What deficiency is this ( can't figure out)

• Thread starter Newbie84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie84

Newbie84

So I'm stuck on what deficiency this is. I'm using happy frog soil with Lotus Nutrients. PH out is good ( 6.0 or so) and PPMs are good 1000 right around there.
The deficiency is mobile, I defoliated the other day and the deficiency moved to the next closer up set of leaves. I have done magnesium foliar spray, gave Advanced Nutrients Revive, CalMag, Recharge etc Nothing seems to get rid of it. Also it doesn't look like or have the same symptoms or pictures of anything I find online. This is a Sour D autoflower that is maybe 45 days old I would have to check but is still young. Any idea what It may be? I am lost

What deficiency is this  cant figure out

What deficiency is this  cant figure out 2

4plant

4plant

What are your temps and rh like? How often are you watering? With that laundry list of nutes sounds like a deficiency would be hard to have.

Newbie84

Newbie84

What are your temps and rh like? How often are you watering? With that laundry list of nutes sounds like a deficiency would be hard to have.
Temps are 75-80 and RH is 45-50%. Nothing seems to get rid of it which is why I figured I would try something wait and see what happens and I haven't been able to stop it. I mean overall the plant is super healthy and has had incredible growth. It's a 3 gallon pot and it's dry needing watering about every 2 days 1 gallon at a time with 20% runoff. ( Checking weight and dryness)

4plant

4plant

3 gallon dry every 2 days is a problem. Can you add a drip so it only dries back 70% or so? You could transfer to a 5-7g but in flower that’s a lot of stress. would stop the foliar feeds and run a heavy watering with your recharge and some black strap molasses. You may need to feed those microbes.

Newbie84

Newbie84

3 gallon dry every 2 days is a problem. Can you add a drip so it only dries back 70% or so? You could transfer to a 5-7g but in flower that’s a lot of stress. would stop the foliar feeds and run a heavy watering with your recharge and some black strap molasses. You may need to feed those microbes.
I have fed sugars a few times ( bud candy) and used Orca once or twice so the microbes should be pretty good. Also my last grow I had 3 gallon pots and in flower I was watering every 2 days and they were amazing. Just about everyone I've talked to in 3 gallon pots waters every 2 days or so in flower. The plant is huge it is bulging out the sides of 2x4 tent so it would make sense it's drinking more water?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The problem isn't your pot size on a previous grow. It worked well so no problem.

Plant stress being a good reason not to ... but ... I'd consider up-potting to 5 gal pots. The new/fresh soil under the root zone will be helpful in turning things around. Consider new shoes (pots). Flowering plants don't really like this but I think they will be far less happy being in the too small (for this grow) "shoe size."

It looks to me more like lock-out due to watering related issues. If the plant has run out of room and the roots are sitting on a wet soggy bottom, you get root rot/acidified soil in that region. 2 days between watering seems slightly excessive unless you're probing with a moisture meter prior to watering.

I hate watering schedules in soil. Let the plant determine what the schedule should be. If the plants are growing well, you'd be surprised on how consistent that schedule can be. Otherwise if we're using Mondays and Thursdays and Saturdays without checking moisture, things can get out of line quickly. Consider raising your plants off the floor so there's air flow around them ...

Newbie84

Newbie84

The problem isn't your pot size on a previous grow. It worked well so no problem.

Plant stress being a good reason not to ... but ... I'd consider up-potting to 5 gal pots. The new/fresh soil under the root zone will be helpful in turning things around. Consider new shoes (pots). Flowering plants don't really like this but I think they will be far less happy being in the too small (for this grow) "shoe size."

It looks to me more like lock-out due to watering related issues. If the plant has run out of room and the roots are sitting on a wet soggy bottom, you get root rot/acidified soil in that region. 2 days between watering seems slightly excessive unless you're probing with a moisture meter prior to watering.

I hate watering schedules in soil. Let the plant determine what the schedule should be. If the plants are growing well, you'd be surprised on how consistent that schedule can be. Otherwise if we're using Mondays and Thursdays and Saturdays without checking moisture, things can get out of line quickly. Consider raising your plants off the floor so there's air flow around them ...
Thank you and I'll see what I can do. Yea I haven't been doing a schedule I've just been going off of weight and touching. It definitely sucks the water up quick. Every 2 days or so is just what it has happened to be as of lately.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Consider adding a moisture probe to your tool kit. A simple, cheap analogue meter is perfect. At most places its about $10.00

growsince79

growsince79

+1. Looks like root problems. I would raise the light a bit and try to let it dry back a little more . You can also use enzymes and microbes to help the roots.

Top Bottom