What am I doing wrong? /hash

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

I bought a little hash press and have been trying to make some hash. I filter some nice trim from my trimmer through a 120 micron screen with some dry ice. I ended up with some nice sandy colored kief and a separate pile of more green kief. Under a 45 power magnifier I don't see any plant matter in the sandy stuff.. only some here and there in the sandy/greener pile.:fighting0003:

Now, I put the good stuff in the little hand press and I crank it as hard as I can. When I take it out, its the same color and just compacted some. It crumbles away pretty easy and never really is very sticky. It smokes way fast.:bong2:

So then I tried putting the press in some 170F water for 10 minutes. It darkens the little puck some but doesn't really change it.

Then I did the same thing, but after it was taken out I cranked it down alot more and this time its a browner color and a little shinier and harder.

Then I brought the heat up to about 180F for 15 minutes, and then cranked it. Now it comes out dark brown almost black and is JUST starting to get a little sticky when I handle it. (even after it cools).:volcano:

My problem with all these methods, aside from the first, is that it is hard to smoke. I have to saw off little pieces with a knife (not easy)to try and smoke it. Since the little pucks are so small and hard as fuck now after all my warm pressing, they just are a pain to break apart and don't really seem very sticky. And are DAMN sure not pliable like I've seen pictures of.

I have almost no experience with hash, only what others have put in a joint for me. I'm having this first go at it as something different instead of making cannabutter all the time with my trim. Any info or tips are appreciated.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i leave it as keif - the fresher the trim the better quality it will be (sticky too)

rolls nicely in joints and tops bongs and bowls very nicely with a tasty hashy kick

keep it in glass and enjoy

the green stuff makes great brownies

St3ve

St3ve

Maybe that's what it was.. I dried it out too much. My trim was drying out for about a month before I sifted it.

I do prefer to press it though, makes it easier to give to friends and makes it burn slower.

Thanks for your response motherlode :bong2:

R

RollingWeed

I've never tried the dry ice. Always used regular ice in a bucket with a drywall mud mixer and let sit for a couple hours before seeing what I had

O

OliveOil

Hey St3ve,
have you tried warming up your knife? A warm/hot knife should slice through your cookies really easily.

good luck

O

Oldtimer1

Sift out the kif put in baggy add enough water so it holds together when squeezed.heat the ball then work it with your hand for several minutes.repeat over and over until you have a ball of hash gradually dry it out over several days slowly.afghan style.totally dry material put in freezer ,break it up carefully when frozen then sift out your kif make your hash and enjoy.soft gooey goodness.

Top Bottom