What a knob I am

• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

I really thought the four plants I had going were female.Everytime I looked I swear I saw the two little pistols.Today I decided to take a few macro shots of the one clone I have that took.
After examining the photos I really think this is a male or a herm.Will you guys/gals with more experience look and tell me if I am right?Please?
Feel like a wasted effort.Man I am down in the dumps.

What a knob i am
What a knob i am 2
What a knob i am 3
What a knob i am 4
D

dooobster

Boys.

The plant in all 4 of these pictures is definitely male.
It looks healthy though, so keep trying...
Better luck next time.

L

lifecycle

funny title "what a knob i am" I nominate you for best title ever!! o well take some pollen save for some sexy bitches.

R

ReelBusy1

don't waste the male.
breed baby breed!

and don't feel bad about a bad call.
I never fully believe what I think I see until theyre really showing heavy pistols or balls in a full blown way because I've been wrong so much in the past.

I think hopeful or wishful thinking plays tricks with our eyes.
:).

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

It happen bro. They can be tricky.
Like the others said.
They look super nice.
So when you get your girl. You will be set

R

redog

now for the hypothetical ?'s

These pics were of one clone.Outside.
The parent plant has been inside (DWC) w/3 others
Are the other three ruined now?
They have been on 24 hour lighting since seed.
I just put them on 18/6 actually.
Also,since it looks like the pollen pod has broken,are the
other clones that are outside runed also?
They other two clones are from number 2 plant and are still in the root growing stage.
Save for breeding?Way too inexperienced for that.This is my first attempt at growing.

B

Badmf

A couple tips newbie; 1st, Never start with 24/7 lighting for seeds, you will get a higher ratio of females with 18/6. 2nd, Always start seeds in deep containers to also get a better ratio, 3rd,a few banana peels around the "fresh" seedling will influence females as well (ethylene gas) use very mild nutes as well as PH all water!!
You will learn as much from growing males as otherwise so even if you don't get everthing right with this one it will add to our experience. It may help to write a small diary to chart our feedings, growth etc. Don't think "You're a Knob" just 'cause you have a male, it happens. If it didn't all life would cease. :icon_dizzy:

R

redog

re:BadMF

Hey man thanks for the tips.Fact is,these are from bag seed and I have been lazy.(Depression don't ya know)

Questions still unanswered though.Are the two other clones ruined?
I have checked the four inside and I can't find any sign of gender.They have been on 18/6 only three days.Started this in mid March.
It still makes no sense why the clone showed gender.
You know it's mid July and I guess there is about 14 hours of day light right now here in the Mid Atlantic.

The other two clones are still trying to root.

For some reason I want to transplant this amle somewhere far away and see if it survives.Dumb,huh?

B

Badmf

Ruined? How would they be? Either they are male or female, the health is your call. Don't despair as one showed. If you had em under 18/6 and went straight outdoors the shorting of lite even at 14 will trigger some strains, most actually, to start bloom. In some instances this can be an advantage if you put out multiple plants and can't or don't want to tend for more than 60 days.

R

redog

re:

by ruined I mean will the pollen dust from the male turn the females to seedy buds.

G

G.F. Greens

yeah if those boys open up and you got a female around your going to end up with seeds more than likely.

B

Badmf

Either way, you win!! You get seeds!! or you remove the pollen and wet down the area so it doesn't get to your girls. This could be the start of a "new" bomb strain! I would intentionally pollenate a couple lower branches to get some ust mark em with a tie to remember which ones.

R

redog

BadMF or someone

I really would like an answr to these questions.

4 mature plants inside.DWC,now on 18/6 lighting.
Clones outside.You saw the one that all say is a male.
(The other clones have not rooted yet.Much smaller and just started some from the last two indoor plants.)

When will the known male open up and pollenate?
(Has it happened already from looking at the picture?)

Can it act on the un-rooted clones?Meaning, if any of the other cuttings are female and they haven't rooted,will they become seedy buds?

Do males have any kind of THC worthy of a buzz at harvest?

What would I have to do to a grow room if I grew out the males to harvest.Scrub it down with clorox or something?

B

Badmf

I really would like an answr to these questions.

4 mature plants inside.DWC,now on 18/6 lighting.
Clones outside.You saw the one that all say is a male.
(The other clones have not rooted yet.Much smaller and just started some from the last two indoor plants.)

When will the known male open up and pollenate?
(Has it happened already from looking at the picture?)

Can it act on the un-rooted clones?Meaning, if any of the other cuttings are female and they haven't rooted,will they become seedy buds?

Do males have any kind of THC worthy of a buzz at harvest?

What would I have to do to a grow room if I grew out the males to harvest.Scrub it down with clorox or something?

It cannot act as the unrooted clones are not in bloom cycle ..Yet!! Pollen stays viable long enough to act on them if left in the same room or even nearby. It can travel many miles so clean up if you want sesimilla. 40% bleach solution will kill any active pollen. But it is lighter than dust and only takes one to do the deed!!(to an individual stamen)
The males are a waste of time to smoke. The only folks who would do this, are some breeders trying to ascertain potency of a selectee.
Looking at the picture, it has not formed nanners or pollen sacs but it happens very quickly! Do a "search" for male flowers. Also check out GrowFAQ it will answer some questions you haven't thought of yet. Oh and the known male will open after sacs appear, they will start to split and pollen abounds!!:rasta2:

R

redog

Argggghhhh! Plant number two is a male

Getting ready to start all over.Going to do as Badmf suggested.Wish someone would have told me about the lighting issue a long time ago.

DSC04324a
DSC04328a
DSC04329a
DSC04330a
R

redog

Another huge mistake.Lesson learned.Label pots!!!!!

Plant number 4 has turned out to be male.I have one left to decide it's gender and the worst part is,the most idiotic part is that one of my clones from a plant I thought was male and destroyed I think is a female.
Maybe I should change my name to ForrestGump.
What an idiot.

Clone from number 4 plant
Number 2 clone looks female
R

Rasta311

LOL kinda off topic but every-time I see this thread I think "WTF is a knob"

Top Bottom