What´s the story behind the real Sour Diesel?

• Thread starter Frutty_Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldhand

I've decided to go with top dog for my diesel genetics instead of any of rez's stuff... I figure if I can get underdawg & crosses straight from the source, and for half the price of rez's knockoffs, then great!
I see it like this... if you have a big juicy black angus top sirloin and a hamburger sitting in front of you, and whats more the black angus is half the price of the burger, you're gonna go for the angus right?? I know I would... same difference know what I mean ;)

hubcap

hubcap

From what I have read to make an Inbred Line, you need two parents ...a male and female. So technically, you can't make an IBL with a clone only strain.
He outcrossed to a NYCD which actually has no diesel in it. Inbred lines usually lack vigor. Two ibl's crossed together make f1's which have "hybrid vigor".

i was under the impression he hit the ECSD clone with his sensi hindu? (or master) kush.

am i mistaken? dont recall reading rez using NYCD to make the ECSD............you sure thats correct?

-farmer hub

The Joker

The Joker

I think he did use the Sensi Kush to cross for his chemdog knock offs. Doesn't matter to me because you can get better genetics for less money from more reputable breeders.

The Joker

The Joker

That's wierd, I wrote a much longer post...but must have deleted the first part by accident.
I don't go to ICmag...but if you can search there look it up. According to Rez, he made a single outcross to Soma's NYCD to make his Sour Diesel Hybrid. He then made a few crosses to get to it's current form. So SD " IBL is the Sour diesel clone x NYCD. Then he incrossed it to make the final form of the hybrid.

The reason it doesn't come up there much is that if anyone who stated what the technical definition of what an IBL is was banned. Anyone who says they got a high number of males or weak females was banned. I know I wasn't the only one.

A buddy of mine loves the SD V2 which I think is the last version before the "IBL". Some claim that was better than the final version.

What's really funny, is that the most hyped , most expensive gave me lame results. His cheaper knock offs of other people work ( Gonzo no.1 , Williams Wonder) gave me much better results.

It's probably great smoke, what bothers me is the deceit on the part of the breeder and the hype.

I think the best thing we can do is forget that awful site , since it's for suckers only and support good sites like this and reputable breeders who work with transparancy and don't have to resort to attack and lies to support their work.

hubcap

hubcap

i understand your frustration with the "other site" and i also thank you for the clarification in reference to his use of soma's NYCD, which not only surprised me as fact, but, also disappointes me, cuz, IMO, its a HIGHLY overrated strain. again, IMO.

that being said, ive had the pleasure of the "real deal cut" and honestly, from my heart, IMO, theres one out there that comes closer than anyone elses offerring.
again, imo. (but ive yet to try them ALL so dont behead the piper, please.)
and, depending on what thats worth to you....and IF the REAL original ECSD genetics arent available to you....
price is all subjective.

now, before this turns into a that site sucks and that breeder sucks ass fest, let me ask you a coupla things:

1. have you grown, personally, any of the SD rez offers.
2. have you had, personally, the pleasure of smoking or growing certified ECSD genetics?

if the answer to one, or either, of those is NO, time is being wated.

-hub

The Joker

The Joker

I've only grown out SD "IBL", not bottle rocket or Wonder Diesel or any of those others.
Like I said, I only got one female and she was weak. The flavor cured out and the stone was also weak.

I have smoked ECSD, and really liked the flavor. I have smoked many good cuts and have access to lots of good smoke from friends. I try lots of things I don't grow that friends have. Just got some of the White today!

Since I did get 9 males, I made several crosses with an open pollenation using three of the stinkiest males to see if I could get one that was representative of the original. Figured I would get my money's worth.

SD"IBL" x Blueberry ( sativa leaning clone )
SD" IBL" x Desiak ( very tasty sativa from the now defunct almighty seeds)
SD IBLx White Widow ....

*edit, lost my mind for a moment*

hubcap

hubcap

...just very odd, even for rez HATERS, to say the SD"ibl" is weak smoke......

The Joker

The Joker

All I've smoked is the one I got. And it was not good.
The males were beautiful and my favorite plant turned out to be male. It had good structure for LST, smelled great and was vigorous. I used it and two others in the crosses. Super stinky.

Thems the breaks.

I don't hate Rez or anyone really. I was foolish enough to fall for hype when I first started and I had bad luck with my first expensive seed purchase. I've had much better luck since then.

Spread the love and pay it forward have always worked for me.

D

d-storecowboy

I have to agree with the SD IBL not being that impressive. A friend of mine grew out a pack and they were just nowhere close to the real deal in my eyes. And I also have to agree about Rez's whole demeanor, he is a pompous, arrogant person. And if you do have the slightest negative thing to say about his gear, you get banned from that site. But I would definately say that he has some exceptional gear as well. I grew a pack of his Chem DD and that was an amazing strain. I had no hermie issues, yield was great, and potency was amazing. I have never had the clone Chemdog D to compare it to, but if the clone was more potent than that, I'd be surprised. That shit can put you out for the count. Too bad I lost them all to a security incident though.

C

chunkymunky

Chemdog double d imho is an awesome strain. just take a look at hubcap's thread.
friend of mine grew a half of a pack and gave me the other half. needless to say 2 out of 5 were female that were grown and were da bomb.

hubcap

hubcap

the sd is like anything else, i guess. some like it some dont.

F

Frutty_Grower

I grew the half pck of Chemdog DD and 3 were female and all germ.Easy to grow! Well wasn´t so easy to clone but.....the smoke and the aroma was really DA BOMB-never smoke such a good shit! Sour Disel rocks! Cheers hubcap!

N

ndnguy

That's wierd, I wrote a much longer post...but must have deleted the first part by accident.
I don't go to ICmag...but if you can search there look it up. According to Rez, he made a single outcross to Soma's NYCD to make his Sour Diesel Hybrid. He then made a few crosses to get to it's current form. So SD " IBL is the Sour diesel clone x NYCD. Then he incrossed it to make the final form of the hybrid.

The reason it doesn't come up there much is that if anyone who stated what the technical definition of what an IBL is was banned. Anyone who says they got a high number of males or weak females was banned. I know I wasn't the only one.

A buddy of mine loves the SD V2 which I think is the last version before the "IBL". Some claim that was better than the final version.

What's really funny, is that the most hyped , most expensive gave me lame results. His cheaper knock offs of other people work ( Gonzo no.1 , Williams Wonder) gave me much better results.

It's probably great smoke, what bothers me is the deceit on the part of the breeder and the hype.

I think the best thing we can do is forget that awful site , since it's for suckers only and support good sites like this and reputable breeders who work with transparancy and don't have to resort to attack and lies to support their work.
Joker was that SDv2 or DSD v2 because i know myself liked the dsdv2 better than the IBL and had some crosses that turned out pretty sweet with that plant.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Sourdeez cut is a tasty smoke, and hits hard right off. as many have said, and i agree its a short lived high. so ya just keep tokein. one of those smokes thats so tasty ya keep hittin that jar.

as a clone only, for the head its pretty nice. only thing that erks me is the hermie shit. peeps say they have done crosses and never see any hermie plants. from my experience she throws it everytime. now they may not go another gen, or stress a plant to see. ive light stressed every plant from any SD cross ive done, and everyone will throw nanners to some degree. some worse then others.

i could finish the SD with no nanners, but dork with it just a bit and she flips. i run THOHaze, and have outcrossed it to SD. never ever once with ungodly stress have i ever seen a male nut or nanner on a haze plant. add some SD, and there everywhere.

have done quite a few SD outcrosses, friends have had both experiences, some have no problems(green thumb) others have seen the nanners(grow OP) anyway, i no longer have the cut, and the SourHaze is the only outcross that i still grow.

aka

The Joker

The Joker

Hey NDNguy! Hope things are going well for ya. Long time no see. Yes it was the DSD V2. I was offered it but had no room for any more mother plants. I've heard nothing but good things about that version. Many say it had much better results than the final version.

I remember you had some awesome SD crosses and some headband/daywrecker crosses too. Nice.

C

calior

My experience of the sour diesel was really positive,good yield good taste slightly hermy on some but snappin buzz.Perhaps i just got lucky

Top Bottom