What are these spots caused by? 7th week flowering

• Thread starter L.AzyStoner420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

L.AzyStoner420

Hi guys, it's been since almost immediately after flowering started that I started seeing these spots and discolorations in the tip of the leaves attached to one of the apical tops. Unfortunately I don't have a more recent photo and this is from about a week and a half ago but last night those spots that look yellow in the photo are starting to turn a red/brown type color. I'm only getting concerned about so little because a while back I had seen similar spots in a rotten top but I have to say they were smaller leaves coming straight out of the top and were practically dry! I think if it was botrytis I would have started to see the leaves dry out or at least I think it would have gotten worse in no time but it seems to be under control. What do you guys think? The plant is the only one in the room that is on a less rich diet than the others and a few leaves are totally yellowing in the middle of the plant sometimes above sometimes below. 7th week flowering.

The second one is a picture taken from the internet and the tips now have spots like the ones in the picture. They are small and only in the tip.
Only those leaves are like that then the whole plant looks pretty good

What are these spots caused by 7th week flowering
What are these spots caused by 7th week flowering 2
L

L.AzyStoner420

early stages of deficiency. could be a calcium or potassium. lets see what others say
I think it's potassium deficiency too but I still wanted to make the thread to ward off any symptoms of botrytis. I'm terribly afraid of it after I lost 100/150gr in the last harvest.
Those spots look frighteningly the same but that time they were bigger and the leaves were badly reduced! Some looked normal with no marks in the leaves and then inside they were full of mold and others had these spots

GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

So you think it's induced by the old age of these leaves?
Pretty much, as the plant hits the end of its flowering cycle the plant sheds leaves in anticipation for winter, it has to do with the amount of time it has been in 12/12.

That's why trees drop leaves, it's to conserve energy over winter, other plants do this too.

I have a Christmas cactus and it does the same flower/regeneration cycle based on the light it gets at certain times of year.

L

L.AzyStoner420

I think it's a slight potassium deficiency or maybe lockout. A lot of things can lock out K.
I'm ruling out lockout but I think potassium is the problem! I've noticed that if you look closely at some of the leaves (not the ones in the photo but other leaves of the same plant) they seem to have browning sides like a potassium deficiency but I could be wrong...let's just say the intention of the thread was to rule out some early symptoms of some fungus/mildew. These are the pictures I took yesterday of the same leaves.

IMG 20220203 100730
L

L.AzyStoner420

Pretty much, as the plant hits the end of its flowering cycle the plant sheds leaves in anticipation for winter, it has to do with the amount of time it has been in 12/12.

That's why trees drop leaves, it's to conserve energy over winter, other plants do this too.

I have a Christmas cactus and it does the same flower/regeneration cycle based on the light it gets at certain times of year.
Really interesting...I had heard little about senescence! Thanks a lot for the information bro

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@mysticepipedon has a point. If lock out is out of the way then she is hungry and the levels are probably wacked out. You should feed her to drain

L

L.AzyStoner420

@mysticepipedon has a point. If lock out is out of the way then she is hungry and the levels are probably wacked out. You should feed her to drain
Let's just say I'm getting lost in a Hamletian doubt.... What do I do? In this period I start to wash the roots and reduce the EC until the end of the cycle that I think it will be in 2 weeks or 3 maximum... the problem is not that I do not introduce potassium in their nutrition but it is just that it has the same nutritional program of the other plants in smaller pots and this one let's say that it has grown twice as wide and amount of tops so I think it requires its own diet but for laziness I did not do it. These are the sisters and they have never shown a deficiency.
IMG 20220203 103524

Homesteader

Homesteader

Plants know when the end is near and that looks to be the case here to me. They are at flower peak and now they move on to swell and ripening and will start to feed off the reserves for two to four weeks. I grow in soil but this wouldn't worry me a bit if I saw it.

Mechman60

Mechman60

early stages of deficiency. could be a calcium or potassium. lets see what others say
Research "classical music and plants", what you read will amaze you. I run classical in my tent during the day. You'll see why.

Latest posts

Top Bottom