What causes this in seedings

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

Once you get your temp and rh up you can put a small oscillating fan blowing above them to help strengthen the stems be careful to barely move the leaves

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

they are elevated off the floor at the moment on the flood and drain table. i use the table instead of saucers to easily collect the run off. I do have a seedling heat mat which i used to sprout them but then thought now they were sprouted it was a waste of elec.

thinking i may know the reason some are twisting and some arnt. i did use some old coco from a previous grow and probably didnt wash it out properly. and also the ones that are not twisting i used the new fresh coco. does that seem logic ?. also temps are better now i turned my exhaust fan to run 15mins every 1hr

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I kinda doubt that's the case really, anything is possible I suppose, but coco should be fairly easy to flush.

TBH, I'm not seeing all that much malformation that's of any huge concern. In my opinion anyhow. I think your concerns should be noted, but not of tremendous significance at this point, the plants are still young, and it happens sometimes, they should grow out of it. A few wavy leaf margins, but nothing really extreme going on there. Probably has more to do with environmental factors, (temps) or genetics than anything.

If you concerned about the nute concentration, back them off a tad. That's always an option, and you can dial the light back a bit also, if you think it might be a bit on the intense side. Personally, I push them, but not too hard, especially at that stage. When I hit a road bump, I do tend to back things off to re-evaluate.

Some issues are simply difficult to nail down to any one thing. When that happens I'll generally back off a little, until things straighten itself out, then dial it back up.

Last edited:
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I kinda doubt that's the case really, anything is possible I suppose, but coco should be fairly easy to flush.

TBH, I'm not seeing all that much malformation that's of any huge concern. In my opinion anyhow. I think your concerns should be noted, but not of tremendous significance at this point, the plants are still young, and it happens sometimes, they should grow out of it. A few wavy leaf margins, but nothing really extreme going on there. Probably has more to do with environmental factors, (temps) or genetics than anything.

If you concerned about the nute concentration, back them off a tad. That's always an option, and you can dial the light back a bit also, if you think it might be a bit on the intense side. Personally, I push them, but not too hard, especially at that stage. When I hit a road bump, I do tend to back things off to re-evaluate.

Some issues are simply difficult to nail down to any one thing. When that happens I'll generally back off a little, until things straighten itself out, then dial it back up.
cheers mate ,

the nutes are very low at the moment only .5ml of each bottle , green planet dual fuel part 1 & 2 . i dilute the mixture to achieve 0.6ec which isnt much at all.. i agree with you i doubt the twisting is very bad at all and will see if it grows out of it.

my light is spider farmer 2000 , think its a 200w light . thats running in a 4x4 tent at around 25inch from the canopy at %60 intensity at the moment

Latest posts

Top Bottom