What’s your experience plucking balls from hermies during early flower?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Wow, this thread took on a life of its own.

It's pretty clear the OP wants to see what happens with this hermie. He's been informed of the risks and still wants to try. I say, have at it and good luck.
Yeah the balls haven’t grown back yet. I’m not worried about a few seeded buds, as long as they aren’t all seeded to full capacity. Thats the trick I suppose, catching all of them and with a little bit of luck, might get a few seeds but can still turn out some good bud on the plant. If it gets crazy where they start popping out every other day I will grab the axe. Today should be a good indicator of what to expect. Once lights on I’ll look it over. If none grew back I still see potential. But if a bunch grew back, i‘m calling Babe.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Sounds like you just want someone else to talk you into keeping the plant. Long story short, you have a genetic hermaphrodite. It's genetic coding will tell it to produce male flowers. It will keep doing it no matter how many you pluck off. Keep in mind, plucking off flowers creates a stress response, which will enhance its notion to produce male flowers. All it takes is 1 male flower to ruin a crop. That being said it seems you have your mind made up, good luck to you. When your joints pop and taste weird, you'll know why

growsince79

growsince79

Sounds like you just want someone else to talk you into keeping the plant. Long story short, you have a genetic hermaphrodite. It's genetic coding will tell it to produce male flowers. It will keep doing it no matter how many you pluck off. Keep in mind, plucking off flowers creates a stress response, which will enhance its notion to produce male flowers. All it takes is 1 male flower to ruin a crop. That being said it seems you have your mind made up, good luck to you. When your joints pop and taste weird, you'll know why
1) One flower isn't enough to ruin a crop- even in the same tent. In another tent at the other end of the house; pretty safe.
2) However unlikely, it is totally possible the plant will never make another ball. It happens more than you think.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Here’s something new...no new balls visible...but do have a couple, what appear to be calyx without pistils. Is this a new Hermie trait on the plant?

7EB8755C A8CA 4A67 91C2 3C87E4706E8A
BBD5B2B9 4327 4BDA A843 13BA79E13829

it’s on a tiny forming bud, lower popcorn bud.

Dothraki

Dothraki

This started as a herm bagseed.. came out great as my first grow .. soo Im biase but i say dont count em out unless they become overwhelming to keep the female parts
Hell yeah! My Hermie that I kept alive is about to be harvested in a few days. As far as I can tell all signs point to no seeds.

jamk911

jamk911

Thats some good looking bagseed.
Lol right.. everyone on these forums told me it was a waste of my time and i needed to spend tons on seedbank seeds... but im too cheap lol.. it came out nice and in the meantime i found a guy who sells really good genes ( purple kush, la confidential, amnesia autos, etc) for a buck a seed lol.. they are not femenized which i guess could be an issue .. but I just plant double what I need for my space and usually end up w half female.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Hey it turns out you were wrong. The balls did not keep growing back, the bud is not seeded, and it might be the best shit I’ve smoked in 10 years. Glad I kept it.

Here‘s the Hermie bud...NO SEEDS!
4ECD0D7C CCD5 47C1 A358 CF30FE3C3677

T

TWM

Yeah it appears this strain is very known to Herm...along with others from this breeder. Maybe it’s not the case if grown outdoors in Humboldt county. I’m also looking at other grow diaries from the same breeder and seems a lot of Hermies coming from them. Maybe their breeding program is not ideal, or maybe the stuff is so fire they don’t care. This strain was bred from Trainwreck and from what I’ve read it’s prone to herm. According to the breeder reducing light hours gradually to 12/12 should help. Like 15min -30min per day. I’ll try it if I grow it out again, which I will because Its supposedly a fantastic strain.
Day 52 of flower Bruce Banner, while looking at killer bud, I found seeds in some buds? What to do?
Bb
Bb
Bb1

T

TWM

How many weeks into flower are you? That sucks you got seeds but hopefully it’s not completely full of seeds, just use a grinder when smoking and the seeds will fall out.
7 weeks 4 days into flower (53 DAYS), not full, but seems that I am seeing more today
SEED
SEED

green bastard

green bastard

Really depemds on how bad it is alot of cookie crosses or cherry pie will do it most of the tine if its only a few i pluck them but that also means this plant ajould never be bred with noatter how goid it is but if its really bad plants go to the compist pile

T

TWM

Really depemds on how bad it is alot of cookie crosses or cherry pie will do it most of the tine if its only a few i pluck them but that also means this plant ajould never be bred with noatter how goid it is but if its really bad plants go to the compist pile
I have plucked about a dozen seeds off entire plant at this point, but at almost 8 weeks flower not willing to toss plant.

DanC520

DanC520

Pulling out seeds won’t do anything. Either you get to the pollen sacks (balls) in time or you get seeds. Can pluck nanners, but they’re just the open part of a sack, so prolly released w/e pollen they got already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom