What are my leaves telling me.....bronze spots??

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caninobis

Caninobis

Can anyone tell me what these brown spots could be trying to tell me? I’m thinking it might be a cal/mag deficiency but not sure.

Background on the plants for reference:
Plants are about 5 weeks since birth. They were just transplanted into one gallon pots in a 50/50 mix of FFOF and FFHF about a week ago but I went a little heavy on the OF on accident so it’s probably more like 60/40. They’ve had nothing but compost tea to water them in when they were transplanted and 2 waterings of just straight 50/50 RO & Tap water with some silica added in to it. No feedings yet since transplant cause I’m waiting for them to burn up the nutes in the Medium as OF can be hot out the bag.
I will probably start them on a 1/4 nute mix on their next feeding and double up each feeding after that until we’re at full strength.

What are my leaves telling mebronze spots
What are my leaves telling mebronze spots 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
possibly a phosphorus deficiency. which could be a ph problem at the roots. maybe..

Caninobis

Caninobis

possibly a phosphorus deficiency. which could be a ph problem at the roots. maybe..
I adjust my water to 6.5 for every feeding. Could I still have a PH issue? Cause I thought it looked similar to a PH problem but I can’t see a reason why I would have one.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I adjust my water to 6.5 for every feeding. Could I still have a PH issue? Cause I thought it looked similar to a PH problem but I can’t see a reason why I would have one.
maybe not than, i think the plant will be ok and grow out of it as you feed it, etc.
phosphorus and calcium interact with each other so maybe it could use a touch more food.
make sure the soil always goes from wet to dry! healthy roots healthy plant.
wait for other reply’s from members before doing anything, some are very knowledgeable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom