What’s going on with this plant?

• Thread starter LEDNOOB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDNOOB

LEDNOOB

I’m on day 22, I have 4 Girls started from seed.
I have topped two of the plants and this is how they are progressing -
Whats going on with this plant
Whats going on with this plant 2

They seem to be doing ok?
Then there was two which I think I overwatered to begin with which started then off abit well, strange... one of them seems to be catching up, but the other... the top part of the plant is a single node with one leaf, and underneath that is where the new growth is forming ? It’s hard to show in a picture but this is the best I can show :

Whats going on with this plant 3
Whats going on with this plant 4
Whats going on with this plant 5

has anyone come across this? What should I do? I was thinking to top the plant below this ? But this is my first grow and I just wondered if anyone can enlighten me as to what’s happened and why or what to do from here ?

TIA

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Are there drainage holes in the bottom off those pots?

The soil looks dry

They sitting on a cold floor?
People are going to need more info..lmfao!

Soil brand
Temps
Humidity
Watering frequency
Fertilizers used and how much how often...EC or ppm
Lol

LEDNOOB

LEDNOOB

Are there drainage holes in the bottom off those pots?

The soil looks dry

They sitting on a cold floor?
People are going to need more info..lmfao!

Soil brand
Temps
Humidity
Watering frequency
Fertilizers used and how much how often...EC or ppm
Lol

Erm, mediums biobizz light mix, pots have drainage holes yes- I’ll be transplanting them into smart pots next week and using biobizz all mix for that, the temps are 24 lights on 21 lights off. Humidity is 65% I haven’t used any fertilisers as of yet. I’m holding out a day or two to water, soil isn’t too close to being dried out yet and I overwatered last watering which lead to some mould on the top soil on the two plants that are slightly behind - one of which is the one with the strange top. But I removed the mould a topdressed with again biobizz lightmix. Ph was 6.85 last watering.

It’s as if the plant has topped itself or started growing from two sites underneath the top of the plant, which is 1 node/leaf. Somebody said unsymmetrical nodes could be the sign of a male plant so just wondered if anyone has had plants do this before ? The seeds where feminised ?
I am completely novice in all regards to growing this being my first grow... just wondered if it’s anything to worry about? Or if I should be doing anything to correct it?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Erm, mediums biobizz light mix, pots have drainage holes yes- I’ll be transplanting them into smart pots next week and using biobizz all mix for that, the temps are 24 lights on 21 lights off. Humidity is 65% I haven’t used any fertilisers as of yet. I’m holding out a day or two to water, soil isn’t too close to being dried out yet and I overwatered last watering which lead to some mould on the top soil on the two plants that are slightly behind - one of which is the one with the strange top. But I removed the mould a topdressed with again biobizz lightmix. Ph was 6.85 last watering.

It’s as if the plant has topped itself or started growing from two sites underneath the top of the plant, which is 1 node/leaf. Somebody said unsymmetrical nodes could be the sign of a male plant so just wondered if anyone has had plants do this before ? The seeds where feminised ?
I am completely novice in all regards to growing this being my first grow... just wondered if it’s anything to worry about? Or if I should be doing anything to correct it?

The odd top it looks like a trifoliate! Leave it dont correct it. I have seen them before, a few times... it being fem'd, not sure if that has to do with it...most likely not...and if it starts growing male flowers as some fem'd plants do it shoukd still flower female so no worries. Thats what i've heard people say anyways. I had a male fem, tnrew it, wish i hadnt

LEDNOOB

LEDNOOB

The odd top it looks like a trifoliate! Leave it dont correct it. I have seen them before, a few times... it being fem'd, not sure if that has to do with it...most likely not...and if it starts growing male flowers as some fem'd plants do it shoukd still flower female so no worries. Thats what i've heard people say anyways. I had a male fem, tnrew it, wish i hadnt
Have had a little read up on trifoliate and there’s some interesting stuff about all the mutations online. They seem to turn out pretty cool in most cases. I’ll keep updated with a few pics on here once it’s grown some

LEDNOOB

LEDNOOB

I have a better picture here, where the arrow is is where the top of the plant was originally and you can now see there are three separate parts branching off then also the plant has separated itself into two main parts as if it’s been topped 🤷🏻‍♂️ I wonder what’s going to happen from here 🤷🏻‍♂️
381070A9 47B3 45A0 B706 E829D6BC1FD7

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Incinerate those plants right now, before it spreads! AIEEEE!

No, wait. They look OK to me. Hold off on the incineration, until you dry and cure. Then, consider incinerating it in small batches at a time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom