What’s your take on my babies?

• Thread starter PhishPhan92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PhishPhan92

I decided to try growing my own buds. I have White Widow (2 plants) that I grew from seeds which came from a reputable seller. I started them indoors but as soon as they started getting some leaves I decided to start acclimating them to sunlight. They’ve been outdoors now for about two weeks in a little green house I built. The leaves are curling and the edges are turning brown and yellow/whitish spots are growing in the middle of the leaves. I’m doing all organic. I started them in happy frog soil and transplanted them a few days ago into 15 gallon fabric pots with 1 part happy frog and 1 part ocean forest. Attached are some pics showing my disastrous attempt lol. I’m unsure of what is actually going on because the net is full of contradictory info. I haven’t fertilized with the exception of using seaweed extract when they were still seedlings. I believe it to be a watering issue or temperature issue. Sometimes the greenhouse reaches temps of 100+degrees

Whats your take on my babies
Whats your take on my babies 2
Whats your take on my babies 3
Whats your take on my babies 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I decided to try growing my own buds. I have White Widow (2 plants) that I grew from seeds which came from a reputable seller. I started them indoors but as soon as they started getting some leaves I decided to start acclimating them to sunlight. They’ve been outdoors now for about two weeks in a little green house I built. The leaves are curling and the edges are turning brown and yellow/whitish spots are growing in the middle of the leaves. I’m doing all organic. I started them in happy frog soil and transplanted them a few days ago into 15 gallon fabric pots with 1 part happy frog and 1 part ocean forest. Attached are some pics showing my disastrous attempt lol. I’m unsure of what is actually going on because the net is full of contradictory info. I haven’t fertilized with the exception of using seaweed extract when they were still seedlings. I believe it to be a watering issue or temperature issue. Sometimes the greenhouse reaches temps of 100+degrees
you should be fine..
yes careful watering as in too frequently and definitely don’t want 100 degree temps..

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd say give them a good soaking. Looks like you keeping them to dry. These plants look hungry
move them outside / out of the greenhouse into full sun all day. See how they look in a week.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'd say give them a good soaking. Looks like you keeping them to dry. These plants look hungry
, move them outside / out of the greenhouse into full sun all day. See how they look in a week.
do you not look at the pictures and read the information??
they do not need a soaking!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Sure do Nick. I see what they are planted in and if you look at the media, its bone dry.
Maybe you should take a good look.

It's obvious that the nutrients in the pre loaded soil are not been doing anything yet.
These plants are 1/2 cooked. Under fed and way to dry. Just maybe he should do something about that.
Just maybe the plants will pick up with a little kick and the Pre loaded mix will start producing feed once it's watered properly.

Nick. I should remind you that this is an open forum.
I don't know who you think you are Nick but having a staff sticker under your name does not mean your the only one with a valid opinion around here.
I read what the man posted, looked at the picture and told him what I'd do if these where my plants. Beyond that it's up to the op what he thinks is best for his plants.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Sure do Nick. I see what they are planted in and if you look at the media, its bone dry.
Maybe you should take a good look.

It's obvious that the nutrients in the pre loaded soil are not been doing anything yet.
These plants are 1/2 cooked. Under fed and way to dry. Just maybe he should do something about that.
Just maybe the plants will pick up with a little kick and the Pre loaded mix will start producing feed once it's watered properly.

Nick. I should remind you that this is an open forum.
I don't know who you think you are Nick but having a staff sticker under your name does not mean your the only one with a valid opinion around here.
I read what the man posted, looked at the picture and told him what I'd do if these were my plants. Beyond that it's up to the op what he thinks is best for his plants.
geez Ron,
my validation is my grows as i post weekly updates of everything i’m doing with pictures and videos right up till drying and curing..
also it’s the people i help with their grows until the grow is finished properly..
i do this as i know what i’m doing but i don’t have to see pictures of your grows because i know there’s issues at the end.. you only have posted plants in veg..
never any buds, just from a distance with you sitting in a chair holding a couple branches, by the looks of it small, airey and leafy looking..
build your soil! hahaha..
more like how to build a soil full of heavy metals!..
than use promix 12-6-6,
than use promix 5-15-5 till finish..
and this is the advice you give people,
this is not even close to being correct..
you would do better growing in the ground and just watering when needed..

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Well hello Phish Phan...... ;)

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
What part of the US, or what country are you growing these things in? It’s kind of important to know the environment that you are dealing with. That soil should support plants of that size if you can get them to start eating regularly. Probably a watering issue.

P

PhishPhan92

What part of the US, or what country are you growing these things in? It’s kind of important to know the environment that you are dealing with. That soil should support plants of that size if you can get them to start eating regularly. Probably a watering issue.
Let's just say that I'm over by Michigan but not quite that north. I'm not in the greatest state to be trying it out but I'm determined to make this happen :)

P

PhishPhan92

I want to thank you all for chiming in. I appreciate any and all advice I can get. I don't think we need to be arguing over any of it though. My plan is to read all the advice being offered and see if any of it overlaps. Whatever advise gets repeated the most I will probably try out. If the advice is not repeated, I'll still keep it in mind for consideration

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
As in eaten up by a bug? I agree. I'm trying to maintain an organic grow and not use harmful chemicals. I've been spraying them down with neem oil once a week. If you have any advice for bug control please share
Agromagen. To keep it organic. It looks like a bug ate it yes.

Madbud

Madbud

Overwatered, the soil is primarily peat. Get some air flow under the bag, crushed stone will stay wet. Black bags will heat up to 140°+ on a hot sunny day so try to shade the bag. Good luck, outdoors is no picnic, with bugs and mold you’ll need organic treatments like neem and spinosad in veg.

N

Natep

Growing out door is tough. Each environment brings different challenges. As for the 100 degree green house that will be though to over come. The ocean Forrest can be a bit hot at times. I would look into adding some aloe fpj. It will help them develop a better root system and will help the soil to hold moisture better. Did you add microrizan? This will also help bring micro organisms into your soil that will help create a symbiotic relationship with the soil roots and Mycelium. Check out Korean natural farming and no till. Save you a fortune on nutrients.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Your soil should have enough in it already to hold them over for a month or more. You have to get the watering down. It’s just horse sense. If your humidity is above 60%, most of the time, your pots will take longer to dry out. Get down below 40 towards 30 and you can knock off a few days. You can’t be afraid to let them dry back to the point of starting to show it. Then you dump some water on them and they’re happy within an hour. If you keep those routes constantly wet, they never get happy. And I like that you put a good amount of perlite in there. That will help. but work on the watering. And you are in PM country, so keep your eyes peeled! and, like was said, above, and elevate the pots, so you get some airflow underneath also. Doesn’t have to be anything elaborate. A couple of sticks or one by ones just to get the pot up off the ground.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

geez Ron,
my validation is my grows as i post weekly updates of everything i’m doing with pictures and videos right up till drying and curing..
also it’s the people i help with their grows until the grow is finished properly..
i do this as i know what i’m doing but i don’t have to see pictures of your grows because i know there’s issues at the end.. you only have posted plants in veg..
never any buds, just from a distance with you sitting in a chair holding a couple branches, by the looks of it small, airey and leafy looking..
build your soil! hahaha..
more like how to build a soil full of heavy metals!..
than use promix 12-6-6,
than use promix 5-15-5 till finish..
and this is the advice you give people,
this is not even close to being correct..
you would do better growing in the ground and just watering when needed..
Sounds to me like you a legend in your own mind there Nick. I'm fine with any advice I'm offering in the forum. It's a lot better than most of the crap I see posed and that goes for some stuff Ive seen you post but I'm not on here telling you that you don't know what your talking about or busting on your grows am I. Not everyone wants to spend $100 a bag for Fox Farm with bat shit and seaweed extract. Such stupidity leaves me shaking my head. Really!

Whats wrong with garden soil and good old Promix 12-6-6. It's really good fertilizer for 12.99 a jug not $50. I flower 4 plants a year and average 10 lbs of very fine bud. Maybe you should come back down to earth with the rest of us normal people try it and see. Like I said your welcome to your opinion Nick but telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. Your way out of line mister and you no it, As far as your opinion about my grows well you can take your opinion and stuff it where the sun don't shine I could really care less what you think.

P

PhishPhan92

Growing out door is tough. Each environment brings different challenges. As for the 100 degree green house that will be though to over come. The ocean Forrest can be a bit hot at times. I would look into adding some aloe fpj. It will help them develop a better root system and will help the soil to hold moisture better. Did you add microrizan? This will also help bring micro organisms into your soil that will help create a symbiotic relationship with the soil roots and Mycelium. Check out Korean natural farming and no till. Save you a fortune on nutrients.
I'm using RootMagic+

Latest posts

Top Bottom