Well heres gonna be my grow diary on my inside and outside plants!

• Thread starter Rebeccalovato777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Imo use both switches on and back the light up a bit. Taking advantage of both blue and red receptors for photosynthesis
The red will lead to longer internodes (more stretch) if thats your goal though
I've been using Blurples for a while now and have never used both grow and bloom at the same time. That being said, if adding in red will elongate internodes then FOR SURE I don't want any red spec in the lighting since GG4 stretches like crazy if you don't know how to control it. Right now I have a blurple on grow only and a white light that I just bought. I haven't seen a difference in internoding between the two and the white light has both red and blue blazing away so my experience hasn't shown what you are saying! Maybe the blurple has enough red LED's in its grow phase to fulfill what the plant needs. Not sure. Just know I haven't seen what you've described.

8 4 tent

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been using Blurples for a while now and have never used both grow and bloom at the same time. That being said, if adding in red will elongate internodes then FOR SURE I don't want any red spec in the lighting since GG4 stretches like crazy if you don't know how to control it. Right now I have a blurple on grow only and a white light that I just bought. I haven't seen a difference in internoding between the two and the white light has both red and blue blazing away so my experience hasn't shown what you are saying! Maybe the blurple has enough red LED's in its grow phase to fulfill what the plant needs. Not sure. Just know I haven't seen what you've described.

View attachment 1268173
Its not that simple… your wasting your ability to maximize photosynthesis if your not using both. Plants have different receptors for different spectrums. So not bothering to utilize them is a waste imo. I mean it really not as simple as red cause stretch…. Like really not that simple, can’t stress that enough.

You absolutely right about have white, which is a mix of all spectrum and the K value will give you an idea towards if it leans blue or red with the inclusion of green.

Last edited:
Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

Its not that simple… your wasting your ability to maximize photosynthesis if your not using both. Plants have different receptors for different spectrums. So not bothering to utilize them is a waste imo. I mean it really not as simple as red cause stretch…. Like really not that simple, can’t stress that enough.

You absolutely right about have white, which is a mix of all spectrum and the K value will give you an idea towards if it leans blue or red with the inclusion of green.
💯 I agreed with you!

Heywood

Heywood

Hi Rebecca. Good looking plants so far.

I see that your pots are sitting directly on the saucers and appear to be sitting in standing water. If so, you may want to consider suspending your pots up off the saucer using some type of spacer.

You don't want the pots sitting in water like that. If left constantly sitting in that, it can lead to problems like over-watering and root-rot not to mention poor air circulation.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

You absolutely right about have white, which is a mix of all spectrum and the K value will give you an idea towards if it leans blue or red with the

Hi Rebecca. Good looking plants so far.

I see that your pots are sitting directly on the saucers and appear to be sitting in standing water. If so, you may want to consider suspending your pots up off the saucer using some type of spacer.

You don't want the pots sitting in water like that. If left constantly sitting in that, it can lead to problems like over-watering and root-rot not to mention poor air circulation.
I usually have them off I had just feed and watered so I like all the water to drain about 10 to 15 minutes than I remove the plates there only there for max 15 minutes till water is out! I hate water in my tent to much cords! That's OK right there never sitting in them longe4 than that!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I don't know if its how the pictures are taken or if the new leaves are light green. Are you feeding organiclly or nutrients?

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

I don't know if its how the pictures are taken or if the new leaves are light green. Are you feeding organiclly or nutrients?
Nutrients they needed more the pH was kinda low when I just tested it so I applied a little more!

Reactions: PK1
Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

what ph did you test that was low? the nutrients or you did a soil slurry test?
What are you using for soil and nutrients?
It was at 5.0 and 5.2 beastie bloomz rdo you think it was to early

Reactions: PK1
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Not yet but lookin forward to it for sure. The Blue Sunset Sherbet is growing like a professional squatter but the Mimosa x OP has been flawless so far the 1st 40ish days

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

i've never used beastie bloomz. 0-50-30 npk
What are you feeding for nitrogin since beastie bloomz dosn't have any? these girls are about to stretch for the next couple weeks.
So I probably should switch back to open sesame

Top Bottom