What’s a basic NPK ratio for all stages of growth that’s better than no fertilization at all?

• Thread starter Archie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Archie

Archie

MIMedGrower, Dirtbag, cemchris, Etc.: Your knowledge and passion impress me to no end. That being said, I expect that you fully understand the purpose of my “simple grow.” To know what you know, growing would have to be my career as it would demand all of my time. I’m convinced that your scientific approach has graduated us cannabis enthusiasts from stigmatic “stoners” to medical “wonders.” Kudos!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I'm trying this stuff soon. It's really affordable and designed specifically for growing pot by a fert company that's been around a very long time.

Looks legit. I know you have that new Ca so that should rock for you esp if its cheap. Let me know how stable it is. Looks like a greenhouse supplier has it about 45 mins from me.

MIMedGrower, Dirtbag, cemchris, Etc.: Your knowledge and passion impress me to no end. That being said, I expect that you fully understand the purpose of my “simple grow.” To know what you know, growing would have to be my career as it would demand all of my time. I’m convinced that your scientific approach has graduated us cannabis enthusiasts from stigmatic “stoners” to medical “wonders.” Kudos!

For sure man. We have been at it for a while and when getting into it ran like every bulb, system, medium, and nute under the sun chasing that "good" product. Just hope to help people save money where I wasted it plus time in the past. At this point for me its maximizing yield while reducing cost and work the most. I couldn't care which nute, medium, or light I use as long as its better, cheaper, and easier then the last. I have no love for any of these companies lol. They are just a tool.

shaganja

shaganja

Botanicare soil bloom has such a low N number, I'm pretty sure it would perform poorly in promix used as anything besides a ripener. I had good results using floranova bloom in containers of promix though and it has a relatively high ratio of P, but I always ran grow for 3 weeks or so before transitioning to bloom over the course of a few waterings. But I've also had good results using just grow for the past few runs.. This will be my first run all the way through with pbp grow and so far it's doing just fine. Probably still gonna bump the pk at the end with the soil bloom as a ripener though.

I had bad results with the pbp soil bloom. Too much P and not enough N like you said.

I think if i really wanted to switch to a bloom nute after bud set i would try the hydro bloom.

But tapering off the grow formula works bery well for me in pro mix and ocean forest. I just try to keep them medium green rather than dark green for harvest and the flowers taste excellent right out of the drying closet.
[/QUOTE]
I'm the bonehead using smoking tomatoes soil. I have a plant close to ready. It is dark green in this soil. I used to own a landscape company in Florida, where I learned iron makes lawns dark green. Is this not necessarily a good thing for cannabis? I am only 4 years growing continues years. Besides one time in Kalamazoo. Busted. Jack flash. Just switched em to 12/12! Lol ...I hope the issue isn't too bad because these are the best outdoor I have ever done! I think a week left. I do understand how silly this repot from veg soil to flower is. Flipping a 5 gallon pot sucks!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I had bad results with the pbp soil bloom. Too much P and not enough N like you said.

I think if i really wanted to switch to a bloom nute after bud set i would try the hydro bloom.

But tapering off the grow formula works bery well for me in pro mix and ocean forest. I just try to keep them medium green rather than dark green for harvest and the flowers taste excellent right out of the drying closet.
I'm the bonehead using smoking tomatoes soil. I have a plant close to ready. It is dark green in this soil. I used to own a landscape company in Florida, where I learned iron makes lawns dark green. Is this not necessarily a good thing for cannabis? I am only 4 years growing continues years. Besides one time in Kalamazoo. Busted. Jack flash. Just switched em to 12/12! Lol ...I hope the issue isn't too bad because these are the best outdoor I have ever done! I think a week left. I do understand how silly this repot from veg soil to flower is. Flipping a 5 gallon pot sucks!
[/QUOTE]

I have found they need more curing time to get rid of the “green” taste is all. I fertilize the second half of flower so i have some control.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I used to own a landscape company in Florida, where I learned iron makes lawns dark green. Is this not necessarily a good thing for cannabis?

Iron does green the plant but you need to be careful. The top end threshold of Fe is like 5 ppm at the very most. Normally you want to be in the 0.5-2 ppm range. Excess iron can lock out P.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Iron does green the plant but you need to be careful. The top end threshold of Fe is like 5 ppm at the very most. Normally you want to be in the 0.5-2 ppm range. Excess iron can lock out P.

Heres a thought i never see about iron. When growers think cal mag plus has helped their plants immedietely its just the chelated iron greening up the plants temporarily.

Archie

Archie

If Your planning on spending 150 for a light”idk how much the 300 watt led your getting costs. But if it’s 150 or close I can point you in the direction of an amazing light that will outperform 99% of lights and 100% at that price point
Migrower...there was talk about the possibility of frost up here in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, so I went ahead and ordered an LED light unit that I hope will satisfy my girls’ needs to harvest. Seems like I got a pretty good deal (regular price: $139.98) on a halfway decent “starter” unit...you think?

69FFE8A5 F694 415A B7DE F90099DC9B86
Pandude

Pandude

Does any product have that ratio? I mean, for being a benchmark, I can't think of a single product that has that ratio. If it were that settled as the holy grail, you'd think it would be everywhere. I've unraveled some multi-bottle "lineup" schedules. I think GH Flora 3-part is the only one that came close to that ratio. But, just once in veg. And, just in one of the three "schedules" for Flora series.

It just seems odd that such a well-established ratio would be so not available in all the common proprietary "lineups" (and as a standalone, one-bottle product?).
Perhaps this chart will work, the NPK ratios is highlighted in yellow. The chart is a feeding chart based on the plants lifecycle.
NPK Feeding Chart

Migrower

Migrower

Here is another chart supplied by NPK Industries.View attachment 894872
There are a number of different formulas and you’ll notice the ones that seem to work the best have very similar ratios i. e. GH Lucas,jacks 321. There is a super informational video by GG on the tube and he has a chart with veg+bloom,canna,gh,jacks,and a few others. He breaks down all the macro and micros in every formula. And you can compare all of them. I’m definitely not getting bottled nutes from now on unless it’s necessary. I was very uninformed about the carbon footprint and the complete scam they are.

Aksarben

Aksarben

What I have used before and works great for Cannabis is a liquid called Foliage Pro9-3-6. I use 1 tsp / gallon of water. Then, I saw it listed on a full page ad in one of my Marijuana grow magazines, and it is USED by many professional Marijuana growers. It has done great for me all this time, AND what seems very important to Marijuana is inclusion of Calcium in the product. LInk: https://dyna-gro.com/product/foliage-pro/ it is a 3-1-2 formulation with micro nutrients as well. I got mine at Amazon.com LOVED the results!! Link also has a bit on it's use for cannabis.

Top Bottom