Wet/dry, Flower/veg, 35mg Sample Size, Test For Cbd At Home (reliable And Accurate!)

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@Douglas.C
Can you post the tek for the thc test. I thought I seen it over on the thread at ic, but couldn' find it.

Last edited:
BioStimz

BioStimz

so how do u test for each CBD, CBN, CBG, CBND....
You misunderstood my point. I wasn't referring to testing for them, I was referring to how they were being excluded from the test results - but someone would rather refer to dead horses, than explain the science..... So here ya go:

The following non-Delta-9 cannabinoid acids are listed in order of predominance in drug-type/fiber-type Cannabis:

CBDA (cannabidiolic acid)
CBNA (cannabinolic acid)
CBGA (cannabigerolic acid)
CBCA (cannabichromenic acid)
CBNDA (cannabinodiolic acid)

The Beam reaction involves the oxidation of a cannabinoid acid to it's monomeric and dimeric hydroxyquinones, via the reagent potassium hydroxide - or in this instance, sodium hydroxide. The anions of the oxidized hydroxyquinones are violet to dark-violet in color (Mechoulam et al., 1968).

So by what mechanism is only CBDA being identified?

How are the results not confounded by the other cannabinoid acids in the sample, since CBDA itself, isn't being isoated?

Carry on.

~

BioStimz

BioStimz

have a link for a test kit that the folks can use at home?
I already posted one in a screenshot, but here's the link (note this was merely an example - I know nothing about the integrity of the product or the manufacturer, but I'm sure there are various options):

~

str8smokn

str8smokn

So how is that test any different than this one.?
How do we know it’s not the same chemicals already premixed ?
How does it differentiate CBD from CBDA and so on.?
STR8

Srenots

Srenots

I already posted one in a screenshot, but here's the link (note this was merely an example - I know nothing about the integrity of the product or the manufacturer, but I'm sure there are various options):

~
ok...but do u know where to get a kit for home use that will test all of them...CBD, CBN, CBG, CBND ?

BioStimz

BioStimz

ok...but do u know where to get a kit for home use that will test all of them...CBD, CBN, CBG, CBND ?
No.... I highly doubt there's any home kit that tests for anything other than THC & CBD, but I could be wrong.

All I wanna know is how any of these tests are excluding the other cannabinoid acids from the test sample.

~

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Man i was wondering what this thread was missing... Someone joining just to say how this test sucks and how inaccurate it is and how we're all stupid for being happy about it..LoL

.....Anyway found a lab that we can test at without having to buy an annual state test so I think by the end of this upcoming week we should have lab results!! Can't wait to see how the new girl tests!!

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

You misunderstood my point. I wasn't referring to testing for them, I was referring to how they were being excluded from the test results
They're not. CBD happens to be the most prevelant of them, giving the strongest reaction.
You're actually the typical example of why people don't traffic this board much, and the reason I quit posting here until this one about the test. Doing my best to be helpful. This board has too many people like you though... Nothing positive to contribute, nothing helpful, just cursory research and negativity.

Good luck folks. You can find me elsewhere on the net, talking about this subject with other intelligent, forward moving individuals.

oregonized

oregonized

Agree with biostimz here, what action is allowing only cbd to be registered, why cant anyone just drop the chemistry instead of a ad hominem attack, damn.

It is great if the test works, but that isnt the question being asked, just a simple diagnosis of separating a single type hydrocarbon in solution is the question and it has yet to be answered.
So then from that could there be reasonable questioning of expectations that show quality over quantity [ presence]?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Agree with biostimz here, what action is allowing only cbd to be registered, why cant anyone just drop the chemistry instead of a ad hominem attack, damn.

It is great if the test works, but that isnt the question being asked, just a simple diagnosis of separating a single type hydrocarbon in solution is the question and it has yet to be answered.
So then from that could there be reasonable questioning of expectations that show quality over quantity [ presence]?

Then send it to a lab and ask them to break it down.
We don’t know , but yet We are willing to try it and then send in a sample to confirm yes or no .
It’s a chemical reaction that’s happening with the CBDs only is what we hope.

How about this , tell us why it’s not working ?
STR8

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You guys miss the main FN point!!

This is for home testing. I do NOT believe in the shitty add testing facilities in my area. WE set psi up 4 yrs ago and they are CROOKS! They lie and I flare the thc # to stroke the proverbial grower who, and to keep ppl coming back for more tests.

So THIS test is great for us growers who want a simple test to see if the cbd strain we grow has cbd in it, and aprox how potent it may be.

Is this a test where you get a read-out and %, no. But it' better than guessing.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Finally had a moment to test the new cbd keeper

Harrellequin x nor cal moontang
Good ole' Gravekat is the breeder

1st pic is after 2 mins of final rest
2nd pid is taken after shaking before 2 min rest (last step)
1st is starting material

I do believe grinding or breaking it up as if you were twisting one up may be easier for this process than a quick finger tear apart like I did.

@Douglas.C

20180414 205913
20180414 205638
20180414 204534

Last edited:
C

cheifyc

Has anyone done this test during veg with a fan leaf? I want to know if it would work in picking a male that has high cbd to use for breeding. If so how would I go about doing it? Just pick a fan leaf, decarb and dry in oven, then crush into powder and test like the rest of the intructions on this thread? Thanks for this awesome info, and hope I can get a response from someone.

Top Bottom