What causes single bladed leaves?

• Thread starter OGONLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

I'm kind of stumped as to why several of my vegging plants have shot off single bladed leaves? Some of the leaves have a much smoother surface than they normaly would have.

Yes it does seem like the plants are a bit confused as to whether its flower time or not. The ones with the smooth leaves have shot off clusters of tricomes, and have a curly leaf thing adjacent to the normal leaf upon new growth.

I upped the the light cycle from 18/6 to 20/4 hoping this would correct the issue. Its been over a week and still have curly leaves popping. The single bladers have stopped though on all but 2 plants.

The single blade leaves showed on 4 different strains. The smooth leaf thing is only on the SFV OG. Running 8 lamp T5 in 4 in. rockwool cubes. Plants 4-6 inches from light. Temps have been a bit low at night (lights off) 64 on average. Day time temps average 74.

Anyone else experience this?

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Sounds like they re-veging man. What strains are the others? Some strains will try to flower on their own unless they are under 24/0. Some will even do eventually under that.

OGONLY

OGONLY

They are actually still in veg. At least that is where I want them to be right now lol. I want them to be vegging for another 2 weeks or so. The other strains are White Rhino and Skywalker OG.

Guess maybe I should go 24/7 to get em to snap out of this.

fractaLz

fractaLz

I have some strains that start flowering with anything less than 24 hours... Def agree with BB, I would start start there. Doesn't sound like you have taken cuts off of them, I've seen some single blades with strains after taking a bunch of cuts, but thats really rare. Def bump up to 24hrs

P

paulycali

Taking a cutting when the plant is flowering will result in single bleaded leafs untill the plants are fully back into there veg stage. Its stressfull on the plant but in the end they seem to turn out just fine. Good luck man and have a happy growing of a day!

OGONLY

OGONLY

Yah I forgot to mention that I took the clones in the second week of flower. No doubt that is why the plants are confused.

Its strange how some are doing just fine and others (those with the curled leaves) are not bushing out.

Check out the pics and let me know what you think.

Babies 024
Babies 026
Babies 027
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah whenever you see that circular leaf shape it indicates that it has switched back to veg. You see this on plants that have flowered and were reveged to get clones. Soma is the one to discover this.

Cheers,
Crom

ooS0uPoo

ooS0uPoo

Revegging is the obvious answer that comes to mind (as well as the root bound GS!) ,but Ive also experienced this with an over dose of superthrive and also green fuse root stim. At the time I chalked it up to the high B vitamin content found in both and nursed the girls back to health, after cutting the steroids from their diet they bounced back. I rarely use any products with the B vitamins found in superthrive anymore so haven't seen this in quite awhile so kinda forgot....

You wouldn't happen to be using an additive with similar properties would you???

P

PoopyCoopy

single bladed leaves are a sign of stress.
wait until it grows out and produces normal leaves before you clone it.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Yes I am using Superthrive at 4 drops per gallon. Also using about 5 ml./gal B52.

I used these in my previous run with no issues. This is the first time I took clones in flower.

Thanks for the input all. I will cut back on the S.T. and B52 and see what happens. Also upped the light time. Plan on flowering in about 10 days.

B

BayAreasFinest

why people veg at anything other then 24/0 is beyond me.

Keep ur plants at 24/0 and u will never have to worry about reveg!

BTW that is exactly what you have. theres no over dosing on Vitamin B with what u said ur giving them. keep ur lights at 24/0 and say goodbye to single bladed leaves.

Green Supreme- Why would a plant start producing Single Bladed leaves if root bound. ive never heard that before. I am not doubting you at all, just Enlighten Me please?

G

Green Supreme

There are some plants that rootbound causes this stress too. For instance Texada Timewarp and Sweet Pink Grapefruit go from like 5 to 3 to 1, when rootbound. Both of these plants begin to flower under 24 hours light once they get to the one leaf stage. It is very hard to bring them back to 5 or more blades after this{I have done it, so I know it can be done}. Watch the new growth for improvements. Once it is on track start picking off the 1 and 3 blades at a conservative rate, till they are all gone. Good luck. Peace GS

ps does sound like a lot of B-vites though

OGONLY

OGONLY

I used to veg 24/0 but heard so many people saying it is a waste. The theory is that plants in nature get to rest lights out and that more light time deosn't necessarily make the plant grow any faster.

I'm not too worried though. Most of the plants look really good. The 4 that are trippin will snap into shape in the flower room I'm sure.

G

Green Supreme

Teehee, the plant in nature doesn't grow in basements. We have had to a adjust a few things to our advantage. I mean in nature they don't grow at constant 79 degrees either, or with the humidity levels we use. Just sayin. Peace GS

M

mark McGuire

Next time try to take cuts before your 12 12 flip that way You can avoid this problem.clones taken after flowering has been initiated usually take longer to root and grow much poorer. Goodluck

Latest posts

Top Bottom