Welcome to the Fungal, it gets worse here everyday - Fusarium Solani

• Thread starter silverhaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I had it in one plant in coco in two years. I hate hydro, some people are good at it, I suck at hydro, pythium, Fulsarium were rampant in hydro for me.

N

nuglife

Any Updates?

I've found certain strains that are fusarium resistant. Minimizing environmental stress and drenching with a lot of bacteria products is helping. Subdue and Heritage create a noticeable difference in plant health also. This disease is everywhere and spreading quickly, just have to learn how to co-exist.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

I've found certain strains that are fusarium resistant. Minimizing environmental stress and drenching with a lot of bacteria products is helping. Subdue and Heritage create a noticeable difference in plant health also. This disease is everywhere and spreading quickly, just have to learn how to co-exist.

I agree about the spread, well actually with all of what you said...caps teas, orca, and aquasheild have been standard for just about every watering, time consuming and expensive not to mention just a pain in the ass....

do you feel like sharing which strains you've had better luck with?

application rates for both SubDue/Heritage please????? foliar or as a drench, and how long after this do you have to wait in order to re-introduce bennies and myco's

Last edited:
N

nuglife

I'm in coco, those are drench application rates. I don't know how effective sprays are for fusarium. How do you know you have fusarium? Lab test or seeing symptoms?

N

nuglife

I agree about the spread, well actually with all of what you said...caps teas, orca, and aquasheild have been standard for just about every watering, time consuming and expensive not to mention just a pain in the ass....

do you feel like sharing which strains you've had better luck with?

application rates for both SubDue/Heritage please????? foliar or as a drench, and how long after this do you have to wait in order to re-introduce bennies and myco's

Rascal's Fire OG has done well for me. Any strain that grows quickly and is hearty. Most og's don't do well against fusarium. I use the subdue and heritage weekly rotating between them in veg. I feed bennies a few days after drench each week. Keep feeding the bennies in flower also.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

I'm in coco, those are drench application rates. I don't know how effective sprays are for fusarium. How do you know you have fusarium? Lab test or seeing symptoms?

symptoms... I have sent some samples in to a lab, results aren't back yet.... I'm scared, just preparing for the worst. I have been struggling for the last year and half or so.... I thought it was a new environment I just hadn't dialed in yet I no longer feel that way... I know I'm battling some unforeseen pathogen or fungi

Thanks NL ill see what happens

N

nuglife

symptoms... I have sent some samples in to a lab, results aren't back yet.... I'm scared, just preparing for the worst. I have been struggling for the last year and half or so.... I thought it was a new environment I just hadn't dialed in yet I no longer feel that way... I know I'm battling some unforeseen pathogen or fungi

I've only had a few plants wilt in a few years. Major signs are around week 3, once PK starts to be increased. That added stress makes the plant look unhealthy with deficiencies and yellowing. Also get the pink stems like P or mag deficiency. If you ever see a plant where all the leaves are small and same size throughout the plant is a sign. When you harvest look at crown, you'll see the pathogen entering the plant through the root system and into the plant leaving a brown ring.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

I've only had a few plants wilt in a few years. Major signs are around week 3, once PK starts to be increased. That added stress makes the plant look unhealthy with deficiencies and yellowing. Also get the pink stems like P or mag deficiency. If you ever see a plant where all the leaves are small and same size throughout the plant is a sign. When you harvest look at crown, you'll see the pathogen entering the plant through the root system and into the plant leaving a brown ring.

DING DING DING! yeah that's what all my research showed, and that's whats happening, ive seen the ring aswell

im in the process of building a new spot, think there is any hope if i start fresh, fresh, new, new?.... im worried about bringing it with me...

equally as important I wish I could identify where I picked it up at

Last edited:
N

nuglife

DING DING DING! yeah that's what all my research showed, and that's whats happening, ive seen the ring aswell

im in the process of building a new spot, think there is any hope if i start fresh, fresh, new, new?.... im worried about not bringing it with me...

Use Physan 20 to sterilize everything, even soak your seeds in a mixture of it before popping. Cannot remove it from cuts without tissue culture lab. Shower, new clothes, shoes etc every time going between grows. I'm building a new spot also with UV lighting in my entryways that kills spores on contact. All these precautions and fusarium could still come in through our water supply, or on grow supplies.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

Use Physan 20 to sterilize everything, even soak your seeds in a mixture of it before popping. Cannot remove it from cuts without tissue culture lab. Shower, new clothes, shoes etc every time going between grows. I'm building a new spot also with UV lighting in my entryways that kills spores on contact. All these precautions and fusarium could still come in through our water supply, or on grow supplies.

been using physan20, but this UV lights sounds like I must have....

I wonder if my well is my source....

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

never really had problems till I moved here.... how can I get my water tested for fusarium

ubi

ubi

lovin this thread.
but not.
i think i see this at the grow i work... and home....boo.
the numbers represent the fact.
sometimes the truth fckin hurts

ubi

ubi

so capulator,
when u gonna get that tricho 22 in yer packs??
i already use the crap out of that stuff
ITS AWESOME!!

T

toquer

ever think of running ozone? i'm knocking on wood every time i read one of these forums where people have plants dying from fungal infection. i'm in the process of buying a second ozone generator. i've got one in flower, that runs 15 minutes on 30 minutes off. runs around the clock. have not had any fungal outbreaks of any kind here.

2nd ozone generator will be for the entire warehouse so that i don't have to worry about the area surrounding my grow rooms. keeps odors down to a minimum and airborne spores dead on contact.

but beware...ozone is a dangerous chemical.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

ever think of running ozone? i'm knocking on wood every time i read one of these forums where people have plants dying from fungal infection. i'm in the process of buying a second ozone generator. i've got one in flower, that runs 15 minutes on 30 minutes off. runs around the clock. have not had any fungal outbreaks of any kind here.

2nd ozone generator will be for the entire warehouse so that i don't have to worry about the area surrounding my grow rooms. keeps odors down to a minimum and airborne spores dead on contact.

but beware...ozone is a dangerous chemical.

mfg.. recommendations? how do you size a unit? how do you calculate load and run times for a given area/volume etc.?

Top Bottom