What do you do with the growing media when you’re done? Recycling options?

• Thread starter 420ganjagirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420ganjagirl

420ganjagirl

What do you do with your growing media (rockwool, coco coir, etc.) when you’re done? Any recyclying options?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep my coco perlite goes straight to my chooks they turn it into good compost I put out on my fruit trees .

Cube

Cube

Yep my coco perlite goes straight to my chooks they turn it into good compost I put out on my fruit trees .

I thought I was following you but I had to google "chooks" just to be sure. You must live in one of those Down Under places.

Excellent advise to be sure, don't just trash it. Although you did mention rockwool, I don't know if that can be broken down by gizzards.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I thought I was following you but I had to google "chooks" just to be sure. You must live in one of those Down Under places.

Excellent advise to be sure, don't just trash it. Although you did mention rockwool, I don't know if that can be broken down by gizzards.
Yes I do live as far south we have seen penguins in scarfs and mittens , I use to use rock wool many many many years back on a continuous drip feed system but had no way of getting rid of it so I went to jiffy pots soak them in worm tea and Vegemite drain for a day set seed or do cuts into them much easer for my backyard system .

Cube

Cube

Yes I do live as far south we have seen penguins in scarfs and mittens , I use to use rock wool many many many years back on a continuous drip feed system but had no way of getting rid of it so I went to jiffy pots soak them in worm tea and Vegemite drain for a day set seed or do cuts into them much easer for my backyard system .

What about global warming? I'd think the penguins would need some SPF 45 minimum at this point. 🤣

I also love me some jiffy pots, especially for seedlings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom