Wet/dry, Flower/veg, 35mg Sample Size, Test For Cbd At Home (reliable And Accurate!)

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I totally forgot

I have a cannatonic 4 in veg I can test and compare to flower results.

Also have a chocoloco (3:3) in veg as well

And those 6 testers in veg/clone/seedling room.

I only have 3hrs of clone work to do tonight. I should be able to bang out all the tests.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

So sorry for the delay, the key with wet samples is using the same weight samples from the same parts of the plants. Wet samples should be approximately the same 'size' as a 35mg dry sample. Smaller and there may not be enough CBD for a reaction, larger and it messes up the test physically.

I use the 91% and pour a measure into another container. I then add about 50% more r/o water to it, which is approximately 50%. As long as the same solution is used for every test, the results will be comparable to each other. The best results seem to be with completely dry samples, crushed to a powder before weighing.

CBD Isolate? Oh man... please tell me you can do the math for how much to add for a 35mg sample? What amount of isolate would be 1%, 5%, 10% and so on? Not my strong point!

Wait... purple the instant you added 91%? Did you already have the charcoal in there?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

No, well maybe bot totally purple as soon as the 91%. It turned pinkish/amber I guess. I'l give it another go tomorrow. It' lab tested 100% isolate. I'll just put in one of the small scoops worth and see what happens. Like small!

Edit
Sodium hydroxide, material, 91% at this step.
20180121 205046

Last edited:
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Bit more of a sample size than I'm using and I try to fill the vial at least 50% with the 91%. Need to get a good strong extraction from the sample. :) Sorry, haven't done any tests except one, and apparently the West Coast Sour Diesel has almost zero CBD. Nearly clear as a bell. lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I got fully booked this weekend now. I may have time late Sunday night now. Lol

str8smokn

str8smokn

Here’s the end result of a Charlottes web/ NCMT that @Lazerus00 has grown out.
1D26ACE9 697B 4CD2 B438 7EC969A0A23F

C8843D09 6AD5 4375 A646 3F92D6C21841

So we have a buddy who is going to send a sample in to have tested at a Lab also just to confirm and kind of give a judgment on the home test colors.
Darker color higher CBDs?
Quicker color change high CBDs?
STR8

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Wow it's been forever since I've signed on here but man am i glad @str8smokn let me know about this amazing at home test!!! Talk about a useful tool to have in your repertoire. It just so happens i recently grew out a plant that was showing traits of having a higher than normal CBD level but since i live in a bullshit state i was worried i might never know what i really have. St8smokin was kind enough to forward me the recipe and procedure and I'm happy i tonight i executed the test without a hitch and I'm even happier to report my juice was purple as a mofo! I followed the directions so far as keeping things as clean/sterile as possible and was as precise as i could be with both measurements and timing! I tested the suspect plant 3 different times, all with dried partially cured buds and all three came out dark purple! Just to satisfy a curiousity i had, I also tested some flower i had laying around that i knew for sure had no cbd in it and I'm stoked to report the solution did NOT turn purple! When things went so well that first test a little part of me was thinking that the solution might always turn purple or that i messed up on some way but it's looking like things went perfectly! I've included a cpl pics of the plant in question and my test results! The strain is Charllotes Web crossed with Moontang i believe. Let me also please just say whoever came up with this test is a freaking GENIOUS and those of you that were considerate enough to share this knowledge and repost this test are really pillars in our community! Thanks guys!

20180130 151350
20180130 140831
20180130 151405
20180130 151647
20180130 151637
20180130 163037
20180130 163033
20180130 163057
str8smokn

str8smokn

Wow it's been forever since I've signed on here but man am i glad @str8smokn let me know about this amazing at home test!!! Talk about a useful tool to have in your repertoire. It just so happens i recently grew out a plant that was showing traits of having a higher than normal CBD level but since i live in a bullshit state i was worried i might never know what i really have. St8smokin was kind enough to forward me the recipe and procedure and I'm happy i tonight i executed the test without a hitch and I'm even happier to report my juice was purple as a mofo! I followed the directions so far as keeping things as clean/sterile as possible and was as precise as i could be with both measurements and timing! I tested the suspect plant 3 different times, all with dried partially cured buds and all three came out dark purple! Just to satisfy a curiousity i had, I also tested some flower i had laying around that i knew for sure had no cbd in it and I'm stoked to report the solution did NOT turn purple! When things went so well that first test a little part of me was thinking that the solution might always turn purple or that i messed up on some way but it's looking like things went perfectly! I've included a cpl pics of the plant in question and my test results! The strain is Charllotes Web crossed with Moontang i believe. Let me also please just say whoever came up with this test is a freaking GENIOUS and those of you that were considerate enough to share this knowledge and repost this test are really pillars in our community! Thanks guys!

Right on , Right on brother.
STR8

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So further confirmation that this test is legit! Included are some pictures of the results from 5 separate test done with 5 different strains/samples taken from dried/cured flower of strains I know DO NOT have a significant amount of CBD! I can't lie a was a little worried that these test would end with purple solution but I'm happy to report and show off that the test clearly shows the test finished with a clear solution in which you can clearly make out the flower sample and charcoal granules but not a bit of purple!! I can't say enough how impressed i am with the effectiveness of this test!

20180130 220900
20180130 220915
20180130 222143
20180130 222206
20180130 222219
20180130 215716
2018 01 30 232525
2018 01 30 232640
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I'm so surprised this thread isn't popping off with activity due to the content! I mean i can't get over how freaking awesome this is!!! Also feel like I'm posting a lot so sorry but I'm so stoked with how consistent every test is coming out test after test! Today i did a handful more test on my pheno of CWebXMT (a @gravekat303 creation) and made sure to really try and use samples from any and every part of the dried/cured bud and trim which i happen to have kept. I was having a hard time getting good pics of the color with the charcoal still being in the test vial so after a quick moment i grabbed a pipette and siphoned off the top colored part of the finished solution and put it in a new vial. I'm still no photographer but you can deff see the depth of the finish color much better!!

20180131 192830
20180131 192835
20180131 192858
20180131 192913
20180131 192917
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Hey everybody i wanted to mention I've made a mistake everytime I've talked about and called the plant by name. It is not simple CWebXMoontang but rather something much MUCH bettet! It's CWebX(NorCalCatPissXMoonTang) aka CWebXNCMT.... Sorry for the confusion. I wanna make sure that anybody reading the thread know the correct genealogy that way they can know the correct creator!

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Awesome :)
I'm just as excited, and I know it's going to take a while to percolate through the community. The end result is going to be fantastic. :) Thanks for posting all this up, every piece of detail we can use helps the rest of us. Rock on!

BioStimz

BioStimz

Can anyone explain the mechanism of action here.... cuz I can't find one.

Why does "purple indicate CBD"?

How is CBD being isolated from other cannabinoids and/or other constituents?

In other words.... how is it that only CBD is interacting with the color-change?

Doesn't make sense.

~

Last edited:
Top Bottom