what am i missing for nutes and other issues

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

thought i might start a diary for the various issues rookies face.

Photos
FFOF
temps and humidity are generally in line with recommendations with some fluctuations
so far fed nothing but str8 water
top dressed with ARGA CFO Vermicast for a possible thrip issue last week
ignore the white spots as i panicked and sprayed with milk mixture when i thought i might have powdery mildew
61 days in soil so i think it needs nitrogen and or potassium
the GAIA mix is 4-4-4 only gives directions for pre-mixing in the soil before planting
should i follow their instructions and mix 1 tbsp per gallon of soil, or instead of mixing in the soil just mix it in the water?
i also somehow missed this leaf on the bottom before i watered

should i wait until next water until adding nutes or should i do it now and over water the plant?
the girls still have 40+ days to veg before flipping

What am i missing for nutes and other issues
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Very possible you’ve overwatered and are experience nutrient lockout. How often are you watering?

I too grow in a 5 gallon pot, I top fill my soil with tobacco dust which is high in nitrogen and add this every other feeding until half way through flower. But I never have had to add nutes to my soil for nitrogen, only add nutes when I transition to flower. But every grow, environment and genetics are different!

Blastfact

Blastfact

5 gal pots.
i need to add nutes to the water but the plants only take 1/2 gallon max of water
just wondering how much to mix in the water
You don't mix Gaia Green into the water. You add it to the soil when you make up your pots and top dress and water in from then on out. So if I have read your post right your soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. It's referred to by many as a hot soil. But if you put good healthy seedlings in it going from say solo cups to 4 gal to 7 gal plus pots at 1 to 3 weeks old they will need some nutrients right off the bat. Ocean Forrest has a jolt of food in a oragnic way built in to the soil but depletes faster than most think as they slowly go into low nitrogen and phosphate starvation. Gaia Green is a basic organic amendment. So it really needs to go into the soil before it's needed so it can get to making the good stuff the plants need. It's not instance gratification. Same with Earth Dust and others. For help right now I would work in a 1/2 cup of worm casting with your fingers into the first inch or so of the soil add 2 tbsp of Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2 tbsp of Gaia Green 2-8-4. Your lagging bad on the nutrients. And it will only get worse from here. The worm casting will give you a fast shot of nitrogen. And water it in. A picture of the plants as a whole gives us a better over all look at whats going on. A single leaf leaves a lot to guess...

D

dean1963

You don't mix Gaia Green into the water. You add it to the soil when you make up your pots and top dress and water in from then on out. So if I have read your post right your soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. It's referred to by many as a hot soil. But if you put good healthy seedlings in it going from say solo cups to 4 gal to 7 gal plus pots at 1 to 3 weeks old they will need some nutrients right off the bat. Ocean Forrest has a jolt of food in a oragnic way built in to the soil but depletes faster than most think as they slowly go into low nitrogen and phosphate starvation. Gaia Green is a basic organic amendment. So it really needs to go into the soil before it's needed so it can get to making the good stuff the plants need. It's not instance gratification. Same with Earth Dust and others. For help right now I would work in a 1/2 cup of worm casting with your fingers into the first inch or so of the soil add 2 tbsp of Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2 tbsp of Gaia Green 2-8-4. Your lagging bad on the nutrients. And it will only get worse from here. The worm casting will give you a fast shot of nitrogen. And water it in. A picture of the plants as a whole gives us a better over all look at whats going on. A single leaf leaves a lot to guess...
thanks for the reply.
still learning a ton on here thanks to guys like you.
much appreciated

20220818 162326 HDR
D

dean1963

here's a shot of the girl. overall i'm happy, i just wanted to avoid chasing issues.
ignore the white spots on the leaves, i panicked and sprayed milk mixture when i thought i might have powdery mildew. lol

sambapati

sambapati

here's a shot of the girl. overall i'm happy, i just wanted to avoid chasing issues.
ignore the white spots on the leaves, i panicked and sprayed milk mixture when i thought i might have powdery mildew. lol
looks OK to me...I started using TerpTea on this grow and I'm impressed with how the plants have done. Are you oxygenating your water before giving it to the plant, i.e. air-stone aquarium pump for 24 hours prior? It makes a huge difference, wish I'd started doing it earlier but I have a weed-based learning problem.

D

dean1963

looks OK to me...I started using TerpTea on this grow and I'm impressed with how the plants have done. Are you oxygenating your water before giving it to the plant, i.e. air-stone aquarium pump for 24 hours prior? It makes a huge difference, wish I'd started doing it earlier but I have a weed-based learning problem.
funny you mention that, i just heard about using a bubbler yesterday and am getting one

D

dean1963

sucks having to learn things the hard way.
today i learned to shut off all fans before top dressing with GAIA.
i spent 2 hours with a new make up brush ( which i stole from my daughter) dusting off all the leaves because that shit is so fine it covered everything.
some day i'll get this all down pat. lol

Blastfact

Blastfact

sucks having to learn things the hard way.
today i learned to shut off all fans before top dressing with GAIA.
i spent 2 hours with a new make up brush ( which i stole from my daughter) dusting off all the leaves because that shit is so fine it covered everything.
some day i'll get this all down pat. lol
Don't need hurricain force wind in the grow enviroment. Just a bit of air movement,,, just a wisp of a breeze.

Top Bottom