What’s wrong with my girls?? :(

• Thread starter KambleFrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Effendi

Effendi

So that is a question that only you can answer. Should you get distilled water? Sounds labor/cost intensive to me. depends on how much you actually need.

on the Cal mag question. I leave that to someone else, I do not believe Cal Mag is ever needed IF one uses a base lineup like sensei grow. If you are using an organic line-up or some other goofy recipe. than you might need supplements. Again, you have to determine that.

And yes, depending on your line up, your nutes SHOULD do everything without needing to supplement.

Learn to grow pro-actively rather than reactively. Anticipate a problem that absolutely will show up and deal with it a head of time. One should not wait until they see a problem to deal with it. Of course there will be some of that in your growing experience. After a time, you'll just KNOW that GG#4 manifests spider mites no matter what. They even come with it in seed form. :) Deal with it early or play catch up later.

:)

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

So that is a question that only you can answer. Should you get distilled water? Sounds labor/cost intensive to me. depends on how much you actually need.

on the Cal mag question. I leave that to someone else, I do not believe Cal Mag is ever needed IF one uses a base lineup like sensei grow. If you are using an organic line-up or some other goofy recipe. than you might need supplements. Again, you have to determine that.

And yes, depending on your line up, your nutes SHOULD do everything without needing to supplement.

Learn to grow pro-actively rather than reactively. Anticipate a problem that absolutely will show up and deal with it a head of time. One should not wait until they see a problem to deal with it. Of course there will be some of that in your growing experience. After a time, you'll just KNOW that GG#4 manifests spider mites no matter what. They even come with it in seed form. :) Deal with it early or play catch up later.

:)
I’m currently using the GH Flora Trio line.
From doing research I’ve come to find out that typically the minerals in tap water are significantly bigger than the root system can pull in therefor having slightly higher PPM does not necessarily mean problems as long as it’s not over 500ppm

however with that being said the calcium and magnesium provided in city water will also be harder to absorb by plants whom thrive on these specific minerals and for that reason supplementing with cal-mag is not harmful if done properly.

thank you so much for your insight, I truly appreciate the help.
I think my next grow I’ll know a lot more from this and may be able to experiment a little bit with a couple of them seeing the difference between my tap water and distilled etc. Might be good food for thought.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So there is Nothing wrong with your gals. Except way to wet.

I see fresh water on the surface, there should not have been any water added to that cup other than when the sprouted seed goes in.

You mention successive waterings, The seeds are not old enough to have ever been watered let alone more than once.

Your only obvious problem is patience. They look perfect if you let them alone.

the most you can do is nothing. and don't put anymore water on those things, they don't need any nutrients at all until you up plant them into the next size pot.

carry on.
that is not tip burn it’s from overwatering.,
rest of advice is correct also

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’m currently using the GH Flora Trio line.
From doing research I’ve come to find out that typically the minerals in tap water are significantly bigger than the root system can pull in therefor having slightly higher PPM does not necessarily mean problems as long as it’s not over 500ppm

however with that being said the calcium and magnesium provided in city water will also be harder to absorb by plants whom thrive on these specific minerals and for that reason supplementing with cal-mag is not harmful if done properly.

thank you so much for your insight, I truly appreciate the help.
I think my next grow I’ll know a lot more from this and may be able to experiment a little bit with a couple of them seeing the difference between my tap water and distilled etc. Might be good food for thought.
tap water is good for seedlings..

Effendi

Effendi

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
as for light, @Aqua Man posted this app to measure the light

Light Meter

20-30k at 18/6 for Veg

40-60k is good for a mature plant in flower on 12/12.

Top Bottom