What Am I Doing Wrong? Basement Mix Indoor Grow.

• Thread starter sorrel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sorrel23

sorrel23

Long post under pictures...
What am i doing wrong basement mix indoor grow
What am i doing wrong basement mix indoor grow 2
What am i doing wrong basement mix indoor grow 3
What am i doing wrong basement mix indoor grow 4
What am i doing wrong basement mix indoor grow 5
What am i doing wrong basement mix indoor grow 6
2nd time growing under Gavita 1000W DE, supplementing with 1300 ppm CO2 until week 6. Room temps 75 ish. Humidity 40-60 lights on/off. Sealed room. Last round I didn't measure ppms at first. Was ph'ing to 6.0 ish every time. Using Royal Gold basement mix. In 3 gal pots. Giving nutrients every watering. Not watering to run off. Day 26 of flower I switched from House and Garden Coco A+B to Botanicare PBPB soil. I really didn't know what I was doing and was adding a lot of extras, humic, sea plex, liquid karma, cal-mag etc. Without measuring ppms. But on the lowest side of recommended feedings. I was using 8 ml gal each coco a + b and then when I switched to PBPB I used 20 ml/gal. Saw immediately what I assumed was nutrient burn. But no tip burn, newest growth was ok, it was starting on the oldest leaves and then climbing up. It was lower leaves with necrotic spots then yellowing and curling up and dying. So I bought a ppm meter, dialed back to about 1100 ppm on 700 scale. Strain was Elmer's Glue (the white x gorilla glue). I also put them up on saucers so they weren't sitting in their drained out water. Wasn't really watering to 30% run off, but then flushed the shit out of them after the "burn" happened. They limped along ok the rest of the time, not getting better or worse, until I made another stupid mistake of adding MOAB at a very low concentration. Then they looked like crispy shit again, and I harvested a week early because it was getting almost up to the tops of the buds. That was my first time growing indoor!

Anyway. This round I built tables for the trays with tilted legs and made a drainage system for all the trays with 3/4 poly so I could water them to run off. I, at the suggestion of a person who posted on here about "chronic overfeeding" dialed way way back to about 600-700 ppms. I've been using PBPB @ about 6 ml/gal and then adding about 2 ml/gal Maxicrop and Humic. Also using Drip Clean this time and last time. Now. I'm on day 12! And the same fucking problem is happening! Earlier than last cycle! There are things that I don't understand about using coco. Things about... ions? cations? Salts causing plants to not take up what they need? I figured last time I had some lockout problem because of over fertilization and that lowering the feeding would help the plants. So that's what I did. And this time I started them very cautiously and honestly thought I might have been underfeeding them. Also I haven't given them a cal-mag supplement yet so far in flower. I did in veg. And I've done two feedings so far since I flipped them, then one with just ph'ed water. Then today I saw this fucking problem again so I figured I should rule out overfeeding by flushing them so I did that. With Ph'd clearex, drip clean and 100 ml of PBPB mix. Ph'd to 6. Got a lot of run off but didn't measure it. I also know, some people say with this level of lighting, the gavitas, and the CO2 supplementation, that they could use more feeding. Also last time they had very very purple petioles, both strains, and had to me what seemed most like a Phosphorus deficiency. From the way the leaves looked, comparing it to that popular illustration of deficiencies. Or magnesium? Or potassium? But it happened so quickly, and severely, which is what I don't understand. It definitely starts on the oldest and lowest leaves. Maybe I need to calibrate my Ph pen? Maybe they're actually hungrier? Foliar them with Epsom Salt? Any insight is most welcome!!! Pic of buds is from progression of problem from last time. Close up pictures are from this time. ❤️

MW7945

MW7945

Are the leaf stems an odd color as well? I'm no expert, but using my book as a reference the only thing I could find that'd cause the leaves to do that without showing burn is a Phosphorus deficiency. Not 100% sure though.

Your post would have greatly benefited from paragraphs though ;)

Toaster79

Toaster79

Didn't bother to read through that wall of text but something really poked me in the eye. With 1300ppm of CO2 you need to raise your temps at least 10° for the plants to utilize so much CO2

sorrel23

sorrel23

So I can't edit this? I didn't realize writing so much info would be bad :/ Thanks for the tips so far.

sorrel23

sorrel23

Could this be from root rot? There's a fungus gnat issue. Got gnatrol and hydroguard bitch haven't applied yet.

MW7945

MW7945

Not really sure, I'm only on my first grow. I'm running hydroguard the entire time (i'm only 3 weeks in since planting).

Doesn't really look like root rot though. The dark spots on the leaves point to the phosphorus deficiency, but that seems like an odd thing to have at the stage you're in.

Top Bottom