What’s going on? Plants are dying??

• Thread starter asbrg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

asbrg

Hello,
First time growing here! I don’t know whats wrong with my plants, leafs changing color and tips drying.
pH: 6.5
Im following the recommended dosages for the nutrients as also for the watering.
Im using an CREE COB LED 1000w
Nutrients and soil as shows on the photos.
Whatt im doing wrong? Any thoughts? Cheers
0F213121-6B6A-42DA-A2A7-FB96C7452552.jpeg
A63715F2-A9A7-4AC7-9843-D451A5341284.jpeg
1BED97A8-E257-4436-A4B1-327C2B1EFE63.jpeg
7B92CCA6-799F-4F64-A5B0-5DC18E83B2A6.jpeg
Whats going on plants are dying 5

A

asbrg

Light stress imo - 1000w of true draw? What heights and intensity are you at?
I did attach the photos from the tent and lightning that I’m using. Although this start happening soon as I water the plants, mixed with the nutrients. Is that a chance of excess of nutrients? 😕

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like what you see when you get a warm dry environment and to much light.

You dont have a fan on them do you?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I can’t.. 😕 too small the tent
Of they are at the too then i am wrong avout the lights and just goes to show i should have asked a few more questions.

How far from the tops of the plant is the light?

How much of what nutrients are you giving them and how often?

I feel a bit foolish now lol. I always say light stress or any symptom can be from different root causes and yet i just assumed… sorry for that i have just ran into that exact root cause many many times recently

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just switched off the ‘Boom’ button, it seems less intense the light and less warm now. I’ll wait a few days by the meantime and hope for the best 🤞
How deep is the soil? I cant tell with the hydroton on top?

A

asbrg

How deep is the soil? I cant tell with the hydroton on top?
Of they are at the too then i am wrong avout the lights and just goes to show i should have asked a few more questions.

How far from the tops of the plant is the light?

How much of what nutrients are you giving them and how often?

I feel a bit foolish now lol. I always say light stress or any symptom can be from different root causes and yet i just assumed… sorry for that i have just ran into that exact root cause many many times recently
im following the nutrients dosage as mentioned on the guide attached. The soil is about 5inch deep. Plants are about 90cm distance from light

DB4159AA 7B85 4CEE BDE7 6993F457D0B7
55415E7D 87E0 4A01 ACD9 04EF6A88A6C2
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Some of these cocobricks are heavily polluted with seasalt which in turn can make your plant wilt and not absorb the right nutrients. Some of the leaftip necrosis looks like it (Na toxicity)

Also, claypebbles often come unwashed and way too alkaline. Both could lead to a situation where Mg and other minerals can't be absorbed much anymore.

One way to find out is check pH & EC of slurry of your materials in distilled water

A

asbrg

Some of these cocobricks are heavily polluted with seasalt which in turn can make your plant wilt and not absorb the right nutrients. Some of the leaftip necrosis looks like it (Na toxicity)

Also, claypebbles often come unwashed and way too alkaline. Both could lead to a situation where Mg and other minerals can't be absorbed much anymore.

One way to find out is check pH & EC of slurry of your materials in distilled water
Aww damn, never heard that before I appreciate bro. I’ll check that later as well, cheers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In headed out @N1ghtL1ght may be on to something. I feel like more than one cause here and personally id pull the hydroton out and fill with the soil. Layering media can cause issues

Top Bottom