What are some good books to read during CV outbreak?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I don't have any that hasn't been made into a movie:)

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman. If you like him.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, if you want to have your mind continuously blown by reality. My most re-listened to Audiobook

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy', Douglas Adams - BBC radio show first, then tv series, then book, then movies. an unusual sequence.

Movies are the worst. Maybe Radio show was the best - get stoned, close your eyes and listen. Anyway, book's good too, while BBC TV series was okay.

currently, i'm (re)reading 'Richard III', Shakespeare, my favourite simple tragic hero story.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

@MIGrampaUSA Not the Stand! I can still remember the opening of that book after not reading it for 25 years. 😱

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Twilight eyes by dean koontz
Anything older by dean koontz actually, his newer stuff too mellow, like the weird factor in older stuff.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I find myself skipping pages when reading king, like the movies better, detail is good but I can only take so many pages describing sky color, etc in 1 sitting, like the meat of the books tho

Terpz719

Terpz719

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order.

The Golden Age -- Gore Vidal
Better Than Sex - HST - Hunter S Thompson
Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot -- Bruce and Andrea Leininger
Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid -- Douglas R. Hofstadter

What You Want Is in the Limo: On the Road with Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, and the Who in 1973, the Year the Sixties Died and the Modern Rock Star Was Born -- Michael Walker

Orange Sunshine: The Brotherhood of Eternal Love and Its Quest to Spread Peace, Love, and Acid to the World -- Nicholas Schou

DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences -- Rick Strassman

Doors of Perception -- Aldous Huxley
On the Road - Jack Kerouac
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thompson
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance -- Robert M. Persig
The Road Less Traveled -- M. Scott Peck
Confederacy of Dunces -- John Kennedy Toole
Welding With Children -- Tim Gautreaux
All of Walker Percy's fiction
Anything by Robert Anton Wilson, but I especially like Cosmic Trigger, Prometheus Rising and Quantum Psychology

Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions Since World War II -- William Blum
Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower -- William Blum
Sleeping With the Devil -- Robert Baer

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order.

The Golden Age -- Gore Vidal
Better Than Sex - HST - Hunter S Thompson
Soul Survivor: The Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot -- Bruce and Andrea Leininger
Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid -- Douglas R. Hofstadter

What You Want Is in the Limo: On the Road with Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, and the Who in 1973, the Year the Sixties Died and the Modern Rock Star Was Born -- Michael Walker

Orange Sunshine: The Brotherhood of Eternal Love and Its Quest to Spread Peace, Love, and Acid to the World -- Nicholas Schou

DMT: The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences -- Rick Strassman

Doors of Perception -- Aldous Huxley
On the Road - Jack Kerouac
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S Thompson
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance -- Robert M. Persig
The Road Less Traveled -- M. Scott Peck
Confederacy of Dunces -- John Kennedy Toole
Welding With Children -- Tim Gautreaux
All of Walker Percy's fiction
Anything by Robert Anton Wilson, but I especially like Cosmic Trigger, Prometheus Rising and Quantum Psychology

Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions Since World War II -- William Blum
Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower -- William Blum
Sleeping With the Devil -- Robert Baer

Great list!

Scotty2toes

Scotty2toes

Walden and Civil Disobedience

Assholes Finish First

Subtle Art of not giving a fuck

Top Bottom