What’s your experience plucking balls from hermies during early flower?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Absolutely the best way to learn 👍 Seedy weed is so disgusting though.
Not if there’s only a few seeds. Ya know, I was told Dobsonian telescopes were horrible for trying to get photos through...”don’t waste your time” and all that, but with a little attention to detail and some creativity it could be done. I ended up with some awesome photos of Jupiter’s “the Big Red Spot” along with the moons, Saturn in all its ringed glory with Cassini‘s division clearly visible, Mars with polar caps visible. This was all before tracking devices on motorized dob mounts and astrocams etc...I’m just saying, the best way to learn for anyone is to do it for themselves because that’s how we discover new things. Question everything, and everyone.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Not if there’s only a few seeds. Ya know, I was told Dobsonian telescopes were horrible for trying to get photos through...”don’t waste your time” and all that, but with a little attention to detail and some creativity it could be done. I ended up with some awesome photos of Jupiter’s “the Big Red Spot” along with the moons, Saturn in all its ringed glory with Cassini‘s division clearly visible, Mars with polar caps visible. This was all before tracking devices on motorized dob mounts and astrocams etc...I’m just saying, the best way to learn for anyone is to do it for themselves because that’s how we discover new things. Question everything, and everyone.
I am in complete agreement. But there are accepted standards for reasons. Understand the reasons first, then feel free to change them.

growsince79

growsince79

Damn that’s a good point lol.
Thats pretty much the point everyone on this thread was making. You could get lucky but you probably wont.
This one made a few balls early on then changed her mind and was all girl.

grnmtn

grnmtn

If everyone thought that, most modern strains wouldn't exist. Without the hermaphrodite thai strains, we would all be smoking mids today.
You are confusing professional breeders with amateurs. Lines need to be worked on and not just done by accident to get viable strains. Nice try though.

Dothraki

Dothraki

You are confusing professional breeders with amateurs. Lines need to be worked on and not just done by accident to get viable strains. Nice try though.
I thought most known strains were all clones...which were accidentals, or random bagseed like OG Kush, Sour Diesel, the random seedling that became Strawberry Cough etc,

growsince79

growsince79

Half the store bought seeds nowadays are unstable, untested crap. Plant 10 seeds and get 8 different phenos. Why is it my amateur seeds are as good or better than any of the store bought seeds I get? Just lucky I guess. But still I keep buying seeds and hoping for something better.

growsince79

growsince79

Damn that’s a chunker! Did the balls just never come back after you plucked them off?
It was just a couple preflower balls. Once it started making pistils, no more balls. Just lucky; if it had kept making them, I would have tossed it.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

Absolutely the best way to learn 👍 Seedy weed is so disgusting though.
Nothing like having the bowl explode in your face like a cherry bomb when you're mid-toke to make you feel alive 💥 ahhh to be young again

Latest posts

Top Bottom