What can I do to solve low humidity problem during drying time?

• Thread starter pnw_home_grown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pnw_home_grown

pnw_home_grown

Hey ya'll!

I'm brand new and taking it all one day at a time. I have 2 outdoor beauties that are getting ready to be harvested over the next couple/few weeks.

The only room we have available is our garage. We bought a 24x24x48 grow tent and a mesh hanging dry rack for buds I've been saving from the few limbs I've found with mold.

We have a fan set to low on the bottom pointed away from the basket, as well as a hygrometer. Problem is... No humidity. Last I read at 2pm today it said 36%. Temp was 54°. I put a bowl of water in front of the fan for now as I read that can help.

Also, temps were in the 20s last night and will be below freezing again tonight so we brought the pots into the garage to overnight and back out during the day.

What can/should I do about the humidity? I'd like to be prepped before we fully harvest.

Thank you 😊

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Use an ultrasonic humidifier hooked up to an inkbird humidity controller and get that temp up closer to 60f if you can.

Until you can get that stuff, hang a wet towel in the room with a fan blowing on it and keep an eye on the RH.

pnw_home_grown

pnw_home_grown

Use an ultrasonic humidifier hooked up to an inkbird humidity controller and get that temp up closer to 60f if you can.

Until you can get that stuff, hang a wet towel in the room with a fan blowing on it and keep an eye on the RH.

Okay... Also, I just got off the phone with a guy from a local grow supply store who was surprised I still have my plants outdoors with this cold weather. My blueberry just has too many white hairs and majority of trichomes are still too clear for me to be ready to throw in the towel. Dosido is lovely and purple. Tonight is the last of the freezing temps then we'll have a week of lows in the 40s and highs in the high 50s to low 60s. I'd love to get another week in.

Back to humidity and heat. I'm thinking of getting an oil filled radiator for the garage.

I also need to hook up some kind of air filtration system. This hobby is expensive.

Oh, and no canning jars anywhere.

Top Bottom