What and how do you buds foliar feed in organics?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i put it in a cup for about 15 mins then when the insoluble part settles on the bottom i pour it into my sprayer. i carefully make sure that the frass on the bottom dont get into the sprayer. i then use the part that has settled by pouring it into my 1 gallon of water that i use to water the plants with. its really awesome stuff but using it as a foliar a little goes a long ways. i bought the 1/2 pound stuff to test out which was like 11$ on ebay but once i seen how my plants was reacting to this stuff i went st8 back to amazon and bought a 5 pound bag which will last me a long time.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i havent got a brew system yet.. this is my first year in using living soil and i bought the mix from buildasoil. what lead me to organic growing was bud rot. i started trying to find ways to prevent that shit from happening in the first place so after many hours of study and reading i kept reading threads in my searchs about how living soil would make my issues go away or be very mininal. i found posts on Gc from lumperdawgs,Clackmas Coots on Ic and Up here on the farm along with many more. they all kept saying the same thing living soil will make nearly 99% of my growing issues go away. i was a bit skeptical about that at first but as i dug deeper i started to understand it alot more. i can honestly say that im really impressed by organic growin as of now. my plants that are in the Tlo soil look alot better and are bigger then the synthetic plants im running with this so i can see which one i like the best and what has best product in the end.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For the frass, really the most you'd need is an aquarium air pump. It's very lightweight, as you already know, so it's not heavy and sludgy like worm castings. Also, since the brew time is only two hours, you don't have the same concerns with culturing anaerobic bugs as you do making traditional AACTs. Brewing the frass for two hours apparently builds up a good number of bacteria. I bet you don't even have to aerate, just let it soak.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

thats all i do now is let it soak. i went to 1 of my plots this morning and gave them their weekly Ipm spray with the frass included. i love this shit! litterly

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i love the effect that chitosan has on our ladys. i have did alot of research into chitosan after last years bout with fkn bud rot,so i learned that prevention is my best friend and what products(organic of course) i could use to stop that fkn spore. ive never had leaves that looked this healthy before

Shiney dela
MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

There is current movement concerning chitosan, but lye being an inorganic compound and the salts involved leads me to think the long term results are not positive. I recognize its worth as a biopesticide, but I have noticed mention of it relative to seed starting and I have difficulty getting behind sodium hydroxide in that context. Concerning living soil, I'm not sure how well living organisms take to salts in this form or if caustic soda isn't devastating beneficial colonies. Certain strains do thrive in alkali soils, so I think something like chitosan is a case by case situation rather than complete solution.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

There is current movement concerning chitosan, but lye being an inorganic compound and the salts involved leads me to think the long term results are not positive. I recognize its worth as a biopesticide, but I have noticed mention of it relative to seed starting and I have difficulty getting behind sodium hydroxide in that context. Concerning living soil, I'm not sure how well living organisms take to salts in this form or if caustic soda isn't devastating beneficial colonies. Certain strains do thrive in alkali soils, so I think something like chitosan is a case by case situation rather than complete solution.
i agree MJ my main focus for using chitosan is to activate the plants SAR and hopefully help prevent bud rot although i think it would best when used in combo with other SAR/ISR activators such as Salicyic Acid,Reynoutria sachalinensis,and harpin protein but this is only my opinion. i will be doing a few tests come flowering time with each of these things for Sar activation

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

i agree MJ my main focus for using chitosan is to activate the plants SAR and hopefully help prevent bud rot although i think it would best when used in combo with other SAR/ISR activators such as Salicyic Acid,Reynoutria sachalinensis,and harpin protein but this is only my opinion. i will be doing a few tests come flowering time with each of these things for Sar activation
I can get behind the willow/knotweed approach, its just that lye is funky and using it as buffer for a mix in a less agressive state might not show too much devastation. Like I said in its form to address pests its logical and usage is somewhat widespread, but I suppose the wider the spread the greater my concern.

ncga

ncga

Disclaimer
This is used on My Liscend Nursery In Mendocino on our 5K Sq Foot R&D garden. We want to provide our customers with not only good clones but our consulting services. Not offering anything for sale. I just want the reader to know the scope to put this in. Sharing my in house methods before I move it into our IP

Ancient revival but I'm stunned no update on Chitosan or Salicylic Acid. I'm playing around with these as well as Tricontinal. Working on solution strength but the best discovery on what they are best dissolved in. I'm posting since this place has been home and hope to update date the community. My Foliar is a bit more complex but will post.

EVERY FOLIAR
Agsil16 1 tea /gal
Coco Wet 5ml / gal
Optic Foliar Transport 30ml / gal

Rotating Through
True Plant Cal OSA
True Plant Canopy
Frass
Kelp4Less Extream Blend
Optic REV*
Optic Watts*

Will get a short look at
TRIACONTANOL LIQUID SOLUTION FULLY DISSOLVED 2000PPM.

*I like this late season as the direct sunlight is diminishing

SOLUTIONS
Chitosan / Water ( Still working on this )
Salicylic Acid / Isopropyl Alcohol

Moving to duplicate this

So long and short is.... 1 Litre of Scorpion Juice knock off is ( applied 40ml / gal ) ( From a Forum post here )

30 grams of Thiamine mononitrate
28.75 grams of 85% pure Chitosan 0
12.187 grams of salicylic acid 1.50
top up to 1L mark with distilled H2O

Triacontanol in the form of green Pl
Not liking to pay bottled nute price I have ordered a few options from the UK which will be applying this week. These have all been done foliar through a Sthil backpack sprayer

ALL FOLIAR APPLICATION HAVE OPTIC TRANSPORT AT 30ml / GALn Applied in the am

This along with a homemade ClearX Applied every other 500 gal tank fill. 10ml /gal application Rate

1200 G Dextrose
600 G Purecane Sugar
600 G Lemon-Lime Gatorade powder
Mixed into 5 gal water

Also applying a once a week soil drench mix in my 65 gal cone brewer
RAw Bloom Mycos
Green Grow King of Mycos
HyphaLink Nourish Complete Biological Soil & Plant Supplement
DIEHARD™ BIORUSH®
Molasses
Terra Vesco Worm liquid

So far the results of this........ I have never before seen results like this in my 25 years of Pro Cultivation. Late into full flowering the buds a piling new Calaxes and bud sites as well as bud density. No Foxtailing and density is incredible. LEaf health is amazingly good considering 3x week Foliar

Photos later

Top Bottom