What are the best airstones?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I've used the 12" airstones and there brutal....Most would only push ait for the first inch...

The 5" are way better.

I'm just wondering what other airstones are better for resevoirs.
Also any recomendations on airstones for making tea....the airstones keep cloging up.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use self cleaning airlines in my bucket designs but it costs a little over 12 bucks a ft. But will worth it. If you need more then 20' let me know. JK

S

Steel Erection

I use the big micro pore diffusers in my ressys. Paired with a 110 liter pump they work well. - SE

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I've used the 12" airstones and there brutal....Most would only push ait for the first inch...

The 5" are way better.

I'm just wondering what other airstones are better for resevoirs.
Also any recomendations on airstones for making tea....the airstones keep cloging up.

ive used a lot of airstones up until recently and they all clogged up. id just clean them and move on. recently while cleaning the air stone i dropped it and broke in half. i didnt have another on hand so i put the other part with connection back in the bucket and it works better broken then it did brand new. take that 12" stone and break the end off and youll see what im talking about. plus it wont clog ever again

manitoid.

manitoid.

ive used a lot of airstones up until recently and they all clogged up. id just clean them and move on. recently while cleaning the air stone i dropped it and broke in half. i didnt have another on hand so i put the other part with connection back in the bucket and it works better broken then it did brand new. take that 12" stone and break the end off and youll see what im talking about. plus it wont clog ever again

Yep, when I was in hydro I used to do this with the 10"

dankworth

dankworth

My little barrel-shaped airstones clogged making teas, so I cut holes in the airline just before the clogged airstone.
Fuck, air comes out, whatever.
I used drilled cpvc on the home depot card for airstones in my totes.
When I am not broke, I will be buying some of JK's self-cleaning airlines. He has already done the homework on that one.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I am not sure if JK is referring to alitas airlines, but they are the shit (an expensive)

K

kevinanderson

Use flexible air stones as they curl around the bottom of the bucket and everything bubbles evenly

manitoid.

manitoid.

Use flexible air stones as they curl around the bottom of the bucket and everything bubbles evenly

I hated every variety of those I tried, they seemed to kink on me and put out way less air than the straight ones.

K

kevinanderson

I hated every variety of those I tried, they seemed to kink on me and put out way less air than the straight ones.
Yeah after sometime they tend to give less air than usual, I have had some luck with washing them in very warm water...

UClover

UClover

Check out the Oxy-Shields from Deep Water Innovations, they are made of a porous tubing similar to soaker hose.

They require a bit more air, but nice bubble size, low back pressure and easy to clean.

Also the 9" diffuser disc from Current Culture is badass and used to come standard in some old school tea brewers.

Top Bottom