What´s the story behind the real Sour Diesel?

• Thread starter Frutty_Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frutty_Grower

Hey folks! I am curious ´bout this-who knows the real story of the Sour Diesel- is it a clone only strain or no? Who is the first breeder? Origin ? I saw in the strain list some different breeder´s version and began to wonder.:thinking! May be British Hempire can put some light on the subject. Hey BH where r u at? lol

F

Frutty_Grower

I was reading the story in the same time thanks bro.Well so in fact the Sour Diesel and the E.C.S.D are one strain? And now this is avail just in clone no seed except Rez and Reef´s versions?

S

supi1012

yup pretty much. rez is comin out with a new ibl in a couple months. theyll prolly be goin for a million dollars tho. if u want ecsd, id make a good friend

J

John Ditchweed

I believe delta 9 labs has a version as well....... but other then rez, reef, and delta versions it is clone only

F

Frutty_Grower

yup pretty much. rez is comin out with a new ibl in a couple months. theyll prolly be goin for a million dollars tho. if u want ecsd, id make a good friend
Yeah you are right ´bout that! That´s why I bought Chemdog DD no extra cash for the real deal!
What about this one guys
thefem.version of the SD. Has anyone tried it?
It is always hard to find the good genes through Shops and Seed banks here in Europe. But I won´t give up :fighting0040: lol

T

todgerdelburro

BC BUD DEPOT "Sour Diesel" is nothing like anything diesely at all ever, deffo not even 50% even though packet claims it is from a Rez version bx the clone

Medical Seeds are S1's AFAIK, a process often knocked but IMO worth looking at, from reading up about it, it appears that some varieties grow pretty true S1 representations... others throw out wild mixes, with real gems to be found, and others bring out recessive traits and truly belong in Ye Olde Bin, possibly realted to the genetic stability of the line, real F1's being better than Polyhybrids ?

The Joker

The Joker

I had very bad luck with Rez's Sour Diesel "IBL" ( Is it still an IBL if you outcross it? And it's made in 1/3 the time it takes any other breeder to make an IBL : See Sam Skunkman )

I've gotten better strains from Rez, but I got 9 out of 10 males and the one female was ok. When I smoked the real deal it was nothing like it.

I grew a Bubba Kush S1 that was a better yielder than the original with the same flavor.

Since Sour Diesel was an accidental cross with Chemdog, why not buy some of the Chemdog Genetics available here from reputable breeders instead of getting ripped of by Rez. Just my 2 cents.

I tried a Chemdog d x Afghani BX that was outstanding.

T

todgerdelburro

I know what you mean about the Rez stuff, hit and miss with the odd whiff of bull, my SD IBL did not germ, and so far I have been skanked on any replacement, I am not happy with that at all in the slightest.

Interesting your S1 Bubba came out so well, yield is the only thing people ever moan about !

H

hazyfontazy

wait till u aquire the clone ,,buying a knock off ibl is like buying a kitcar ,its never gonna perform like the real thing,,

u will probably make a connection now you have asked ,,if your going 420 cup theres at least a dozen folks going who have the ecsd clone ,its all about networking :)

T

todgerdelburro

Hazy, are you saying the Rez version is not that pukka ? mmm, I didnt realise people had the clone this side of the pond, I assumed all the "Sour Diesel" clones I had seen came from his stocks. If I have only seen/smoked the 'fibreglass kit car' versions of SD, can I please book myself an extra large reclining wheelchair ?

Sounds like I need to get my a$$ there without fail ! :)

H

hazyfontazy

Hazy, are you saying the Rez version is not that pukka ? mmm, I didnt realise people had the clone this side of the pond, I assumed all the "Sour Diesel" clones I had seen came from his stocks. If I have only seen/smoked the 'fibreglass kit car' versions of SD, can I please book myself an extra large reclining wheelchair ?

Sounds like I need to get my a$$ there without fail ! :)

i can't comment on rez's ibl ,never tried it ,pics look good ,,the clone is over here and in spain too ,its what i live for lol

T

Titoon_29

i smoked the clone ECSD, and some selected phenotype from Rez SD IBL, and i ld say this particular IBL phenotype is more potent, more Sour, than the ECSD clone.. But not much more.... So they are some good stuff to be found in Rez gear...

++

F

Frutty_Grower

Well so some of you say the IBL and other the clone-I´ve spoken with some folks from the USA they told the cut is the real deal-but the IBL will do the trick for me too :weed-sign:

@ The Joker-I have Chemdog DD 3 moms and a male I´ll keep them for sure and make some cross with the Sd no matter IBL or the cut!

@ hazyfontazy I won´t go to 420 but who knows may be I´ll find it although

@Titoon 29 u r right m8 good phenos but extremly expensive strain!

Keep on searching!

F

Frutty_Grower

I had very bad luck with Rez's Sour Diesel "IBL" ( Is it still an IBL if you outcross it? And it's made in 1/3 the time it takes any other breeder to make an IBL : See Sam Skunkman )

The following is from article from ICMAG ``How to create an IBL`` or something like this:

...Successful breeders don't try to map everything at once. Instead, they concentrate on the main phenotypes that will make their plant unique and of a high quality. Once they have locked down four or five traits they can move on. True breeding strains are created slowly, in stages. Well known true breeding strains like Skunk#l and Afghani#l took as long as 20 years to develop. If anyone states that they developed a true breeding strain in one or two years you can be sure that the genetics they started with were true breeding, homozygous, in the first place....``
So if this is true? Just a question?

A

astartes

My two cents are to get the real ECSD clone if possible. I've grown out Rez's Sour D "IBL" and found a lot of variation, mostly leaning toward the Kush side. IMHO, Rez made a mistake using a Hindu Kush to outcross. A ganni would have been much better as it's largely more transparent.

astartes

hubcap

hubcap

i smoked the clone ECSD, and some selected phenotype from Rez SD IBL, and i ld say this particular IBL phenotype is more potent, more Sour, than the ECSD clone.. But not much more.... So they are some good stuff to be found in Rez gear...

++

fwiw....i agree whole heartedly.

The Joker

The Joker

From what I have read to make an Inbred Line, you need two parents ...a male and female. So technically, you can't make an IBL with a clone only strain.
He outcrossed to a NYCD which actually has no diesel in it. Inbred lines usually lack vigor. Two ibl's crossed together make f1's which have "hybrid vigor".

Now since ECSD is really an accidental polybrid, you can't say it's true breeding.

If he were honest he would say that he made a hybrid using an ECSD clone and with outcrossing and backrossing he made a new line that had many features of the original clone. But he hyped it in a different way.

ICmag censors any discussion that would be bad for business, but who cares anymore,, their days are over as the people who have wised up come here. This place is sucker free. Look around at all the former members who are here and other sites.

If you get good weed out of it great, I wish I did, I had bad luck. But I made some crosses with my males to other sativas and a blueberry clone to make my money's worth.

I guess since it's an unstable polyhybrid ( otherwise there would be very little variation) and not an IBL , you may have to grow out a few packs to get what you are looking for. I've been offered some SD"IBL" clones, but I'm happy with what I've got.

I bought it to see for myself and had bad luck. I'm sure it happens from time to time with any breeder.

Memorias

Memorias

Well said joker I love this place for that sucker free!!!! This place will help u step your game up fo sho.

S

supi1012

ICmag censors any discussion that would be bad for business, but who cares anymore,, their days are over as the people who have wised up come here. This place is sucker free. Look around at all the former members who are here and other sites.

:party0044:

Top Bottom