what do done trichs look like?? day 55 flower NL

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

Whats up all. i have a northern lights plant thats at day 55 flower. can you guys tell me what a trich will look like when the buds at its most potent?

also after 2 flushees this plant hasnt lost any color? does that happen sometimes?..promix 5 gal fox farm and pura vida under a 400hps and a 600hps. it had no nutes since day 40 with 1st flush.

U

ukgirl420

when trichs are amber its at its most potent ,,

ime i ve never had a plant go all amber ,usually about 60/40

have you anypics you may still have a week or more to go yet my nl went to 10 weeks

:rollj:

R

rob 146

The 30X and 100X lighted magnifier are tools everyone serious about harvest timing should have. They make it easy to monitor the resin development process. After seeing 400X images of resin glands, I decided to also buy the 100X magnifier. It supplies a superior view, providing an enhanced perspective of resin gland condition and development.

I recommend buying the 30X model first and if you would like to expand your analytical capabilities, buy the 100X model. They both allow for a much closer inspection of the clarity, color and condition of the resin glands, which should be swollen and unbroken while remaining transparent and slightly amber, if at all, at the peak of ripeness. Some prefer harvesting earlier, as THC degrades to more sedative cannabinoids as the glands ripen.

Harvest timing is a matter of personal preference. When the glandular trichomes are clear with very little, if any coloration, THC levels are at their peak with CBD and CBN both at levels that will not overly influence the THC with their sedative effects. Some prefer more overwhelming narcotic type effects, allowing the resin glands to cloud and begin to amber or darken to increase overall cannabinoid content. The resin glands appear and therefore will mature at different times. A compromise is made when determining the desired overall maturity level to harvest. It depends on the growers preference in effect and palate.

from grow FAQ's..................rob

TrikeChart
S

supasticky

About 1 more week. You want your trichs to look pearl white and SOME amber ones. THC potency is not at its peak with a lot of amber, it's more of a preference. A plant cut early will have a more clear look to it and has more of a head high while amber trichs have a body effect. Milky white is somewhere in the middle. They should also look swelled to some extent. Some strains more than others, but still SWELLED. 9-10 weeks is a good time for most indoor strains like NL so I would go about 60-65 days.

This is not my picture!
greencountryorganics.wordpress.com/

http://i257.invalid.com/albums/hh230/itschillbro/trichomes.jpg

Apache69

Apache69

So if you wanted a medicine for sleep you would want to go with more Amber?

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
NL.......daytime 30% amber........night time 75% amber......IMO..........shamus

J

jordisgarden

Wow guys thats some awsome information. so i do own a 30x mag with a light attachment. it came in my sons spy gear kit. he got 2 so he gave me one..i was looking through it tonite and they are 90% milkey. the tops of the buds are well done all the hairs are orangeish redish. but the buds are like 8 inches and low down the branch all the hairs white. im sorry i dont have pics . im workin on a phone here and cant figure out how to get the pics from the phoneto the website. also the plant hasnt lost any color yet. i already flushed 2 times with clearex. make any sense?

J

jordisgarden

Holy crap. its pretty cool. so in the next 5 or so days i can expect that change they go through? you know how some seem to go through this like magical change where one week your not sure and the next its a different plant?. i had no idea theyd turn red. awsome.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Fall colors; almost harvest time... You'll be happy you flushed your gals.

J

jordisgarden

Yeah but ive done 2. 2 part flushes. 3 1/2 gal into the 5 gal bucket. bcuz the 5 gal isnt filled all the way. then i burn one. then i run another 4 gals through. with 2 done. i figured id get a third flush done on day 57 then see how shes lookin on day 60. hey guys should i be using clearex. the stuff breaks down salts and nutes to be washed away easier . but it leaves behind sugars and shit. is plain water best?

U

ukgirl420

ive only ever used plain water ,,i think its a matter of prefrence ,,:rollj:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the flush is a 1-3 week process. just running water thru it wont get everything outa the plant is has stuff stored in the leaves. are you letting it dry out between these "flushes"? over watering it will really slow it down. most nl's have a finish time of 8-10 weeks listed under the description. what you can do is cut most of the plant between 60-65 days like suggested. leave some of the lower buds on to finish at 70 days cut em,dry em and keep em separated soon as they get a decent cure give em a smoke and see what one you like better then you can know for next time. anytime i run a strain for the 1st time i always harvest a little at a time to see where i want to be for a high.

J

jordisgarden

Thanks kid twist. just to be clear i start the flush on day 40 of flower. i flush then i wait a week till the buckets all dried out. i can tell by weight and i cut a finger hole at the bottom. so i usually get 3 flushes in by day 55 every 5 or 6 days its dry. thats why im surprised there isnt any color loss. maybe after the third flush in a day or 2 itll start to change. i figured if i use the clearex on the first 2 flushes there wont be much crap left by the 3rd flsh and i canuse plain water for the last flush. now do you guys ever chop a plant while the medium is still we does that even matter? i am. able to put it in a closet with 30% hummidity would that be bettter for the last week of it life? more resin in drier conditions?

S

supasticky

Clearex is pretty good. You have to leave it in your soil for about 5 hrs. then flush it all out. It's usually a one time application and then just straight water, but I don't see much harm in using it more than once. I would advise to do at least your last flush with straight water though.

Some people like to let the soil be very dry before they chop, but I don't think that matters too much. As far as the closet goes, the lower humidity isn't going to help resin production. In flower your plant wants about 50-70% humidity.

patience is a virtue.

-Supa

J

jordisgarden

Thanks supa. so ive had it all wrong with the clearex. i was using it wrong. so if i left it for a while then wash it away it would prob work a lot better?.
what are the carbs for then. is it food for the plant? because everything else gets washed away.
i read something that said you are hurting your plants by flushing them. that it damages roots and causes loss of quality and yeild. im sure its true to a certain degree. but how much dm.age? couldnt be much considering ive never met agrower who knows what they are doing that doesnt flush.

O

Oregonic

Hey jordis, I am at the same point mid 40's and starting to flush with clearex. I mainly used it due to PH problems and my ladies perked up like crazy after the second day. I am gonna do a clearex flush at day 50 then pure ph'd water for my last flush, then let them sit for 5-6 days to dry out before I cut them.

I think this gives a good base for future grows, if the herb doesn't turn out as good as I hope then adjust for next round ;)

I saw some other flushing chems at the hydro store, don't recall the brand but had 'flavors' like grape and standard berry..... anyone know wtf I am rambling about?

J

jordisgarden

Absolutly bro i picked up something on the advise of the local hyro guy. its called floranectar. it is for exactly that. only it sweetens rather than flavors. i have 2 blz buds and im gunna use it on one but not the other. that way i can tell what it does...oh oreganic i used the clearex on a nl i have dried anhe ash is pure white bro. the taste is amazing. only i dont know if its due to the flush or if i just grew it right....anyway i have another nl comin down 20 days after this one. i aint gunna use clrex on that one and then ill be able to compair all three nl plants buds.. i have a feelin the the clearex workat cuz the shit im smokin now is sooooo clean. a friend told mehe loves the stuff i gave him was the best so far this year and could i please call the guyi get it from for more. if he only knew. he fuckin shit....id love to blow his mind but i gut kids...so noone will ever kit came from

S

supasticky

The sugars in Clearex are actually there to bind to the salts in your medium and then get flushed out. That's why you let it sit for 5 hrs. If I were you I would flush with Clearex my first time, and then water with a microbial tea. After that plain water till finish time. I used Clearex my first time growing and i would have to say it works very well and is very idiot proof lol. The white ashes are from flushing right so looks like you got it down man. Good luck.

-Supa

P.S
I fuckin love NL.

J

jordisgarden

Man. i have to say nl IS some kick ass ganja. i had smoked " northern lights" before. but untill i started growing i had to take someones word for it that it was nl. thats one of the major reasons i started growing. i never knew what the hell it was. and now that iv smoked the real nl its better than i remember it being...the bomb. everyone iv given some loves it. now i know why its so popular. any idea what the make of nl is as indica/ sativa?

Latest posts

Top Bottom