What´s wrong with my plant?

• Thread starter Vera_imwald
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vera_imwald

Hi everyone!
I am beginner and this year I am growing my first plants in the balcony, where they receive lots of sun. I am located in Germany, so weather conditions are not optimal, though days are quite long this moment of the year. I planted the seeds end of March (not sure which strain it is, as it was coming from a friend´s plant).
In particular, this plant has been in this stage for a while now (showing the pistils for at least 4 weeks), it seemed to be growing well, but now it seems stuck and I´m not sure what´s wrong. Some leaves are facing down and in general it has lost some "glow", and seems to be slowly dying.
I am fertilizing once every 3 days aprox (following the dosage of the package, not more. The fertilizers are aimed to buds growth and blooming), and watering every 2nd day (also depends on the temperatures, sometimes more, sometimes less).
I know the pot might be a bit small, due to space limitations, I don´t want the plant to grow very tall. But maybe this is damaging the plant?
Any leads?
Thanks!

Whats wrong with my plant
Whats wrong with my plant 2
Whats wrong with my plant 3
Whats wrong with my plant 4
Whats wrong with my plant 5
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

They look a little starved for light. They could be re-vegging or confused by their light schedule and that's why you're seeing stunted growth. Now that they are in flowering stage they should get at least 12 hours of total darkness each day. Interruptions in their light cycle will confuse them and they will go back to vegging, or worse, herm out and give you buds full of seeds. So if they're just in your house and you have lights on at night they're probably very confused. Is there any way to move them outside? If not, I would consider buying yourself a decent LED light and sticking them in a closet or something where you can control their light schedule a little better.

Let's talk about the soil and watering practices, as well. Cannabis plants like to have cycles of wet/dry in soil. What kind of soil, exactly, are you using? Here's how I know when to water my plants in pots of soil - First, water them in very well. Soak that soil in the pot until it literally can't soak up another drop. Once you see that it is no longer absorbing water, pick up the pot and get a feel for how much it weighs. Use a scale if that helps, but just get an idea of how heavy it is when it is fully watered. Now do this every day - pick up the pot and feel how heavy it is. It should get lighter and lighter each day. When you go to pick it up and it feels very light, you know it's fairly dried out. Another thing you can do is stick your fingers into the soil down to your middle knuckle (an inch or two into the dirt) and feel the moisture. If it feels dry, it's ready for watering. If it still feels moist, give it another day or so.

Overwatering is a term a lot of folks get confused. It's not watering too much at one time, it's watering too frequently. Basically stagnant water in your soil pots are a breeding ground for root rot and other pathogens. The roots need to "air out" regularly in order to thrive. Sometimes it may only take a day or two before it's dry enough to water again, sometimes longer. You'll know when the roots are really healthy and probably ready for a bigger pot, when you water them fully and it only takes a day before it's dry again - that tells you the roots are pulling the water up the way they should and the plant is thriving.

I'm trying to explain this the best I can without getting too technical, so if I'm not making any sense or you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. There's a LOT of things to know to successfully grow good cannabis - or any plant for that matter. It's a lot of work and there's a lot of knowledge out there, but if you truly enjoy it like I do, learning about it should be fun!

I'd highly suggest checking out the plethora of information available on this website. There are some very knowledgeable folks, here!

Here's a thread that will help you identify nutrient deficiencies and toxicities in Cannabis, among many other helpful charts - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...r-making-nutrient-deficiency-diagnoses.60485/

And there's the Learning Center - https://www.thcfarmer.com/learn/

Good luck and happy farming!

V

Vera_imwald

Howdy and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

They look a little starved for light. They could be re-vegging or confused by their light schedule and that's why you're seeing stunted growth. Now that they are in flowering stage they should get at least 12 hours of total darkness each day. Interruptions in their light cycle will confuse them and they will go back to vegging, or worse, herm out and give you buds full of seeds. So if they're just in your house and you have lights on at night they're probably very confused. Is there any way to move them outside? If not, I would consider buying yourself a decent LED light and sticking them in a closet or something where you can control their light schedule a little better.

Let's talk about the soil and watering practices, as well. Cannabis plants like to have cycles of wet/dry in soil. What kind of soil, exactly, are you using? Here's how I know when to water my plants in pots of soil - First, water them in very well. Soak that soil in the pot until it literally can't soak up another drop. Once you see that it is no longer absorbing water, pick up the pot and get a feel for how much it weighs. Use a scale if that helps, but just get an idea of how heavy it is when it is fully watered. Now do this every day - pick up the pot and feel how heavy it is. It should get lighter and lighter each day. When you go to pick it up and it feels very light, you know it's fairly dried out. Another thing you can do is stick your fingers into the soil down to your middle knuckle (an inch or two into the dirt) and feel the moisture. If it feels dry, it's ready for watering. If it still feels moist, give it another day or so.

Overwatering is a term a lot of folks get confused. It's not watering too much at one time, it's watering too frequently. Basically stagnant water in your soil pots are a breeding ground for root rot and other pathogens. The roots need to "air out" regularly in order to thrive. Sometimes it may only take a day or two before it's dry enough to water again, sometimes longer. You'll know when the roots are really healthy and probably ready for a bigger pot, when you water them fully and it only takes a day before it's dry again - that tells you the roots are pulling the water up the way they should and the plant is thriving.

I'm trying to explain this the best I can without getting too technical, so if I'm not making any sense or you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. There's a LOT of things to know to successfully grow good cannabis - or any plant for that matter. It's a lot of work and there's a lot of knowledge out there, but if you truly enjoy it like I do, learning about it should be fun!

I'd highly suggest checking out the plethora of information available on this website. There are some very knowledgeable folks, here!

Here's a thread that will help you identify nutrient deficiencies and toxicities in Cannabis, among many other helpful charts - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...r-making-nutrient-deficiency-diagnoses.60485/

And there's the Learning Center - https://www.thcfarmer.com/learn/

Good luck and happy farming!
Thanks a lot! Then I guess in my case seems like an alteration in the light cycle. I´ll try to move them outside when it´s night, I guess this would help. I didn´t think they could be sensitive to normal warm lights. After all, since my schedule of irrigation seems correct and fertilization as well, then must be a light confusion. Thanks for your comment, I´ll dive deep into this website´s info :)

Top Bottom