Wembley in RDWC

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like your

I'm a scrog guy usually, its just easier for me. If it were possible to get the plants to the same height I'd probably start there, just so the lights are working with each other... your plants look great. They all look like this when they are in transition. Your doing a good job.
Same thing bro... That's why single buckets suck 😁 no bueno on the scrog with em. To hard for water changes. Can be done but no easy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are a few is us mermen around. @Dizzy88 rdwc I think you will find amazingly easy in comparison.

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

There are a few is us mermen around. @Dizzy88 rdwc I think you will find amazingly easy in comparison.
Yes sir definitely agreed bro. Well the week of harvest will sit down n decide next move but defs have to automate it somehow. I got both your ideas written for the coco and rdwc ... hell I might even try both bro lol

stltoed

stltoed

Same thing bro... That's why single buckets suck 😁 no bueno on the scrog with em. To hard for water changes. Can be done but no easy.
I started in DWC. My second season I added my second pot and everything to get the "R" I love my rig. Its unusual, affective, ive thought about redoing it, but i would just wind up with a modified Current Culture. I dont have a final tally yet, but I think I'll be over 40oz this season. You gotta love RDWC

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@stltoed what's the plans for next grow... I have a feeling I may have asked and your done until nov? I'm sorry if I'm confusing you with someone else.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I started in DWC. My second season I added my second pot and everything to get the "R" I love my rig. Its unusual, affective, ive thought about redoing it, but i would just wind up with a modified Current Culture. I dont have a final tally yet, but I think I'll be over 40oz this season. You gotta love RDWC
Yeah growth rates are insane compared to soil. I'm doing my first soil grow now and well I have made mistakes and been lazy at but I think it's due to how slow things change. In my RDWC I can watch them grow, in soil I kinda feel like watching paint dry is stiff competition. On to coco next @cemchris @Dirtbag held my pink seahorse for ransom ( inside joke right @MIMedGrower ) so after seeing DB absolutely smash it in coco I have to try for myself. Then we will see but I have a feeling I will be staying in coco because I'm so height limited and SOG I feel will be the best suited for me once I'm done these mom runs

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If it works and you know it.. it also looks like it lol. I wouldn't change a thing.

stltoed

stltoed

Yes sir definitely agreed bro. Well the week of harvest will sit down n decide next move but defs have to automate it somehow. I got both your ideas written for the coco and rdwc ... hell I might even try both bro lol
I love Silica... easily the most underrated element we use. I tell people to add a large res. when making the leap from DWC to RDWC. The greater volume will ease pH swings from Silica. They don't all do it, but Armor Si from Gen Hydro for instance will give you a pH of 11 and takes a while for it to chill out. Silica Blast from Botanicare is probably the tamest ive used. Im hopped up on designer Silicas now... there should be a 12 step program. My rig is 50 gallons total.

This may be a bit controversial... i get the fuzzy eyeball all the time for this... i use a very large air pump. One that goes way beyond O2 saturation. I believes it helps nutrients through the roots. It keeps the roots open and free from the side of the bucket where one can harbor issues. The only downside is some nutrients may foam up... Z7 is one, Power Si is another, they will Lawrence Welk my room in a hurry, but i still use Power Si.

Anyway... your plants look great. Get ready for the magic to happen.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I love Silica... easily the most underrated element we use. I tell people to add a large res. when making the leap from DWC to RDWC. The greater volume will ease pH swings from Silica. They don't all do it, but Armor Si from Gen Hydro for instance will give you a pH of 11 and takes a while for it to chill out. Silica Blast from Botanicare is probably the tamest ive used. Im hopped up on designer Silicas now... there should be a 12 step program. My rig is 50 gallons total.

This may be a bit controversial... i get the fuzzy eyeball all the time for this... i use a very large air pump. One that goes way beyond O2 saturation. I believes it helps nutrients through the roots. It keeps the roots open and free from the side of the bucket where one can harbor issues. The only downside is some nutrients may foam up... Z7 is one, Power Si is another, they will Lawrence Welk my room in a hurry, but i still use Power Si.

Couldn't agree more

stltoed

stltoed

Yeah growth rates are insane compared to soil. I'm doing my first soil grow now and well I have made mistakes and been lazy at but I think it's due to how slow things change. In my RDWC I can watch them grow, in soil I kinda feel like watching paint dry is stiff competition. On to coco next @cemchris @Dirtbag held my pink seahorse for ransom ( inside joke right @MIMedGrower ) so after seeing DB absolutely smash it in coco I have to try for myself. Then we will see but I have a feeling I will be staying in coco because I'm so height limited and SOG I feel will be the best suited for me once I'm done these mom runs
I grow 1 in soil in a 3x3 closet in my shed every time I grow hydro... usually the same strain. There are all sorts of flavors of soil out there... im a Fox Farm Ocean Forrest guy, but i started composting and adding it a planting, also throughout the grow with top feeding. You can also make killer teas from this that helps revitalize the rhizosphere. You can even build your compost to favor bacteria or fungi. These teas can be used in hydro also

If you ever want to learn about soil (its truly fascinating) a man named Jeff Lowenfels has 3 books... Teaming with Bacteria, Teaming With Fungi, and Teaming With Nutrients. I have one left and i can't wait

Dizzy88

Dizzy88

Much appreciate the wisdom bro. I use silica too.... @Aqua Man got me on that. It is truly magic.

stltoed

stltoed

It really really is
What blows my mind is why its some crazy secret.... "Nothing can do all that!" I know people on other forums that just don't believe it. If it JUST increased the efficiency of the floem and xylem id use it. But thats 1 of probably 10-12 other major benefits.
Seriously... I couldn't have finished this season. It was over 100F one day about a month ago and well over 90 many other times. Silica is the goods

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What blows my mind is why its some crazy secret.... "Nothing can do all that!" I know people on other forums that just don't believe it. If it JUST increased the efficiency of the floem and xylem id use it. But thats 1 of probably 10-12 other major benefits.
Seriously... I couldn't have finished this season. It was over 100F one day about a month ago and well over 90 many other times. Silica is the goods
Preach it brother.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Hygroz speaking of auto top off you still have a pic of that humidifier you rigged up with auto top off? Lol genius

Top Bottom