What are these bugs and why wont they DIE!!!

• Thread starter Tryin2GroMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tryin2GroMo

Backstory: I began treating for fungus gnats with Azamax 3weeks ago at 5 day intervals with a soil drench and thought that the little jerks were gone.. i have had bug strips hanging and on the soil tops and have seen a huge decrease in their numbers (at least the flying ones) now to my understanding the life cycle of a gnat is from a grub like pupae to the flying guys that land on my sticky traps..

So up to date: Watered my girls as usual and noticed these MU%&@A F&@*(S doing a backstroke in the runoff water at the bottom of the pots and climbing up the sides when they wanna get out of the pool for some sun..

I have heard of root aphids flying, and this looks something like what id call an aphid.. but givin that ive hit the plants like 4 times with azamax shouldnt it have stopped them from reproducing or feeding and killed them off by now?? im at the begining of week 6 and really dont want to put anything but nutes and water into the soil, but these pests are really doing that.. being a pest!!

so the question is.. Does ANYONE know what thes are and how to kill/prevent them.. No idea where htey came from either.. when i said it is my grow, I lied as i actually inherited it per se..

What are these bugs and why wont they die
A

allseasons

They look like root aphids, Drench with 5ml per gallon of Bayer (imidacloprid).

green punk

green punk

Sorry man, hate to say it, Dude you got Root Aphids. Read the threads. I recommend Evergreen if your gonna try to save the crop.

Good Luck, Grow Hard

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Fire beats root aphids. Only guaranteed cure from wtf I've read everywhere... maybe Merit75 or Bayer Tree and Shrub... but fire definitely kills the pesky lil f#$%ers...

A

AlienBoyD7

maybe 35% peroxide... dont get that shit on your skin it will burn

T

Tryin2GroMo

Thanks for confirming what I feared guys.. because after a couple weeks of just trying to disrespect these things where they live not working and Azamax not doing the damndest thing besides killing off their competition, I've considered fire, like a warehouse fire LOL.. Just burn the building down and start over..

On the real tho.. how late into flowering can you use the evergreen or bayer tree and shrub? because i am about to enter week 6 of flower..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't use anything with imidacloprid in it at this point. Triazicide can be used, but I personally prefer to allow the longest pre-harvest interval labelled, which is 21 days.

I haven't used Evergreen, but I believe it can be used fairly far into flower. Look up Masonite's posts on it.

C

cofi

Don't use anything with imidacloprid in it at this point. Triazicide can be used, but I personally prefer to allow the longest pre-harvest interval labelled, which is 21 days.

I haven't used Evergreen, but I believe it can be used fairly far into flower. Look up Masonite's posts on it.

this

after flower tear down everything toss it bleach everything

take the time to read this thread all the way thru

aphids are much much worse then mites or anything else :(

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
inceticidal soap and azamax combination. you can do this all the way through flower.

confu...

altimood

altimood

I gave may little root aphids Spectracide triazicide and the were doing a back stroke in it while laughing at me. Liquid pyrethrum (Excite R) every 3 days or so got me through my last run. Its available online. But I have seen many suppliers claiming there is a world wide shortage on liquid pyrethrum right now. Get while you can! Also a lot of people are trying Metharizium Anisopliae strain F52, also known as Met52. I'm about to try some right now on my buggies. I will let you know about this stuff as the experiment goes on. I have a good friend who has a line on it for folks in Colorado.

Top Bottom