What are people putting between a large 100+ gallon geo pot and the tent floor?

• Thread starter optical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
optical

optical

I have a 150 gallon geo pot with living soil liner, been tempted to abandon the idea a bunch of times in lieu of 15 gallon containers, but I feel like I should be true to what I wanted and give it a shot.

My question is in regards to raising the fabric off the direct floor? The thing is gonna weigh hundreds and hundreds of pounds so something as simple as a "pot riser" doesn't exist, that I've seen. I thought of trying to find some kind of heavy duty metal rack or something. Someone else mentioned using a flood tray and a special kind of gravel?

Putting it on a raised square grid with castors won't be possible as it's inside a tent and won't be mobile

Would love to hear or see what anybody growing in 100+ gallon pots that don't move are doing

Cheers!

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I'm growing over a cold, wintertime cement floor...my hydro rig is up on a table...chiller is on the floor. Res is up on 2x4's with a small piece of plywood...

RAYMAN628

RAYMAN628

i dont grow in 150 gallon bags but I use "subfloor" panels for my tent and my closet, can be had at home depot for very cheap.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I use a long fabric bag that holds 93 gallons of soil.
I stood 2c4s on end and made a frame, put plywood on top of the frame and added 4 more 2x4s to make a rim and line with visquene.
Should be ok just remember water weighs about 7 pounds per gallon so do your homework before you fully weigh that sucker down.

Had a guy put a 250 gallon water tank propped up on 3 cinder blocks on basically a house floor. Well the genius didn't know the tank had a small leak in the valve and guess what happened when he tried to fill it? 1,750 lbs of pressure spread out over 3 points and a little bit of moisture, that tank fell through the floor like a rock through a wet paper towel 🤠

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

I put a 160gal in my tent on a cart with casters. See the beginning of “reset and restart living soil grow” thread. I can turn and wiggle the thing around. The casters let it turn in its own space. Not easy but doable.

optical

optical

i dont grow in 150 gallon bags but I use "subfloor" panels for my tent and my closet, can be had at home depot for very cheap.

I like this idea, I was already considering using just the foam board because it might keep the root zone warmer from the cold floor!

optical

optical

I put a 160gal in my tent on a cart with casters. See the beginning of “reset and restart living soil grow” thread. I can turn and wiggle the thing around. The casters let it turn in its own space. Not easy but doable.

Oh awesome!! I definitely want to see that. I thought about the whole thing being raised on Castors but figured it'd be somewhat useless in a confined tent, and there's no way to roll it out of the tent because there's a "lip" of fabric that runs along the floor you'd have to totally trample over

Actually I don't even think you'd be able to roll it out with the poles assembled

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Oh awesome!! I definitely want to see that. I thought about the whole thing being raised on Castors but figured it'd be somewhat useless in a confined tent, and there's no way to roll it out of the tent because there's a "lip" of fabric that runs along the floor you'd have to totally trample over

Actually I don't even think you'd be able to roll it out with the poles assembled
Very true. The spin is useful so you don’t have to open the whole tent to tend to things, which is especially difficult if you have Hvac coming and going. Also I chose an oversized tent (4x8) so it can roll left and right to clean underneath it. I hope you keep posting and/or start a grow diary so we can see what you do with this. The “big bag” is an amazing way to grow inside. The living soil becomes the project and fascination, and the ganja becomes an amazing bonus.

optical

optical

Thank you, the fear of bugs overrunning my house is the last hurdle I can’t get past

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Ha. I hear you. I got whacked with bugs. I treat the flower tent like an operating room and veg gets weekly prophylactic treatment. I monitor constantly with a microscope. Spider mites are a pain, but broads and (I hear) russets are extremely difficult to get clear of. I recommend starting a weekly ipm regimen and keeping to it.

optical

optical

Shit. Any suggestions? Everyone keeps warning me about organics and bugs being a massive problem.. I might have to reconsider things

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

You can read what I do in my grow log. There is also a great post here called “what’s your pesticide” that has some different ideas. Basically you have deterrents that make the plants less desirable for bugs. These are the essential oils like neem and peppermint etc. they are sprayed on the plants, the bugs don’t like them, they go away. Then there are chemical pesticides which are formulated to kill bugs but which use questionable compounds to do so. There are biocides (which I use) which employ bacteria and fungi to destroy pests. And lastly there are predator bugs which you can buy, populate your grow, and they will wage war with any bad bugs. I’ve had limited success with the essential oils and a bad time with the predator bugs. The biocides seem to work for me. There is a bunch of info on what I do in my grow log.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

The best pest advise is “an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure. “

optical

optical

You can read what I do in my grow log. There is also a great post here called “what’s your pesticide” that has some different ideas. Basically you have deterrents that make the plants less desirable for bugs. These are the essential oils like neem and peppermint etc. they are sprayed on the plants, the bugs don’t like them, they go away. Then there are chemical pesticides which are formulated to kill bugs but which use questionable compounds to do so. There are biocides (which I use) which employ bacteria and fungi to destroy pests. And lastly there are predator bugs which you can buy, populate your grow, and they will wage war with any bad bugs. I’ve had limited success with the essential oils and a bad time with the predator bugs. The biocides seem to work for me. There is a bunch of info on what I do in my grow log.
Did the bad time with predator bugs = bugs all over your house?! That will be a definite deal breaker

Top Bottom