What’s wrong w. Her?

• Thread starter Livegreen31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Livegreen31

Livegreen31

Hey guys - having a hard time diagnosing this sick plant. Anyone have any ideas? Her leaves are curling down and she’s starting to get some yellow growth on lower leaves. I gave her cal/mag today. I have not given it any nutes besides that. The PH is 6.1-6.3. Thanks.

Whats wrong w her
Whats wrong w her 2
Whats wrong w her 3
Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

How often have you been watering? Looks like it's slightly over watered to me. Maybe lacking a little N P and K looking through all your pictures. If the soil is wet let it dry, they'll go another couple of days. If not give them a good feed of nutes.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
either to dry or to wet,
maybe too humid/hot
fresh airflow? maybe a combination of all?
time to learn and how to evaluate, start with low stress stuff first..

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

It looks a bit overwatered to me. Are you watering to run-off and are you collecting the run-off or do you let the pot sit in it?

What are the night / day temps in your tent. With the cooler weather I'm starting to see more problems like this. A cold root zone will inhibit the water uptake and other functions of the plant. Could temp be a possibility as well?

What is the humidity range in your tent?

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

It looks a bit overwatered to me. Are you watering to run-off and are you collecting the run-off or do you let the pot sit in it?

What are the night / day temps in your tent. With the cooler weather I'm starting to see more problems like this. A cold root zone will inhibit the water uptake and other functions of the plant. Could temp be a possibility as well?

I have not been watering to run off. Nighttime could be as low as 55 degrees some nights. Daytime 72-78. After reading your post ... I think the nighttime temps may be too low...

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

the humidity range is 50-60 percent. This other plant seems to struggle as well

growsince79

growsince79

I have not been watering to run off. Nighttime could be as low as 55 degrees some nights. Daytime 72-78. After reading your post ... I think the nighttime temps may be too low...
You should always water to runoff. Then wait about 4 days to water again.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

The cold at night is likely effecting the uptake of certain nutrients, calcium be one of them. Day time temps are good and I saw you post the Rh, which looks good as well. You'll definitely want to water to run-off, about 10-20%. Don't let your plant sit and soak in it. If you have racks, you can let it drip down into a pan, if not, you can collect the run-off water with a turkey baster from the pot saucer.

For now, try and find a way to bring those night temps up to 65 if you can. I have a little space heater that keeps mine warm. Bought it at Target for $15. The spots I see in the new picture you posted, do look like a calcium deficiency to me, but the temp needs to be corrected for the best results when trying to correct the issue. Its not that the soil doesn't have it, the calcium just isn't in available form right now for the roots to take it up.

Livegreen31

Livegreen31

The cold at night is likely effecting the uptake of certain nutrients, calcium be one of them. Day time temps are good and I saw you post the Rh, which looks good as well. You'll definitely want to water to run-off, about 10-20%. Don't let your plant sit and soak in it. If you have racks, you can let it drip down into a pan, if not, you can collect the run-off water with a turkey baster from the pot saucer.

For now, try and find a way to bring those night temps up to 65 if you can. I have a little space heater that keeps mine warm. Bought it at Target for $15. The spots I see in the new picture you posted, do look like a calcium deficiency to me, but the temp needs to be corrected for the best results when trying to correct the issue. Its not that the soil doesn't have it, the calcium just isn't in available form right now for the roots to take it up.
Thanks so much. I live in an environment where the colder weather just settled in. I have a small window that I have been keeping open. Outdoor temps are 50 degrees and so inside with the window open... it gets to be about 55 degrees some nights. I have been keeping the window open for fresh airflow. But I shut the window today and will keep it closed. Thanks again - much appreciated

Top Bottom