What’s the longest you’ve vegged?

• Thread starter MrGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGood

MrGood

Hey farmers! My question is Just what’s the longest you’ve allowed a plant to veg?? I’m a beginner and I’ve been having my female for about 4 months in veg. I know some would say that’s too long and some wouldn’t

MrGood

MrGood

Not sure the strain but it’s a Bag seed and an indica. I’ve been practicing with LSTing and pruning so I’ve shocked her for a couple times through as I fimmed.
I was thinking of flipping her around month 5 beginning of November and have her finish by the end of December hopefully.

MrGood

MrGood

5 months? You mean weeks right? Mine were that size by week 3 and I’m no expert.
Nah boss man I mean months. My plant has been in veg for 4 months And I’m sure there’s people way past where I’m at.
I shocked my plant a few times for over a couple days and plus I transplanted a whole month past due date so It was shocked it again until it had the space.
Plus I have no knowledge of the seed itself. Literally found it smoking years ago threw it in a jar and popped it 3 years later

CF89

CF89

Yeah something isn’t right. At 5 months with a $100 light and very basic nutrients it should fill a 4x4 tent. I even seen a “red solo cup competition” thread and those guys had way bigger plants than you in a red solo cup... no offence. So yours being in too small of a pot isn’t really a reason I don’t think.

After 5 months I had 4oz of cured bud in a jar off 1 plant ready to be smoked whereas yours is still 6” tall lol. You should look into that. Or maybe try a proper seed? Can’t turn chicken shit into chicken soup. Keep us updated.

here’s mine after 6-7 weeks.

Last edited:
MrGood

MrGood

Yeah something isn’t right. At 5 months with a $100 light and very basic nutrients it should fill a 4x4 tent. I even seen a “red solo cup competition” thread and those guys had way bigger plants than you in a red solo cup... no offence. So yours being in too small of a pot isn’t really a reason I don’t think.

After 5 months I had 4oz of cured bud in a jar off 1 plant ready to be smoked whereas yours is still 6” tall lol. You should look into that. Or maybe try a proper seed? Can’t turn chicken shit into chicken soup. Keep us updated.

I never intended to turn chicken shit into chicken soup 😂 literally just a hey fuck it throw it in see if it grows and it did. Plus you can’t compare people who know what they’re doing to someone who barely started 4 months ago 🤔 I’m sure every single one of those dudes have at least 25+ grows under there belt and have mixed knowledge.
So maybe I did do some wrong but my plant is not skinny at all it’s just short and stocky because I prevent it from growing upwards at a early age. And I never claimed small pot was the issue. I stated me transplanting it late was the issue for me that he caused me to be behind in some growth PLUS my stalk is pulled to the side so my sizing doesn’t look like much but it’s honestly a almost a foot if wasn’t bent over

MrGood

MrGood

You have Lovely plants tho. I’ll get there just testing this bullshit seed and see how it goes. Not truly looking for the reward either just basic knowledge and fascination with the plant itself

CF89

CF89

That was literally my second grow. I started in April. I also had a plant the EXACT same as yours on August 24th (check the pic. Top right. The runt). At that point it was 1 month old. Now they’re 2... just to show you. And I’m no expert. This is my second grow and ive even told I’m overwatering these and got ph problems and maybe nutrient lockout. So I’m struggling too.

not talking shit or chirping ya. Just saying. Even with harsh training and LST I think you should be way further along. Just food for thought. It’s good to practice though.... just don’t let it be a 20 year lesson ya know? 5 months you should have a flower and a harvest and a cure and a new grow under your belt 👊

JerryGarcia

JerryGarcia

@MrGood
Your plant looks super healthy. Before you flower it, transplant into a much bigger pot with some good quality soil and give it a few more weeks. What kind of light do you have? My first light was a 150W HPS that I adapted from a cheap flood light like people would use to light their driveway.. Wattage = yield, so the better you can do with your lighting, the better your results are going to be.

MrGood

MrGood

That was literally my second grow. I started in April. I also had a plant the EXACT same as yours on August 24th (check the pic. Top right. The runt). At that point it was 1 month old. Now they’re 2... just to show you. And I’m no expert. This is my second grow and ive even told I’m overwatering these and got ph problems and maybe nutrient lockout. So I’m struggling too.

not talking shit or chirping ya. Just saying. Even with harsh training and LST I think you should be way further along. Just food for thought. It’s good to practice though.... just don’t let it be a 20 year lesson ya know? 5 months you should have a flower and a harvest and a cure and a new grow under your belt 👊

Oh of course no judgement here I’m looking to better myself. I’d never get mad for someone trying to help. I appreciate you taking the time out and discussing differences

MrGood

MrGood

@MrGood
Your plant looks super healthy. Before you flower it, transplant into a much bigger pot with some good quality soil and give it a few more weeks. What kind of light do you have? My first light was a 150W HPS that I adapted from a cheap flood light like people would use to light their driveway.. Wattage = yield, so the better you can do with your lighting, the better your results are going to be.
I’m using a 1000w bloomspect and fox farm soils. Currently in a 3 gallon pot and was thinking of transplanting to a 5 gallon in the next 2 weeks after she recovers from being fim’ed

Top Bottom