West Coast Chronicles

Welcome to my new, all inclusive thread. Rather than starting a new thread for every new endeavor, I've decided to consolidate it into one special place.

The first chapter in this story is the switch from HPS to LED. This will be an interesting first run I'm sure; while I get to know my new light.

Lighting: HLG-600 V2, (2) RapidLED Far Red Pucks, and (2) 4' SolarCure UVB lights. (All three will be new to me)

I re-configured the flower tent and moved the plants into their new home today. I'll probably let them acclimate for about a week before I flip to flower. I want to make sure the conditions are dialed in and I still need to set up the SCROG netting. I'm not expecting a full net this run because I wasn't originally planning to SCROG it.

This run consists of:
- BlackJack from Nirvana
- Tangie from Nirvana
- Gelat.OG from Seedsman
- 9lb. Hammer from Jinxproof Genetics
- Birthday Cake Kush from some random dude at the hydro shop

I'll be using Mega Crop, Rootamentary, SeaGreen, Mammoth P, and Select Emerald Harvest additives.

Veg rack:
- Hyper Alien from Reno Genetics
- Hyper Blueberry Blast from Reno Genetics
- Ghost Train Haze from RareDankness

I'm going to be trying my hand at manifolding/mainlining with these. This will be a first.

There is also clones from everything that just went into the flower tent.

Thanks brother. I'm replacing a 1000W HPS. It worked absolutely great but there was some sticker shock with the electric bill. I'm trying to bring my cost down with the LED. This is my second indoor grow. My first was with the HPS.
Nice, I'll be following for sure. I'm on a sliding scale power rate that is 7 cents per kwh and goes up as high as 12 cents after I've used a certain amount, so I've never been too bothered. 2 x 1000w lamps only runs me about $50-70 a month in power.

But seeing some of the prices people pay for power I'm not surprised so many people use LED.

I'm thinking about adding some COB strips just for supplemental at some point. Either way, Im curious to see how this pans out for you.

Nice, I'll be following for sure. I'm on a sliding scale power rate that is 7 cents per kwh and goes up as high as 12 cents after I've used a certain amount, so I've never been too bothered. 2 x 1000w lamps only runs me about $50-70 a month in power.

But seeing some of the prices people pay for power I'm not surprised so many people use LED.

I'm thinking about adding some COB strips just for supplemental at some point. Either way, Im curious to see how this pans out for you.
For $50 - $70 per month, I probably wouldn't have switched. You have it made where ever you're at. My electric bill went from and average of $250/month up to an astronomical $650. I was shocked to say the least. I was expecting it to go up about a hundred bucks.

For $50 - $70 per month, I probably wouldn't have switched. You have it made where ever you're at. My electric bill went from and average of $250/month up to an astronomical $650. I was shocked to say the least. I was expecting it to go up about a hundred bucks.
$400 a month to run one 1000w? Jeebus what do you pay for power? That works out to over a dollar per kwh running it for 12 hrs a day.

AnselAdams

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome to my new, all inclusive thread. Rather than starting a new thread for every new endeavor, I've decided to consolidate it into one special place.

The first chapter in this story is the switch from HPS to LED. This will be an interesting first run I'm sure; while I get to know my new light.

Lighting: HLG-600 V2, (2) RapidLED Far Red Pucks, and (2) 4' SolarCure UVB lights. (All three will be new to me)

I re-configured the flower tent and moved the plants into their new home today. I'll probably let them acclimate for about a week before I flip to flower. I want to make sure the conditions are dialed in and I still need to set up the SCROG netting. I'm not expecting a full net this run because I wasn't originally planning to SCROG it.

This run consists of:
- BlackJack from Nirvana
- Tangie from Nirvana
- Gelat.OG from Seedsman
- 9lb. Hammer from Jinxproof Genetics
- Birthday Cake Kush from some random dude at the hydro shop

I'll be using Mega Crop, Rootamentary, SeaGreen, Mammoth P, and Select Emerald Harvest additives.
I'm In!!

I am a Hydro grower but weed knowledge is weed knowledge... and it looks like i can absorb some of yours. :cool:

I'd like to know more about the LED rack please; ... when you get time.

$400 a month to run one 1000w? Jeebus what do you pay for power? That works out to over a dollar per kwh running it for 12 hrs a day.
No idea, but it isn't cheap. lol. I looked at the charges once and if I recall it was around .45 per whatever they were charging me. I'm also running a space heater through the dead of winter to keep the temps up and a humidifier at times when the RH drops. I'm sure those were playing a role too. I'm pretty sure the fans and T-5's are minimal.

No idea, but it isn't cheap. lol. I looked at the charges once and if I recall it was around .45 per whatever they were charging me. I'm also running a space heater through the dead of winter to keep the temps up and a humidifier at times when the RH drops. I'm sure those were playing a role too. I'm pretty sure the fans and T-5's are minimal.
Yeah your space heater probably draws as much power, or damn close to it as the HPS. And yeah, holy moly .45 cents per kwh is expensive as hell. I'd be rocking LeD too lol. Fuck that noise.

I think I was a little excited to finally get this new thread going. I've been waiting for a minute on these lights and re-configuring my tent. With that said, I breezed right over a few details some folks might be interested in.

Tent: 5'9" x 5'9"x 6'9"
Temps: 67 - 73 degrees
RH: 40-60%
Water/Feed @ 6.2 PH
Water temp: 72 degrees
Substrate: 40% FFOF, 40% Pindstrup Blonde Coco, 20% Perlite

I'll run just water @ 6.2 PH for about 3 weeks whenever they're planted or up-potted to use up the nutrients in the fresh soil. Then I'll switch to this schedule;

In veg:
First water/feed: Mega Crop, EH Cal/Mag, EH Honey Chome
Second water/feed: Rootamentary, SeaGreen, EH Cal/Mag, EH Honey Chome
Third water/feed: EH Cal/Mag
(Repeat)
I'll add EH Root Wizard twice during veg mixed into the first feed. Usually around week 3 or 4 and then once again around week 6.

In flower:
First water/feed: Mega Crop, EH Cal/Mag, EH Honey Chome, EH King Kola
Second water/feed: Rootamentary, SeaGreen, EH Cal/Mag, EH Honey Chome
Third water/feed: EH Cal/Mag
(Repeat)

I'm only planning to use the Mammoth P for one or two weeks. I'll need to refresh my memory on what weeks those are. I believe its week 3 and 4. But I'll dig that info up the closer I get.

I begin leaching the plants once I think I'm about 10 days from harvest. I use flawless finish on the first watering, then nothing but plain water until harvest.

I think that about covers it.

Day 73 of veg:

I'm going to flip in a week so I stripped them down today. I cut everything below the top 2-3 nodes.

Pic 1: I already stripped the lower left plant in this pic.

Pic 2 & 3: Canopy after all plants were stripped

Pic 4 & 5: Below the netting