What causes cloudyness?

• Thread starter JG420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JG420

JG420

Is it impurities? Fatty oil from the plant? Anyway to get rid of it? I use a glass extractor vector premium and a 2 quart vacuum chamber 110-115 degrees for 24-48 hours
What causes cloudyness
What causes cloudyness 2
What causes cloudyness 3
What causes cloudyness 4

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Old material, A hole in the filter or too coarse of a filter, and too warm can all make cloudy shat.

Using freshly dried material, getting the weed, blaster and butane freezing cold by putting it in a freezer for a couple days, and running it through a very fine filter will create the best shatter ime.

JG420

JG420

Impossible to tell how old it is because it was bought I haven't grown in years bc my grow up was busted over 10 years ago in PA when it was far from legal but now since we gave medical I plan to get my card and start up again. I do put it in the fridge for a few hours I was afraid to put in the freezer bc I figured it would freeze wut moisture was still in the plant and I didnt know if that would be good enough. I use twi different kinds of organic non bleached coffee filters and I use 3 layers, one of the course looking stuff and 2 of the fine thinking not only will I not have a blow out but also having the 3 filters I figured it would catch everything. I'm not a fan of the metal filters I imagin them catching next to nothing. What kind of filters do you use and where do you get them from?

JG420

JG420

Put the butane in the freezer too? Interesting I'll have to try that this week. I heard of freezing the blaster or heard ppl putting dry ice inside b4 the run etc but I never did bc it's all personal size stuff like the 2 quart vacuum chamber u cant do more than 3.5 g of oil which is like 3/4 of an oz but my extractor only holds 1/4 at a time and holding it with my hand while filing it I imagined it would just warm up anyway and it gets cold as hell from the butane too but I'll have to try freezing everything for a day or so b4 hand but I still believe I need better filters above all else

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah the more frozen everything is the better, you want that remaining moisture to be frozen so it stays in the plant. I personally dont blast stuff anymore, shatter isnt really my bag, but I have friends that are crazy about it.

As for filtering, one of the guys I know blasts into a frozen glass jar sat in a bowl of ice water so the butane doesnt evaporate, then puts it into a lab freezer to filter again passively, not under pressure. That allows it to drain through the filter rather than forcing crap through the filter under pressure.

JG420

JG420

I'm suprised it will filter passively and not just gunk up the filter and not move at all, makes sence under pressure I'm sure its pushing impurities thru and freezing the moisture and fatty oils so it doesnt get pulled out is a good idea too thx 4 the advice. Only question I have left us where do ppl get their filters from or atleast what are they called like the micron # or wutever, or are unbleached organic coffee filters ur best bet?

Top Bottom