What do ya'll recommend for

• Thread starter Money420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Money420

When training your plants. What type of style do you like and why??? Like topping or low stress training. Or is there another one???

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It really depends. I don't think I have ever done 2 grows exactly the same.

Generally I defoliate to some extent on every grow. I grow in ideal conditions using RDWC and CO2, and plants get big fast. Tall plants often get topped, sometimes multiple times. Pinch and bend happens quite a bit. More often than not I have a net and do some form of SCROG. But it really depends on the plants I'm growing, how long I veg, stuff like that. Also LED vs HID makes a difference.

Basically they are all good tools, and you should be familiar with all of them and use the right tool for the job you have in front of you.

There is also a form of topping called FIM which stands for fuck I missed.

Another one is called mainlining. I don't see the point in that version personally.

Love this guy - if you have not seen this it is worth the watch start to finish

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I top, usually four or five times to get as many tops as I need, then I scrog the plants down low at the start of flower. As they stretch, I tuck the tops out wider and wider until I have a top in every trellis hole (or as close to that as I can get.) My goal is a flat, low, even canopy that covers my entire tent. This way seems the easiest way to get that, to me.

Top Bottom