What are Elite Genetics?

• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You hear this term thrown around all over the place. It really doesn't mean much to me. What does it mean to you?

outwest

sky high

sky high

Elite was a seed breeder/company who got popped. The viewpoint/opinions of him are all over the place.....but after-the-fact it seems that some of the stuff he was playin with is legendary....

or "elite"....as in elite clone-only strains.....the kind hoarded by the assholes or held close by a family of leprechans in California for 40 years.... that kinda stuff..... LOL

s h

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
or "elite"....as in elite clone-only strains.....the kind hoarded by the assholes or held close by a family of leprechans in California for 40 years.... that kinda stuff..... LOL

s h

I didn't know it was a brand name too. I was thinking more in the definition above. It's annoying to me too. Get the good genetics out there to the people, right?

outwest

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

With all the dispensaries and websites like this awesome place it's almost too easy to get your hands on these genetics. So once impossible to obtain "elite" cuts are being picked up by Everyone and his brother and they have lost their luster. Nowadays it seems " elite" genenits are found by popping lots of beans made by the badass Breeders on this site.

Chobble

Chobble

Elite was a seed breeder/company who got popped. The viewpoint/opinions of him are all over the place.....but after-the-fact it seems that some of the stuff he was playin with is legendary....

s h

Most clone only strains are pretty easy to get ahold of here in California :D I have met a family of leprechans and got there 30 year old genetics fyi, They're worth it.

Chobble

dirk d

dirk d

elite genetics, to me, are the result of decades of growers popping beans and finding the best pheno's. Of course they are going to hold those genetics close, as they should imo. Don't want every A-hole driving a ferrari do you?? and it gives you something to strive for.

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Yeah, around the forums , back in the day,he was Elite Grower. Quite a few amazing crosses came from that guy and the "elite cuts"used to make them. I still run the Twisted Purple Og. Awesome taste and smell! I frickin love it and will probably alwayz keep her around.

deep buddy

deep buddy

Well to me it means someones gonna try to charge me alot of money for it!
shit homie ive gotten all my elite cuts for free... or someone really fucked up!
but i think the term elite is mainly phenos that were selected from large selection of expressions,and they were the best.

now you muther fukers be stayin away from me pot o gold!!:):)
i gladly spread mine thats the law what you give times 3

Chobble

Chobble

I half answered the question privy.

Elites are strains that go above and beyond in there class. I've come across a strain called Purple Elephant, When I think of an "Elite" purple strain, Purple elephant and its bright purple buds and bright orange hairs, with not a spec of green to be seen (Even on the stem).

I have yet to get a cut of this purple elephant, I will find the elephant hiding in the county ;)

Now, like I said in a privy post I have some 30 somethin year old genetics that the guy specifically worked with outdoors every season, and only created crosses of the two. While These are elite genetics because of how good it is, I consider them to be an "Hierloom" strain, passed from generation to generation etc.

Chobble

nebulius

nebulius

To me elite genetics are strains that aren't a fad. I love some of the new crosses out there but I feel like quantity instead of quality is being practiced by most breeders. And it all comes back to money and marketing. Each new cross gets a new name and then can be crossed with other crosses to create a whole new cross. This goes on exponentially and I think the focus is lost.
I would rather a breeder only have a handful of strains that were developed over several grows through natural selection.

RIPP

RIPP

This is the same as Elite bitch, you hold something in your hands a bit overpriced but quite better than the rest non-elite.:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom