What are these spots?

• Thread starter Clemons419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clemons419

Clemons419

One of my clones has these translucent brownish spots where I can almost see through the leaf. My clones have been hanging off a T8 32w light, not super close, but could it be light burn??

What are these spots
What are these spots 2
What are these spots 3
What are these spots 4
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
That doesn't look like light burn. I can't tell if the leaves are moist or if that is neem residue. If they are moist or wet, I'd suspect a fungal pathogen or something like that. Or it could be localized salt burn from a drop of concentrated nutrient. Where it occurs on the leaf surface and the surrounding leaf condition has it looking like an early infection. Any bug problems? They track shit in on their little feet.

Clemons419

Clemons419

That doesn't look like light burn. I can't tell if the leaves are moist or if that is neem residue. If they are moist or wet, I'd suspect a fungal pathogen or something like that. Or it could be localized salt burn from a drop of concentrated nutrient. Where it occurs on the leaf surface and the surrounding leaf condition has it looking like an early infection. Any bug problems? They track shit in on their little feet.
The leaves are dry and super shiny!? I still cant figure that one out. I havent given these babies any nutes yet so cant be a drip šŸ¤” I havent noticed any pests. That DEFINITELY would track shit on their dirty little feet.šŸ˜† I'll have to take a closer look. Thank you for the thoughts!

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Being in dome at that growth stage is probably too much humidity and would be the reason for a fungus to be viable. If they have good enough roots, I'd omit the dome.

Clemons419

Clemons419

Being in dome at that growth stage is probably too much humidity and would be the reason for a fungus to be viable. If they have good enough roots, I'd omit the dome.
The roots are well established, I'll take off the dome and watch it. What do I do if it is a fungus infection?

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Let it dry for a few days - if it doesn't grow or advance, cut the affected leaves off with alcohol cleaned scissor or knife over a piece of white paper to catch the trimmings. Don't let them fall into the soil. The best way to deal with molds and fungus is to avoid conditions that allow viability. Spores are tiny, in the air and impossible to eliminate without extreme measures. Some environments are worse than others, so YMMV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom