• Thread starter IndicaBabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IndicaBabe

IndicaBabe

Whats wrong with my leaves

Whats wrong with my leaves 2
Hi all!

I need help, second time grower, outdoor growing,had a small bout with spider mites already, pretty sure I have eradicated that issue but now what the hell is going on with my leaves???!!!
I have a some holes in a couple of leaves as well.
Any advice will be so appreciated!!

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

View attachment 1131646

View attachment 1131647Hi all!

I need help, second time grower, outdoor growing,had a small bout with spider mites already, pretty sure I have eradicated that issue but now what the hell is going on with my leaves???!!!
I have a some holes in a couple of leaves as well.
Any advice will be so appreciated!!

Ponky

Ponky

Leaf miners. Or thrips or some other suckling burrowing insect. Sulphur based insecticidal soap spray. Diatomaceous Earth. And regular treatment to kill larvae. Remove badly damaged leaves.

IndicaBabe

IndicaBabe

I had a feeling that’s what it was, so frustrating!!!
Thanks guys for the help, I will treat as advised. But can anyone tell me how this happened?? Did I do something wrong? Is there something that I could have done to prevent or avoid this issue.
I am really excited to grow but this just takes the wind outta my sails!!
Thanks again

Ponky

Ponky

I had a feeling that’s what it was, so frustrating!!!
Thanks guys for the help, I will treat as advised. But can anyone tell me how this happened?? Did I do something wrong? Is there something that I could have done to prevent or avoid this issue.
I am really excited to grow but this just takes the wind outta my sails!!
Thanks again
Bugs are normal. I spray my plants once a week. Until the 3rd week of flower.

IndicaBabe

IndicaBabe

Bugs are normal. I spray my plants once a week. Until the 3rd week of flower.
Hey, could you tell me what you spray with??
Is it fairly inexpensive and available in Canada???
I appreciate the help, on top of this issue, I’m dealing with nute burn, I made the terrible novice mistake of thinking they needed it and I fed them! I will not make that mistake again, I guess atleast I’m learning.....

Ponky

Ponky

Hey, could you tell me what you spray with??
Is it fairly inexpensive and available in Canada???
I appreciate the help, on top of this issue, I’m dealing with nute burn, I made the terrible novice mistake of thinking they needed it and I fed them! I will not make that mistake again, I guess atleast I’m learning.....
Well canada is limited. People use ornamental sprays and they shouldn't. There is a mild spray I use that the plants like. buy this anywhere.

https://www.flyingskull.net/Flying-Skull-Rx12-8-oz.html then there is this stuff. Little harder to get.

You should also look for and get a dust applicator tool for it.

If the Safers stuff doesn't do it. Nuke em. Don't use any of the stuff they use for golf courses and rose gardens.

If you have a CO2 system in a sealed room you can run at 10 000 ppm for an hour and most of the bugs should be dead.

When you spray Safers really soak it top to bottom. Undersides too.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

looks just like some veggie plants i just killed,look on back of leaves and if you see a cluster of tan specks that look like sand,get your loupe out and i bet you find cabbage aphids,the rain has been relentless this year at my place and the soil is soaked,the best envorment for them

IndicaBabe

IndicaBabe

Well canada is limited. People use ornamental sprays and they shouldn't. There is a mild spray I use that the plants like. buy this anywhere.

https://www.flyingskull.net/Flying-Skull-Rx12-8-oz.html then there is this stuff. Little harder to get.

You should also look for and get a dust applicator tool for it.

If the Safers stuff doesn't do it. Nuke em. Don't use any of the stuff they use for golf courses and rose gardens.

If you have a CO2 system in a sealed room you can run at 10 000 ppm for an hour and most of the bugs should be dead.

When you spray Safers really soak it top to bottom. Undersides too.
Oh wow!! What I asked and more!! Thank you
I actually have already done the diatomaceous earth a week ago, I also had spider mites lol .... this has been a lot lol
I left it on for 5 days then rinsed that’s when I noticed the damage was worse and sure that I have eradicated the spider mites so I was sure it was something different.
I’ll get that spray.... from Amazon said I’ll get it in a week and continue with the diatomaceous earth and cross my fingers!
Can’t thank you enough! First time on a forum, this is really great!

Ponky

Ponky

Oh wow!! What I asked and more!! Thank you
I actually have already done the diatomaceous earth a week ago, I also had spider mites lol .... this has been a lot lol
I left it on for 5 days then rinsed that’s when I noticed the damage was worse and sure that I have eradicated the spider mites so I was sure it was something different.
I’ll get that spray.... from Amazon said I’ll get it in a week and continue with the diatomaceous earth and cross my fingers!
Can’t thank you enough! First time on a forum, this is really great!
The diatomaceous Earth works by being very sharp and damaging to the larvae and carapace of the bugs. They dry out. So a nice thick layer on top of the soil after spraying and watering will be a good way to stop new bugs being born. It's just crushed shells. But to them it's like broken glass. All over them. It's very important that you don't allow badly damaged leaves to remain as they are now at risk of infection with fungus and bacteria. But some people swear that plants make more resin when a few bugs have suckled on them.

3 in 1 is very mild. So if you see bugs spray them down. And even when you don't (see bugs) spray once a week until about the third week of flower. Then you only spray when you have to.

Dr. Doom... its works. But leaves quite a film. But you can get it in Canada. But I am not a fan. But... it does work. It's for when the bugs are already a big problem and prevention failed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom