What are the benefits to cutting CO2 back??

• Thread starter CHEVYBOX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CHEVYBOX

What are the benefits of cutting co2 back??

What are the benefits of cutting co2 back the last few weeks of flowering? How many of you do this and why? How many of you keep a 1500ppm till the end of flower? Does it effect yield, taste, smell, ect. ect..??
Thanks for ne and all experience?

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

I've noticed that those that overuse co2 have bud that seems a bit crispy when cured. It's a subtle difference, but obvious to the experienced.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive seen buds foxtail and larf out a bit with too much co2 late in flower

C

CHEVYBOX

If most folks cut ther co2 off late in harvest the buds will foxtail ne ways because there rooms are getting to warm with co2 off.. Thats one reason I use it so my temps can go up alittle..

Anyone know if there is any science to this tale.. I wonder if the folks doing bumper harvest can tell ne difference.. You know harvesting like every 3 wks or something.. It would suck to cut back when you got other trays say only in the 1st few wks of flower..

M

MTgrower

Edited because I don't care to argue. My advice is to read published, peer reviewed books and scientific studies on the subject. There is a huge amount of info on the subject and it is easy to access.

Good luck.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I start CO2 after stretch (week 3 of flower) at 1250 PPM. Run my room at 80-82 while CO2 is running. I taper it down starting 2 weeks before flush. I bring it down incrimentally each day until I cut it out completely right before flush.

As you start droping your fertilizer ppms you lower your CO2 ppm. Been working like a charm for me for a while. Pull around 5 with 2 lights consistently.

S

Shamrock

I have a perpetual room and i have ran it with and without co2. To me it seems like they take a bit longer to finish with co2. I guess it could be due to something else but thats what my records show. The same strains running 7-10 days longer then without

B

Badmf

Lower temps to 72F days and 55F or lower nites and shut CO2 to 700 during the last weeks if you were at 1500ppm. The last week drop to 250 or shut it off. Growth has ceased and excessive CO2 effects flavor. Also lower humidity during final weeks will build more trikes. I also use MH during this period. In case anyone wondered UV light works but presently penetration is weak and its benefits aren't enough to justify. I drop em in the Sun for 8 hours when I have a place that works for that.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i think a better question for you would be "what are the benefits of running CO2".

CO2 comes into play as a boost to the rate of photosynthesis during daytime hours, and is only of benefit in a laboratory grade room with serious attention to plant nutrition and with a slight boost to heat (metabolism).

My rooms meet all of the above conditions and i never raise ppms over 1k.

B

Badmf

i think a better question for you would be "what are the benefits of running CO2".

CO2 comes into play as a boost to the rate of photosynthesis during daytime hours, and is only of benefit in a laboratory grade room with serious attention to plant nutrition and with a slight boost to heat (metabolism).

My rooms meet all of the above conditions and i never raise ppms over 1k.

Common man go ahead and try it at 1500-1800ppms, your room doesn't need to be perfect to gain significant yeild gains. You know already what it is at 1k. Its just deminishing returns as late bloom arrives and growth has slowed.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i would be happy to look at any data you might have.

A

Axias

You dont need it late flower. Shut it off if you want, just keep your room ppms at 300+ at all times. Drop your humidity, run your nutrients pk boosted and watch the buds swell and pop with resin. Flush,trim,dry,cure,smoke ;)

p.s. on co2 @ 1800 ppms: silly imo. 600 gets your 75% of that benefit and much more manageable. Sheesh.. 1800 requires u must have AC, all vented lights,and mad hydro setup 100% tuned in.. in which case I say go for it ;) lol

B

Badmf

Not silly but every room also has a plant size and number; the larger and more plants the quicker the CO2 gets used up. Studies you say, well even olderMel Franks/ Ed Rosenthal books have that info. But if you want more http://www.quickgrow.com/gardening_articles/co2_enrichment.html
BTW 1800 does "not" require anything like that, I have some soil and soiless rooms without anything special and temps are 80F on and 65F off. The hydro ones run cooler to keep nutes chilled. If you do add that level of CO2 you should balance the increase with adding equally to nutes and light. Shoot for 3k lumens per sq ft as a max.

Top Bottom