What brand of nutrient solution is best for my plants?

• Thread starter Marshilene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marshilene

Marshilene

The two plants pictured next to each other are 2 and 3 weeks old and the plant in the larger pot is only a week old. I know that you are supposed to add nutrients around the 3rd or 4th week and also depending on the number of true leaves the plant has. My question is which brand of nutrient solution should I get? I’ve been reading around and I’ve been seeing different ratio numbers for a nutrient mix and it’s very confusing. Could y’all recommend the best brand nutrient solution for the the veg stage, the bloom stage, and whatever other nutrients I will need? I would greatly appreciate if. I’m not sure if this is important but the plants are in fox farm happy frog soil right now.

What brand of nutrient solution is best for my plants
What brand of nutrient solution is best for my plants 2
SecretGardener

SecretGardener

I have used Miracle-Gro All Purpose Plant Food - 24-8-16 for 20 years or more. Then switched to Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster Flower Food - 15-30-15 for flower stage. Plus Epson salt for extra Magnesium. About as cheap as you can go and have had great crops.

With all the new information on growing weed available now, I have learned about EC meters to measure the concentration of fertilizer in the water. Also learned to check the PH of the nutrient solution ever time. This next-level knowledge had lead to less issues and more consistent results.

So, I think even Miracle grow from Walmart is all you need. The key is the correct amount and correct PH. Yea, you may get slightly bigger buds by skillfully mixing dozens of nutrient products like many on this site report... or may just waste your money.... or toxify you plants.

quirk

quirk

I've used this organic product since 1985. Cannot burn, no salt buildup, no need to be exact when diluting, immediately available nutrients with no waste. Increases brix and yield on any flower, fruit or vegetable you grow. Bulletproof and zero defect grows.

Hasta Gro Plants
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Pure blend pro. Dyna gro Foliage pro. Floraflex V and B. GH Floranova. Those are the store-bought nutrients I trust the most.
Personally I like Dyna Gro Foliage pro along with potassium silicate. I also use a little shot of mag pro before flip, halfway through flower and a couple weeks before harvest.

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I've just recently switched to the Nectar lineup after using the FoxFarm trio. I can already see differences in branch structure, growth speed and quality, and the buds.............well...the buds are unreal. They aren't 2' colas ripe for mold. They're stacked, dripping with resin, trichome crusted bombs on a vine. After dialing in a schedule based on a hybrid of the Spartan & Greek regimen, I think I've got it set and all plants are loving it!! I'd recommend NFTG for anyone. Yes, there are lots of bottles and lots of mixing. Why? Because the nutrients and vitamins inside would bind together in one bottle and you wouldn't get the same amazing results. Don't skimp, buy a quart of everything at first and you're good to go. You'll see the differences!

HighRootz

HighRootz

@MI420Farmer I was a House & Garden guy for 10yrs with my outdoor grows and plants. I started using NFTG this year and have been amazed by the results so far. I started with the Spartan feeding program then progressed to the Greek regiment with Bloom Khaos added. Will be going full on Spartan once I'm established indoors.

@Marshilene Don't forget to use a PH and TDS meter

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

@MI420Farmer I was a House & Garden guy for 10yrs with my outdoor grows and plants. I started using NFTG this year and have been amazed by the results so far. I started with the Spartan feeding program then progressed to the Greek regiment with Bloom Khaos added. Will be going full on Spartan once I'm established indoors.

@Marshilene Don't forget to use a PH and TDS meter
HighRootz--Excellent!! I'm getting through my 3rd full week of using nothing but NFTG and I cannot describe all of the changes I've seen, too many to list, and all very very good.
I'm using a bastardized version of Spartan and Greek combined. I went quart purchase happy and got virtually the complete line of stuff. So I'm adding a few things in from the Greek whilst staying true to the Spartan regimen except that for this first time through, I've reduced all qty listings in half. Once the bottles start to run dry, I'm going to discipline myself and stick to the Spartan regimen with the listed amounts and see how that goes.
And using the Feed Feed Tea Feed Feed Tea, and then Herc flush, routine, holy crap are they some happy plants!!!

HighRootz

HighRootz

HighRootz--Excellent!! I'm getting through my 3rd full week of using nothing but NFTG and I cannot describe all of the changes I've seen, too many to list, and all very very good.
I'm using a bastardized version of Spartan and Greek combined. I went quart purchase happy and got virtually the complete line of stuff. So I'm adding a few things in from the Greek whilst staying true to the Spartan regimen except that for this first time through, I've reduced all qty listings in half. Once the bottles start to run dry, I'm going to discipline myself and stick to the Spartan regimen with the listed amounts and see how that goes.
And using the Feed Feed Tea Feed Feed Tea, and then Herc flush, routine, holy crap are they some happy plants!!!
Make sure to use Bloom Khaos as well. I'm gonna start slowly progressing towards full on Roman feeding schedule by mid flower for my outdoor girls. I want to start with a full Roman feeding indoors in the next few weeks

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

Make sure to use Bloom Khaos as well. I'm gonna start slowly progressing towards full on Roman feeding schedule by mid flower for my outdoor girls. I want to start with a full Roman feeding indoors in the next few weeks
I don't know, Kaos makes me nervous. Have you used it? Have heard it expedites growth significantly but it's basically shouting at the plant "This is it!!! Eat what you can!!!" And you're on this fast uphill adding of Herc .
Am I saying this correctly?

HighRootz

HighRootz

I don't know, Kaos makes me nervous. Have you used it? Have heard it expedites growth significantly but it's basically shouting at the plant "This is it!!! Eat what you can!!!" And you're on this fast uphill adding of Herc .
Am I saying this correctly?
Oh yea I use the Khaos, actually about to go give a foliar feeding to a few plants here in a bit. I was doing the Greek early flower feeding but also adding a Khaos foliar feed as well up until last week. Last feed I added the Khaos to the mix and the plants are doing great. Will be adding that Pegasus potion here soon for the stinky stinks

HighRootz

HighRootz

Does no1 use canna anymore😂😂 well I do tried tested delivers only my opinion though👍
I use Cannazym on a few older plants but have been looking at their line of media and nutrients. I might just use their coco and nutrients for my mangos and pineapples, if all is good then I might use them next outdoor season

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I've used this organic product since 1985
You may get good results from Hasta Gro Plant but it not organic. The only "organic" (natural) ingredient in there is potassium hydroxide.

My question is which brand of nutrient solution should I get?
This depends in large part on whether you have hard water or not. Calcium is the 2nd most important nutrient for Cannabis after Nitrogen, but it's easy to apply too much if your water has much (>100 ppm) in it. If you have hard water you'll see salt residues (called limescale) on your faucets but if you're unsure, get a aquarium water hardness test kit.

What is with the obsession with high P fertilizer during flowering?
15-30-15 for flower stage
Make sure to use Bloom Khaos [liquid bone meal] as well.
Phosphate is functionally a micronutrient in Cannabis (comparable with Mag or Sulfur) unless you're trying to grow seeds. Don't take my word for it, look at the tissue analysis reports. Or check out this study on Baox flower yields that found phosphate concentrations above 15 ppm was not beneficial to plant growth.

That said, it doesn't mean that the liquid bone meal in the Bloom Khaos isn't having any positive effect, but I'd guess any benefit is predominantly coming from the calcium in the bone meal (bone meal is around 24% Calcium, or about 58% as much phosphate in it). For those who use it, a side-by-side comparison of Gypsum (also around 24% Calcium) foliar application vs bone meal (Bloom Khaos) would be most enlightening.

Not only is overapplication of phosphorus costing money that doesn't need to be spent, but it also undermines the benefits of mycorrhizae, if you use them, and all that excess P is likely to end up polluting the lakes and rivers in your area.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I use botanacare pro grow exclusively, a nice light food of fish mulch and nitro, never burned a plant in veg.

20210801 093921
20210808 053843
Top Bottom