What’s wrong with my plant

• Thread starter Lllaadyel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lllaadyel

Hi, I’m a new grower, this is my first grow and I can’t figure out what is wrong with my plants.

I am growing indoors in a 4x8 grow tent under led lights that are about 22 inches from my plants Per the recommended specifications. I got them on Amazon and they aren’t cheap lights but weren’t really expensive either. Temperature is 70 and humidity is 65%.
My plants are whiskey Zulu auto fem seeds in soil. I mixed an organic soil (No food) with compost, coco coir and perlite and then worm castings on the bottom. They are planted in 3 gallon fabric pots.
I fed advanced nutrients ph perfect micro grow bloom for the whole veg period and then added flower fuel and bud candy to just the micro and grow. i don’t believe I used the right amounts however. I used 1 to 1.5 ml per gallon of water. I kept reading do less so I was afraid to over fertilize them.
the ph of the soil is about 7. My water is well water and pretty hard With a ph of about the same.
my plants are maybe 15 to 28 inches tall. They are stretching the last week so I’m estimating.

my Plants did great through all of the veg stage. They had pre flowers on April 15. I didnt know to write down when they were germinated. It seems like they were great one day and started to yellow overnight.
I have read so many possibilities that I am now completely confused.

I thought perhaps my lights were too close at so I did raise them to 22 inches. This didnt seem to help
2 of the plants I decided to flush and 1 I left be. This had no effect at all with the flushed plants.

the plants don’t seem to be getting terribly worse, but I would like to know the likely cause so that I can avoid this in the future. This being my first ever grow, I’m ok with not getting anything off them, i just want to learn.

thank you for reading

Whats wrong with my plant
Whats wrong with my plant 2
Whats wrong with my plant 3
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Hard to see what's going on, maybe potassium lockout. It sounds like you are giving them a lot of fertilizer on top of being in organic soil. You might be running into a buildup of nutrients in the soil causing lockout.

L

Lllaadyel

So should I just not feed them any nutrients for a while? I actually thought maybe I was under feeding them. It’s very hard to figure out what the best course of action is. I read not to feed them in organic soil for the first 4 weeks but then to feed them and also that once they flower they need the P and K. I’m really trying to learn but there seems to be a whole lot of conflicting information out there, it’s confusing.

thank you

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You need to provide balanced nutrition. Boosting P and K with the flower fuel is probably what did it. It threw off the balance. You have to provide all the nutrients all the time in balance and the plant will use what it needs. The compost is full of microorganisms that work for you providing nutrients to the plant from the organic material in the soil. I would water with water and maybe continue the fertilizer program that was working in veg or follow the manufacturers' recommendations. If you started with quality compost and EWC, you should be ok with just water.

atmosphere

atmosphere

The amount of soil versus the size of your plants is an important factor in determining if you need to add nutrients or not !
In this case I don't believe there is a shortage at all .
The problem with flushing soil is that the soil gets way too wet ! unlike in hydro growing .

And you're right , information is confusing , and even false sometimes , or just to advertise.
I just can tell you that I've done lots of research and saw lots of grows , and I believe lots of people are using to much nutrients!
These plants were on low nutrient soil and almost didnt recieve any additional nutrients at that stage
Largegallery 4254 232 105913329272bf93e77884336c3a17d267e1b4f

Last edited:
FlyinEagle

FlyinEagle

I used Pro mix BX and super soil (amazon) from Holland Farms ON.
And Happy Frog, Advanced Nutrients
micro, grow, bloom. 2nd week flower now getting big bud and bud candy mixed with hard tap water.
i also mixed half power. So using a super soil and nutes shouldnt affect your plants.
Just leave em be for awile, ive had success being a first timer by resisting the urge to do wierd internet stuff to them.😂
Let em dry out and wilt slightly. Then feed em 1000ml of water each. When you fertilize only give em 250ml around the stalk.
This is just what has worked for me.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

I used Pro mix BX and super soil (amazon) from Holland Farms ON.
And Happy Frog, Advanced Nutrients
micro, grow, bloom. 2nd week flower now getting big bud and bud candy mixed with hard tap water.
i also mixed half power. So using a super soil and nutes shouldnt affect your plants.
Just leave em be for awile, ive had success being a first timer by resisting the urge to do wierd internet stuff to them.😂
Let em dry out and wilt slightly. Then feed em 1000ml of water each. When you fertilize only give em 250ml around the stalk.
This is just what has worked for me.
You should water the whole plant. Not just going in a circle around the stalk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom