What’s wrong with my seedlings

• Thread starter Jincho_860
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jincho_860

Jincho_860

Hi guys I’m new to growing and my seedlings don’t seem to happy they one seedling as a dark spot on leaf they are saying I’m overwatering now I got a fan close to them and it seems like it’s drying soil on top my roots look smaller and not as clean what should I do?

Whats wrong with my seedlings
Whats wrong with my seedlings 2
Whats wrong with my seedlings 3
Whats wrong with my seedlings 4
Whats wrong with my seedlings 5
Whats wrong with my seedlings 6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi guys I’m new to growing and my seedlings don’t seem to happy they one seedling as a dark spot on leaf they are saying I’m overwatering now I got a fan close to them and it seems like it’s drying soil on top my roots look smaller and not as clean what should I do?
Can you explain the whole setup including the water temps, air temps and humidity. Light distance etc... Everything you can. But yeah they look over watered and you definitely have some root issues likely because of that

Jincho_860

Jincho_860

Can you explain the whole setup including the water temps, air temps and humidity. Light distance etc... Everything you can. But yeah they look over watered and you definitely have some root issues likely because of that
Ok it’s a 2x2 area for seedlings the temp is at 70 right now and humidity at 40% the light distance is 6 to 8 inches away from the plant and I hadn’t check the water temps I just use tap water I put a whole pic of my seedling setup

166396B4 2DED 4E7A 8E9A E6B27BF7EF08
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok it’s a 2x2 area for seedlings the temp is at 70 right now and humidity at 40% the light distance is 6 to 8 inches away from the plant and I hadn’t check the water temps I just use tap water I put a whole pic of my seedling setup
Yeah I would say over watered. But when you see roots out the bottom it's time to transplant. With seedlings it's not uncommon to only need to water once a week. I would say a combination of over watered and low humidity, possibly the cooler temps are not helping

just my opinion

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Raise the light a bit and transplant. I would suggest getting your containers ready and thoroughly watering them. Then let then sit for 24 hrs before transplanting in order to allow drainage. After that you more than likely at least a week until needing to water.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey jinco , yea aqua is right , i might add that i would throw your starter kit , tray in the garbage , when seedlings or seeds sprout , they send out a taproot that likes to dive down deep , like 6 inches , so you cramped them up from the start causing unnessary stress and possibly the loss of expensive seeds , also dont aim that fan on the plants like your doing , the t 5 light rig you have is great for starters , but raise it up like aqua said , and when you do your transplant make sure your solo cups or whatever cup you use has plenty of drainage holes and add some perlite to the mix , they should snap back into shape in 8 to 10 days ....

Might be tricky getting them out of that styrofoam , be careful , maybe use a plastic spoon ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey jinco , yea aqua is right , i might add that i would throw your starter kit , tray in the garbage , when seedlings or seeds sprout , they send out a taproot that likes to dive down deep , like 6 inches , so you cramped them up from the start causing unnessary stress and possibly the loss of expensive seeds , also dont aim that fan on the plants like your doing , the t 5 light rig you have is great for starters , but raise it up like aqua said , and when you do your transplant make sure your solo cups or whatever cup you use has plenty of drainage holes anf add some perlite to thr mix , they should snap back into shape in 8 to 10 days ....

Might be tricky getting them out of yhat styrofoam , be careful , maybe use a plastic spoon ?
Good call on that fan it's to direct and in lower humidity will also cause issues without an established root system.

A bit of indirect airflow is plenty

Jincho_860

Jincho_860

Hey jinco , yea aqua is right , i might add that i would throw your starter kit , tray in the garbage , when seedlings or seeds sprout , they send out a taproot that likes to dive down deep , like 6 inches , so you cramped them up from the start causing unnessary stress and possibly the loss of expensive seeds , also dont aim that fan on the plants like your doing , the t 5 light rig you have is great for starters , but raise it up like aqua said , and when you do your transplant make sure your solo cups or whatever cup you use has plenty of drainage holes and add some perlite to the mix , they should snap back into shape in 8 to 10 days ....

Might be tricky getting them out of that styrofoam , be careful , maybe use a plastic spoon ?
Hey what’s up dire yeah I just transplanted them the roots were sticking too styrofoam we live and learn bro lol I realize once u see roots you have to transplant next tile I’ll start them in a bigger cup so like that I’ll go from the cup to my buckets in hydro I’m going to water less as wel hopefully they will be fine after a week

Jincho_860

Jincho_860

Good call on that fan it's to direct and in lower humidity will also cause issues without an established root system.

A bit of indirect airflow is plenty
I’m going to move fan and light higher hopefully they will pull thru I already transplanted them to their own cup thanks for the advice

Jincho_860

Jincho_860

I moved the fan and light higher does this look better ?

CA473A5B B82D 4B74 98E7 53E2D43B947E

Latest posts

Top Bottom