What am I doing wrong here?

• Thread starter ClosetClouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ClosetClouds

29 degrees celcius, 55-60% humidity. Watering every other day. Top dressed with earth science worm castings, and down to earth 4-4-4 and 4-8-4 just a couple weeks ago.

What am i doing wrong here
What am i doing wrong here 2
supadoopa2

supadoopa2

What soil are you using ?
Ph of nutrient solution ?

I’ve also had upward curl from overwatering

C

ClosetClouds

What soil are you using ?
Ph of nutrient solution ?

I’ve also had upward curl from overwatering
I’ve been using fox farm potting soil, and the ph of the nutrient solution is 5.7

It could be overwatering, I’m wondering if it’s heat too.

supadoopa2

supadoopa2

What light are you running ? If it’s a led the plants prefer to run in the low 80s. I run mine at 84 degrees at 75% rh
I would bump your ph up a bit. I shoot for around 6.3 when I used fox farms.
Do you water to runoff ?
Next time you are getting ready to water stick your finger a few inches into the pot. If it’s still moist wait another day

C

ClosetClouds

What light are you running ? If it’s a led the plants prefer to run in the low 80s. I run mine at 84 degrees at 75% rh
I would bump your ph up a bit. I shoot for around 6.3 when I used fox farms.
Do you water to runoff ?
Next time you are getting ready to water stick your finger a few inches into the pot. If it’s still moist wait another day
It’s an LED, it was cheap, I believe the brand is Yintatech.

I appreciate that a lot, I’ll make those adjustments!

I do typically water to runoff, I’m wondering if I’m doing it too often

PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

What did you do wrong? You listened to a pot forum about how to grow plants. People don't have these problems when they buy their fertilizer from Wal-Mart. Only when they add all the stupid weedbro shit advertised on weed forums. These problems simply don't exist with fertilizers that make sense. Cannabis is not a heavy feeder, it just wants a balanced diet. Remember everyone on weed forums misses strains from 25 years ago. Stuff that's still being grown by people who don't use forums, with Walmart fertilizer.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What did you do wrong? You listened to a pot forum about how to grow plants. People don't have these problems when they buy their fertilizer from Wal-Mart. Only when they add all the stupid weedbro shit advertised on weed forums. These problems simply don't exist with fertilizers that make sense. Cannabis is not a heavy feeder, it just wants a balanced diet. Remember everyone on weed forums misses strains from 25 years ago. Stuff that's still being grown by people who don't use forums, with Walmart fertilizer.
Your solution is to start over using cheap shit? You haven't helped this poster at all, just bitched about grow forums, as usual.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

29 degrees celcius, 55-60% humidity. Watering every other day. Top dressed with earth science worm castings, and down to earth 4-4-4 and 4-8-4 just a couple weeks ago.
Watering every other day is way too often for soil. Cannabis roots need oxygen just as much as water. Unfortunately, water and oxygen take up the same space in soil -- the space between the particles. When the soil is wet, there is very little oxygen.

Water when the soil is close to dry. Lift the pot when it's dry and lift it after a thorough watering to get the idea. You can also stick a finger in there an inch or two, or a couple of centimeters or 5. See this post for more: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/

Your humidity is a little low for those temperatures, too. Leaves are canoeing and turning upward. It looks like you've got some water in there to raise it. You might try to lower the temps a little and/or raise or turn down the lights a touch.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
From what I see the light isn't very powerful and you need to let the soil dry between watering / feeding. I also thinks you've defoliated and taken away its solar panels. I know lots of people do it but its for a confined area where there's competition for light and with one plant I'd only remove overlapping leaves over bud sites and let it suck up as much light as it could.....

If you're hooked on this grow hobby you've come to the right place for help...I'm not the guy but there are lots on here that will give you all the help you need, Check out the forums there is a lot of reading here that can get you going in the right direction.

This stuff is all good to read https://www.thcfarmer.com/whats-new/

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Looks like you're watering techniques aren't perfected yet and more experience is needed and back off on your ferts. Let them dry out and light feed,every 2 days sounds like a lot, I have chest high plants running 1k hid's,no air condition,not huge pots and I don't water them that often,perhaps buy a water meter and go with dry to moist. Good luck.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I'm starting to wonder why you even browse these forums...you sound like the most bitter, sour individual I have ever met which is kind of a waste because you seem to have a shred of intelligence hiding behind all the saltyness.

Madbud

Madbud

Serious overwatering, get some air under the bag, use a fan to dry the soil and wait at least a week to water or feed again.

R

ritoMox

From what I see the light isn't very powerful and you need to let the soil dry between watering / feeding. I also thinks you've defoliated and taken away its solar panels. I know lots of people do it but its for a confined area where there's competition for light and with one plant I'd only remove overlapping leaves over bud sites and let it suck up as much light as it could.....

If you're hooked on this grow hobby you've come to the right place for help...I'm not the guy but there are lots on here that will give you all the help you need, Check out the forums there is a lot of reading here that can get you going in the right direction.

This stuff is all good to read https://www.thcfarmer.com/whats-new/
In a soil grow, would it be better to do light watering more often rather than deep watering less often to control ph fluctuations?

growsince79

growsince79

Hydroponic nutes aren't anything new. I'm using the same stuff I used 30 years ago. It still works; for a $20 bottle I can grow many pounds. The buds are a bit different due to breeding and selection. 30 years ago I didn't want my house smelling like skunk, so I selected plants that didn't scream jail for breeding. It has nothing to do with nutes.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

In a soil grow, would it be better to do light watering more often rather than deep watering less often to control ph fluctuations?
No, water thoroughly each time and then let it get close to dry. Don't worry about any pH change from drying.

You can't keep soil at a constant moisture content. It will fluctuate. The plant evolved to deal with this fluctuation. What it can't deal with is roots without oxygen for a prolonged period.

Light watering means you aren't watering all the soil in the pot. Consider that roots will not grow into dry soil, so if part of the pot is dry, the plant will ignore it. One of the key things to remember is that roots grow towards moisture. They don't grow toward nutrients or anything else but water.

R

ritoMox

Old-school growing vs new-school growing. New-school is based on commercial (store-bought) products. This is why your knowledge conflicts with todays growing style/genetics, etc. Some of us are interested in old-school growing. Perhaps you can figure out a way to share without hating on the new school? After all, the prospect of $ for those up top is why we are seeing legalization and selling products to growers is part of how those $'s are made. ✌️

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom