What am I doing wrong.

• Thread starter Geojack48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Geojack48

Geojack48

I’ve never grown weed before and I need some advice. Come to think of it I’ve never grown anything before. Does this look right? People are saying I’m supposed to see signs of wether it’s a female or male within 5 weeks but it’s been more then two months and I still have yet to see any signs. It grew really fast at first so I moved it to a bigger pot and it seems to have slowed down almost to a complete halt. I’m not an avid grower nor do I have all the fancy equipment. This is just sunlight, soil and water. Is there something I can do to make it better? Or is it too far gone?

What am i doing wrong
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
More light brother, that's you limiting factor in this grow, unfortunately. It will make a fine clone, perhaps. You might even get 2 clones off that...

It's getting too far stretched for lack of sunlight to produce any useful buds, IMHO.

Look's pretty, makes a nice houseplant even. It's only even got 3 leave sets (unless its an auto) for lack of any use of 5>7 leaves......
I sometimes keep ones like these in the Bathroom, because the wife likes them.

Last edited:
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I’ve never grown weed before and I need some advice. Come to think of it I’ve never grown anything before. Does this look right? People are saying I’m supposed to see signs of wether it’s a female or male within 5 weeks but it’s been more then two months and I still have yet to see any signs. It grew really fast at first so I moved it to a bigger pot and it seems to have slowed down almost to a complete halt. I’m not an avid grower nor do I have all the fancy equipment. This is just sunlight, soil and water. Is there something I can do to make it better? Or is it too far gone?
Signs of male or female suggests you started a regular seed. Feminized seed is always female because the breeders keep the female genes. Auto's are supposed to automatically start flowering after 20 some days. That is why type of seed chosen is important. A regular plant is called "photoperiod". They use the amount of light to show when they are male/female. 12/12 which is 12 hours light, 12 hours dark controls when photoperiod plants start showing gender (some plants need 13 hours dark). Growers use black out tents to control when this happens or else it's how many hours sun are available where ever you are growing (like for the people using sun/ outside grows).

Your plant looks healthy. The comments about not enough light are based on the amount of space between layers of leaves. More layers of leaves = more opportunity for buds. You will get bud off of this plant if you keep growing it, just not as much as a plant that had more light. That being said if only perfect plants were kept just about nobody would finish growing a plant. Keep growing (hopefully her) and enjoy what you learn.

Top Bottom