What’s Considered The Start of Flowering?

• Thread starter nashobaTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m a longtime outdoor grower in MA who usually grows feminized seeds. This year I have 5 feminized plants and 2 regular plants, all started April 1 indoors and put outside May 4. No feminized plants are showing any female flowers (typical at this time of year), one regular showing no male or female flowers, and the other regular (flagship BX 592) starting to show single female flowers at nearly every leaf node. My question is…are single flowers considered start of flowering? Breeder information says 65 days for mature flowers so I’m curious how experienced growers determine their flowering start conditions.

Whats considered the start of flowering
Whats considered the start of flowering 2
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I’m a longtime outdoor grower in MA who usually grows feminized seeds. This year I have 5 feminized plants and 2 regular plants, all started April 1 indoors and put outside May 4. No feminized plants are showing any female flowers (typical at this time of year), one regular showing no male or female flowers, and the other regular (flagship BX 592) starting to show single female flowers at nearly every leaf node. My question is…are single flowers considered start of flowering? Breeder information says 65 days for mature flowers so I’m curious how experienced growers determine their flowering start conditions.
The breeder times are taken as an average and usually indoors after 12 hr flip,they usually take longer but if the breeder writes 75 days less people buy

radrichie61

radrichie61

Hey man, I am as green as my bud but I did find this in my research. I thought it was great info on flowering. Hell the whole series is great. Watch this one and then the next for great flowering info. IMO

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Pre flowers grow in pairs. Once they start doubling and quadrupling up in the same shoots, I consider that "day 1". Flowering has ensued from that point onwards $0.02.
I consider the plant mature when they go to alternate phylotaxy and I consider the first day I flip to be the start of flowering,that way I get an accurate time to ripen if I clone it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I consider the plant mature when they go to alternate phylotaxy and I consider the first day I flip to be the start of flowering,that way I get an accurate time to ripen if I clone it.
That's how most of us do it indoors ... Outdoors, there's no "flip" of the light cycle and determining the start of flowering is a bit different like another user posted above.

I remember this thread from back in June. The OP started them very early. They started flowering and then began to re-veg in June. I'm sure by now they are back in flower again.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

That's how most of us do it indoors ... Outdoors, there's no "flip" of the light cycle and determining the start of flowering is a bit different like another user posted above.

I remember this thread from back in June. The OP started them very early. They started flowering and then began to re-veg in June. I'm sure by now they are back in flower again.
Right,my bad,thx

AirHammer

AirHammer

Are my plants flowering yet?

P.sm yes indoor since this is an outdoor forum;) Thats the only indicator I can think of (as mentioned above and beyond).

A week of unbroken sunshine will give them a kick right in the green pants.

Its starting to get fun now. Flower watching is the best.

20220830 175606
20220830 175827
20220830 175646
Last edited:
Top Bottom