What CO2 PPM should I use 6 weeks flower and beyond

• Thread starter OGONLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey farmers, Im in my 6th week of flower and have been decreasing my CO2 gradually over the past 2 weeks. I remember reading that at some point I should lower it to like 800 ppm, then later turn it off all together.

I'm running a CO2 generator. Been at 1200 ppm co2 the past few days.

I would love to hear what ppm you all run in your kick ass systems. I'm pretty new to Co2 so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

dentonland

dentonland

I had this same question. Heard its tappered down and then off .. but not sure of the exact ratio. Lets bump to the front and see if one of the super pros can answer this

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what strain are you running and how long does it take? 10 week strains like say Chemdog D keep putting on wieght until like 8- 8 1/2 weeks.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Was up Kid Twist. Main strain is SFV OG. Other's too but most conserned about the SFV. It is scheduled for 75 days. That would be a Christmas day chop. They do appear to still be packing on weight. Buds are looking very heavy though at this point.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hoping for a very white Christmas Dentonland! And not the PM kind of white LOL!

Day40 202
Day40 203
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Give em what they would get in the wild...350-450 PPM, with elevated levels of co2 Ethylene production is reduced and ripening is delayed. (this is not true with all variations of cannabis)

The hormone ethylene is responsible for the ripening of fruits. Unlike the other four classes of plant hormones, ethylene is a gas at room temperature. Ethylene gas diffuses easily through the air from one plant to another. The saying "One bad apple spoils the barrel" has its basis in the effects of ethylene gas. One rotting apple will produce ethylene gas, which stimulates nearby apples to ripen and eventually spoil because of over ripening. (excerpt from Biology online: Growth and Plant hormones)

+++Makes me wonder if rotting fruit in a sealed room could hasten ripening in a sealed room @ 1500 ppm co2...hmmm++++
FJ

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I drop it at the end. As nutrient level increase so does c02. Then drop nutrients at end until just using water.

Here are some examples to help you determine your schedule.

8 weeks

Veg 700ppm.
Transition to Heavy flower - Day 1-35 1400ppm
Ripening - Day 36-42 1000ppm
Water only - Day 43 to 57 500ppm

If going 10-11 weeks:
flower day 1-56 1400ppm
ripening 57-63 1000ppm
water only 64-78 500ppm

OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks for that Farmer John. Guessing since I have over 3 weeks left I will drop it gradually over the next two weeks then down to none at all.

Interesting point about the ehyline gas. Never knew that.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Good point Motta. Guessing that would be a hard comparison to do since it would involve 2 separate rooms. Guessing the lower CO2 rate at the end helps to induce ripening?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks Leadsled. Makes a lot of sense actually. The plant is slowing down and the nutes are being reduced during the last few weeks. Makes sense that it wouldn't need much extra CO2. Could see how it might actually stress the plant out by having so much air to breath when it is naturally wanting to breath less.

W

weedfarm

So no one does a perpetual grow in a CGE room.

not everyone tapers off. I do for the reasons mentioned. But some insist on perpetual, and you have to decide what to do.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
gas

Good point. I always wondered about the gas theroy while in perpetual. maybe that is why I usually do better with monocropping...

Thanks Leadsled. Makes a lot of sense actually. The plant is slowing down and the nutes are being reduced during the last few weeks. Makes sense that it wouldn't need much extra CO2. Could see how it might actually stress the plant out by having so much air to breath when it is naturally wanting to breath less.

Welcome, Some recommend to try and match c02 ppm to levels of food (ec/ppm) so also make sense to ramp up and down with c02 along with nutes.

btw, I got cge and sometimes run perpetual. (prefer mono-cropping)

One strain kept spitting out white hairs. Dropped c02 and then pistils receeded and calyxs got swollen. not much choice for that scenario

OGONLY

OGONLY

Now you got me thinkin again. I had decided to go to a slow ramp down. Did't know some people still prech perpetual. Oh well, still think I'll keep with the matching ppms of nutes and co2.

What does CGE stand for? Guessing cealed grow something? And monocropping? Is that reducing co2 levels later in flower?

Leadsled mine are still pumping white hairs at day 45. About 10% have begun to turn redish. Things are swelling like crazy. Hit em with their first dose of Overdrive over the weekend. Got some crazy colas forming. Some of the SFVs are chunking out everywhere. Never seen anything like it...in my grow room at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom