Well here I am 66 yrs. old and growing Weed

• Thread starter TheCanadianBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

Greetings fellow Canuck.
I‘m in Ontario. Not quite as nasty weather but it still gets cold.
With a good tent most lights will keep your temps up fairly well. Even my smaller LED’s keep my 3x3 at 73*. The T5 gets to high 70’s
and the CMH’s even low 80’s. When they go out the temp drops to mid 60’s. I just use a small space heater during lights out when necessary.
Adding a humidifier or dehumidifier if needed will also add a little heat.
Once you get your environment heated and controlled you can grow any strain. It’s summer in the grow room.
There are controls and corrections for every parameter.
Research which method and medium you want to use. Some take more work and are more finicky than others. Soil, coco, hydros.
There are a lot of good smart people here that are willing and able to help but they like you to be somewhat prepared and informed.
Good luck and enjoy!
As a Michigander, I know the cold!! I've found pretty much any and all indica and indica leaning hybrids grow perfectly fine in the colder temps. I'd agree with Goodthingsgrow on the temp balance with lights on and a small space heater set to around 63F or so should do the trick. I use a coco mix substrate and that works perfect. We typically use the winter months to grow some great indicas and shoot for more sativa strains in the summer. Happy growing!!

1Islandguy

1Islandguy

Southern end of Nova scotia N 43.2 did ok with green crack and purple kush but lost most of my blue dream to bud rot

Top Bottom