What are these thin fan leaves? 120+days in veg

• Thread starter Dabward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
so i just read every once comment and im confused as hell. So, im just gonna ask the simple questions but in my signature you see a link to "Read this before asking questions" if you copy past the questions here and answer them that would be great.

What is your media?
What is your nutrients?
You need to do a slurry mixture or do a run off check and find out what the readings are. From there you can make adjustments.

PPL stop throwing darts to get bullzeye lol! you get droopy leaves from overwatering and underwatering\.

Frostfire

Frostfire

Looks like pH issues tagged along with improper watering cycle. The plants are headed for major lock out. Don’t listen to these guys, coco loco is coco. If you let it dry out you’ll experience ph spikes in your media. Needs to Stay 90% saturated at all times. I’ve ran it multiple times and it needs to be watered like coco. At this point you should be watering multiple times a day. Have you check the runoff EC? Runoff pH?
I have no experience with this product, someone in this thread said something to the effect it had soil in it. If that is the case, likely it doesn't need watering every day, ymmv according to plant size.
I have used coco/perlite/lava rock/with hydroton in the bottom of pot, I do not water every day, no problems yet, ymmv.
OP, for you to say 'this is the only good advice I've received so far,' doesn't show any appreciation for those who took the time to try to help you with your problems. Keep in mind that what you consider 'not to be good advice,' is working for someone else otherwise they probably wouldn't share that experience. Remember when you wanted to 'rip them out?' But hey, whatever works for you, good luck with it.

"Plants growing in Coco Loco will require less frequent watering. Whether you're growing in hanging baskets, vertical gardens, containers, or seedling trays, extend your watering schedule. Now you will have more time to beat on the drum all day! As you trek through a tropical jungle, your steps remain light and buoyant, never soggy. The rainforest floor is remarkably deep with layers of exotic coconut palm humus. It is cool and damp for several inches. Hold the richness in your hands, feel the soft silky texture. It’s the perfect medium for cultivating plants. The coir in Coco Loco behaves like little sponges making water available as needed by the plants. Coco Loco Potting Mix has the ability to hold more than its weight in water—while still draining well. Coconut Coir - Aqua Supremo!®"

Having more time to beat on the drum, priceless! LOL!!!

Last edited:
Dabward

Dabward

I have no experience with this product, someone in this thread said something to the effect it had soil in it. If that is the case, likely it doesn't need watering every day, ymmv according to plant size.
I have used coco/perlite/lava rock/with hydroton in the bottom of pot, I do not water every day, no problems yet, ymmv.
OP, for you to say 'this is the only good advice I've received so far,' doesn't show any appreciation for those who took the time to try to help you with your problems. Keep in mind that what you consider 'not to be good advice,' is working for someone else otherwise they probably wouldn't share that experience. Remember when you wanted to 'rip them out?' But hey, whatever works for you, good luck with it.

"Plants growing in Coco Loco will require less frequent watering. Whether you're growing in hanging baskets, vertical gardens, containers, or seedling trays, extend your watering schedule. Now you will have more time to beat on the drum all day! As you trek through a tropical jungle, your steps remain light and buoyant, never soggy. The rainforest floor is remarkably deep with layers of exotic coconut palm humus. It is cool and damp for several inches. Hold the richness in your hands, feel the soft silky texture. It’s the perfect medium for cultivating plants. The coir in Coco Loco behaves like little sponges making water available as needed by the plants. Coco Loco Potting Mix has the ability to hold more than its weight in water—while still draining well. Coconut Coir - Aqua Supremo!®"

Damn yeah thank you for pulling me up sir. I appreciate it. And you are correct. I am genuinely sorry to all those I may have offended w that bs. Honestly. I am genuinely frustrated. Didn't mean to offend anyone or put anyone down at all. I think it was the only thing I had not tried. And I should have just said that. Whole things been a cluster fuck.. its a buzz kill. I typically enjoy this shit. More than anything in life. I'm sorry.

Dabward

Dabward

I genuinely do appreciate every member of this community. If the advice was not correct. It still gave me opportunity to try a different avenue I had not thought of. Or at the very least read up on so.ething I had also not thought of. I'm 5 years without a grow and working w mediums I'm unfamiliar with and I appear to have forgotten more than I ever learned in my many previous. So again. Thank k you for pulling me up. As I do rely on the good folks of this community when I am at my witts end.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

i would try some mycorrhizae, bigfoot time release is a good one. most likely your root base has been affected by the over watering. Soil doesn't need runoff; it washes out all the microbes and food.

Dabward

Dabward

Turns out everyone was right. My ph ec ppm meter was way out of wack. Thats been calibrated. My garage has a little dip in the floor. So water from the drip feeder has been pooling and draining towards one side. Likely leaving salt deposits. My air pot. Qas flat on the drip pan. Trapping water. So the roots. That didn't prune because it was always full of just a little water. Is likely what was causing the overwatered look. I propped them up for now. So water can flow freely under the bottom and drain down from the top evenly. .
Gc after flush 6.01 520 .75
Fed 6.32 1100 1.59
Ro 6.15 660 .81
Os
5.98 .32 220
Fed 6.32 1100 1.59
Ro 6.1 500 .72.
That was a 50% feed.
Want run 75% feed. And hope that ec balances out better. Maybe I should wait. Too tired to think
Oh and I did add in some great white.

Frostfire

Frostfire

I genuinely do appreciate every member of this community. If the advice was not correct. It still gave me opportunity to try a different avenue I had not thought of. Or at the very least read up on so.ething I had also not thought of. I'm 5 years without a grow and working w mediums I'm unfamiliar with and I appear to have forgotten more than I ever learned in my many previous. So again. Thank k you for pulling me up. As I do rely on the good folks of this community when I am at my witts end.
I believe human beings have a responsibility to hold one another accountable, (within reason), attitude is altitude and I can see from yours: you're on the right track brotha'!

Frostfire

Frostfire

Sooo this is a pic of the the orange sherbert . Which is an indica leaning i thought. Had presented as an indica and the new thin leaves are a new development. Green crack is next to it and having a whole different set of problems. I had started w 2 fems and 2 autos. And had planned to see the autos through and then flip the fems. WELL I had issues w the autos. Thought one was hermy. Planted 3 more. Ended up seeing the autos through before getting to the fems. Just shit on my original plan.
I had gnats and I used sns 209 which takes a minute to start working. But it's basically rosemary. And I put 1/4-1/2 inch of garden sand on top. They are a lot of work. I set up a watering system. As I am putting 8 gallons into Them every 20hrs at this point. . These 2 are filling out a 6x8 space. It just seems like every week I have a new problem .
*plan is to flush today completely. Re set the scrog. A little lower as I only have 32 possible vertical inches left at this point . Until they touch lights. Defoliate. Slowly Reintroduce flowering week 1 nuets. Until EC is satisfied . And then start 12/12 tomorrow. No other choice and no room left. So itll be whatll be. If anyone has a better plan I'm all ears.
Man, I am a fan of rosemary essential oil, it did wonders for me very quickly to reduce the population of an infestation of some type of mite. Am still not sure what kind it was, the plants seemed to be unharmed (from the mites) but I was uneasy with them crawling all through the medium like they owned th eplace, it was a fast-moving mite, white in color, I thought it might be a poultry mite, still not sure.
Whatever the variety, I hit them with a mix of rosemary/isopropyl alcohol/neem. Burnt them down in their tracks!
But whoever reads this, make sure your concentration is not so strong that if you accidentally hit any leaves, they get burnt too, it happened to me, but the plant will grow out of it, ymmv.

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Any bug problem can be fixed with 1 part isopropyl and 1 part peroxide to 5 parts water, peroxide kills bugs in soil and the alcohol gets the obliterated (drunk) and they die of alcohol consumption, ive tested it

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Any bug problem can be fixed with 1 part isopropyl and 1 part peroxide to 5 parts water, peroxide kills bugs in soil and the alcohol gets the obliterated (drunk) and they die of alcohol consumption, ive tested it
Eggs also get killed from peroxide i meant

Dabward

Dabward

I quite complaining and put the work in. Day 3 of flower. They are JUST waking up. So they are just starting to perk up. BUT the new growth looks healthy . Got the pots raised up off the ground and any apparent overwatering damage to the leaves has slowed to a stop I think.. Finally got my PH and EC calibration liquids monitoring my PPM ec ph and treated with nematodes. Millions of the fuckers. Seemed to work almost instantly . Flushed entirely fed at half strength then 3/4 where it balanced out. It also appears to be drying out much slower. Or not going Into lockout from the roots sitting in stale water.. one or the other.. got those little rubber flaps in there to level the pots out so water drains straight down instead of too one side.. I fed 2 days later at full strength with fish shit too
then 2 days later with humboltolt big up on my water day.. and that's where we are today. I THINK I MIGHT do an actual water next just Ro water and calmag. Maybe some great white. And then full strength nuets again and alternate as it dries out. If anyone sees an error in my process please let me know. But im hoping I'm on the right track

Dabward

Dabward

I quite complaining and put the work in. Day 3 of flower. They are JUST waking up. So they are just starting to perk up. BUT the new growth looks healthy . Got the pots raised up off the ground and any apparent overwatering damage to the leaves has slowed to a stop I think.. Finally got my PH and EC calibration liquids monitoring my PPM ec ph and treated with nematodes. Millions of the fuckers. Seemed to work almost instantly . Flushed entirely fed at half strength then 3/4 where it balanced out. It also appears to be drying out much slower. Or not going Into lockout from the roots sitting in stale water.. one or the other.. got those little rubber flaps in there to level the pots out so water drains straight down instead of too one side.. I fed 2 days later at full strength with fish shit too
then 2 days later with humboltolt big up on my water day.. and that's where we are today. I THINK I MIGHT do an actual water next just Ro water and calmag. Maybe some great white. And then full strength nuets again and alternate as it dries out. If anyone sees an error in my process please let me know. But im hoping I'm on the right track edit green crack I should mention was more severely deficient. But it is coming through The big up seemed to have helped that a lot. 0-33-23 damn well better..

Dabward

Dabward

Man, I am a fan of rosemary essential oil, it did wonders for me very quickly to reduce the population of an infestation of some type of mite. Am still not sure what kind it was, the plants seemed to be unharmed (from the mites) but I was uneasy with them crawling all through the medium like they owned th eplace, it was a fast-moving mite, white in color, I thought it might be a poultry mite, still not sure.
Whatever the variety, I hit them with a mix of rosemary/isopropyl alcohol/neem. Burnt them down in their tracks!
But whoever reads this, make sure your concentration is not so strong that if you accidentally hit any leaves, they get burnt too, it happened to me, but the plant will grow out of it, ymmv.
Man. Everything was going great. I had posted the other day. And then this morning. My timer for the cmh did not go off. I slept in for once. They got 2 extra hours of light.. All I can do now is change their 12/12 to whatever time I just shut if off right? Sorry I know its xmas. And I'm probably just panicking

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

It shouldn't affect anything. You coyld easily just keep to the previous light schedule or adjust as you were saying. Glad things rebounded and are looking good again

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
your plant seems to be in veg stage, so anything more than 12 hours wouldn't effects anything. She just had two do some extra hours. In flower it would be bad.

Frostfire

Frostfire

Man. Everything was going great. I had posted the other day. And then this morning. My timer for the cmh did not go off. I slept in for once. They got 2 extra hours of light.. All I can do now is change their 12/12 to whatever time I just shut if off right? Sorry I know its xmas. And I'm probably just panicking
You don't have to change the light schedule for a 'one off' (pun intended) incident, from time to time strange things (also) happen in nature, your plant will see this as an anomaly, no troubles man.
Just make sure you get that faulty equipment sorted asap or flick the switch yourself... :-)

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Gnats from what I have seen do not like acidic soil, cannibals likes acidic soil. I would say your pH is to high. For me, I like to keep pH at 5.8-5.9.

Last edited:
Top Bottom